My new Beargrease 2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015

My new Beargrease 2

My new Beargrease 2-img_20151231_145427732.jpgMy new Beargrease 2-img_20151231_145437884_hdr.jpg

Sure is fun to feel like a 51 year old kid Just picked up the Beargrease 2 on Wednesday night and got out on the trails yesterday. My winter fun factor just went up 100%. I love classic x-skiing but with the light snow cover here in MN/WI what a great alternative. I am also thinking as winter gives way to spring, summer and fall the Beargrease 2 will end up replacing my Trek X-Cal and become my 4 season bike do it all bike.
    During this past week waiting for my bike I had the opportunity to ride a Surly Pugsly Ops, Salsa Mukluk and a Framed MN. For me I would say at least on snow the Surly Pug Ops was in 2nd place for fun and handling. The Mukluk was a size small for me so maybe not a great comparison but was fun. The Framed MN was an option I was looking at early in my search but now I am really glad I spent the extra. The gearing did not go low enough, the stock tires did not handle as well and the shifting was not as good.
    A bunch of us will be heading out today again and I anticipate another day with a big goofy grin on my face

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yup, the fun factor is high on a Fat Bike.
    Congrats on the B.G.. I rode around on one of them and really liked the ride. I have a 4 year old Mukluk and think that the geometry has been refined since then. I ride it almost exclusively on snow, the newer models are better year round.

mtbr member
    Nice bike!

My fatbike experience started in a similar way. Now I own 2 of them (one for winter and one for summer), and my roadbike has been replaced with a rigid 29er with drop bars.

Traction! I love traction!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Today my wife is test riding a Beargrease X5 on rental from our LBS and is comparing it to mine. I am pretty sure she will follow suit and get one as well. I really think she will like it especially in the summer on single track. I think it will give her more confidence.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Did I just see one of you guys on Chicago ave across from Kowalskis with that pretty blue Salsa in the back of your truck...?

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by smhmpls View Post
    Did I just see one of you guys on Chicago ave across from Kowalskis with that pretty blue Salsa in the back of your truck...?
    Must have been someone else, my wife and I were busy riding the Woolly Mammoth trails. I think it's official that my wife will be placing an order tomorrow at our LBS

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Nice, enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    A couple of things I noticed with my Beargrease 2 today was the lighter weight really helped power up the hills and coming out of corners could get back up to speed quickly. The geometry of the bike really fits me well for quick and responsive handling. So far super happy with my purchase. I am also thinking I am really going to love it on single track with no snow as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ArronV View Post
    I am also thinking I am really going to love it on single track with no snow as well.
    This ^^^. My Niner Air 9 Carbon barely gets out of the garage. I ride my Lamere Fat year around and it's a blast. I ride Cuyuna frequently and didn't bring the 29er once this year.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Congrats on the new bike. It looks great! Have fun.

Rippin da fAt

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by ArronV View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151231_145427732.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	1039374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151231_145437884_HDR.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	1039375

Sure is fun to feel like a 51 year old kid Just picked up the Beargrease 2 on Wednesday night and got out on the trails yesterday. My winter fun factor just went up 100%. I love classic x-skiing but with the light snow cover here in MN/WI what a great alternative. I am also thinking as winter gives way to spring, summer and fall the Beargrease 2 will end up replacing my Trek X-Cal and become my 4 season bike do it all bike.
    During this past week waiting for my bike I had the opportunity to ride a Surly Pugsly Ops, Salsa Mukluk and a Framed MN. For me I would say at least on snow the Surly Pug Ops was in 2nd place for fun and handling. The Mukluk was a size small for me so maybe not a great comparison but was fun. The Framed MN was an option I was looking at early in my search but now I am really glad I spent the extra. The gearing did not go low enough, the stock tires did not handle as well and the shifting was not as good.
    A bunch of us will be heading out today again and I anticipate another day with a big goofy grin on my face
    That's because you're 10 years old again when you're on that bike! It's a known side effect of the medication called "Fatbike"!!!

Welcome to fAtdom!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I've had my BG X5 for a bit over a week now. I went 1x10 right away and switched to some 120 tpi Nates I had on hand. The bike gets up to speed quick and it handles like no other fat bike I've been on. Really curious to see if it can replace my 29er come spring time. Light 4" tires setup tubeless might just be the ticket..

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I absolutely love my BG 2! Handles awesome, responsive, climbs great, gets up to speed quickly, handles the corners great. Just a pure joy to ride. It certainly makes me feel like 10 again

LCW
    mtbr member
    Nice looking ride! I'm getting the same "kid" feeling on my Surly Wednesday. Glad I finally took the plunge into fatbiking!

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

Rippin da fAt
    Life without a fatbike is just not the same! Enjoy the ride, all!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Life without a fatbike is just not the same! Enjoy the ride, all!
    So true! Doesn't matter what you ride just get out and enjoy all 4 seasons. I still had fun on the other fat bikes I test rode.

Rippin da fAt
    When your bike finds out about your infidelity!!!
    Doctor recommended...