New Fatbiker here- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

New Fatbiker here

Just purchased my first fatbike. It's a 2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert. It happened to be a demo at my local shop and I was only the second person to demo it. The shop had already set it up tubeless too. I demo'd for two days and 30 plus miles and fell in love with it. I cannot believe how nimble this bike is. It eats up trails. Can't wait to rack up miles. With it being a leftover 2015 from the specialized warehouse and a demo Completely stoked

Last edited by cliston; 01-06-2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Just picked up a Salsa Beargrease 2 2015 just last week. I got 20% off mine now I just ride around with a goofy grin. Have fun I certainly am.

mtbr member
    Me too, as of 4:30 this afternoon.

I went for a 2hr ride with my skinny 26er last Thursday. I came back home and chatted with my dad about how it would've been easier with a fatty 26er. He said what you need is a fat bike. Walked upstairs to change before waking up my son, the wife says hi you need a fatbike. I immediately started looking around for cameras since my family knows I have no spending cash. I thought well this could be a test, but if I fail at least I get a fatbike. Was thinking Pugsley but the shops were not open today that were advertising for 899... so to the House I went and spent. I pick up the MN 2.2 on Thursday. White and blue in homage to my Hardrock back when I was 12. So now I gotta raid the parts bin to sell on CL, regardless this is gonna be a fun winter.

See you guys out there!
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

fat guy on a little bike
    Dec 2006
    add me to the list of newbie fatty . after 2 weeks of research & riding a multitude of bikes, i ordered a Surly Wednesday yesterday. As soon as the shop opened, i went there and struck a deal. very excited for it's delivery...

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cliston View Post

Just purchased my first fatbike. It's a 2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert. It happened to be a demo at my local shop and I was only the second person to demo it. The shop had already set it up tubeless too. I demo'd for two days and 30 plus miles and fell in love with it. I cannot believe how nimble this bike is. It eats up trails. Can't wait to rack up miles. With it being a leftover 2015 from the specialized warehouse and a demo I pretty much got about 30% off retail. Completely stoked

Don't be surprised when the other bikes start collecting dust. I've ridden my Yeti a total of one time since last August. I just always gravitate towards my Fatboy when I'm heading out for a ride.
    MiTT
    Denver Metro (Front Range), Colorado

'17 Otso Voytek (B+ & Fat)
    '00 Yeti ARC
    '12 Novara Buzz

Fatty Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by cliston View Post

Just purchased my first fatbike. It's a 2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert. It happened to be a demo at my local shop and I was only the second person to demo it. The shop had already set it up tubeless too. I demo'd for two days and 30 plus miles and fell in love with it. I cannot believe how nimble this bike is. It eats up trails. Can't wait to rack up miles. With it being a leftover 2015 from the specialized warehouse and a demo I pretty much got about 30% off retail. Completely stoked

CONGRATS!!! enjoy it!!
    2014 Salsa Beargrease Carbon XX1
    :madmax:IF IT AIN'T A FATTY IT AIN'T WORTH RIDING...:madmax: