mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Mulefuts finally!

I have been waiting and waiting for a good deal on Mulefuts, and finally BD has them in stock again! Great deal while it lasts! Just wanted to share for anyone still looking for them!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by iCollector View Post
    I have been waiting and waiting for a good deal on Mulefuts, and finally BD has them in stock again! Great deal while it lasts! Just wanted to share for anyone still looking for them!
    Please add links, description of the rims (some might not even know what a mulefot is..) specs, info on bikes direct, +whatever..

Right now the post is a lille bit like a tweet and kinda empty..☺

Thanks for the heads up though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Wellll I was trying to be discreet.

My assumption was incorrect that Mulefuts would be a commonly known fat bike rim. My apologies.

Here is the link - while supplies last of course 80mm wide, and great for tubeless!

PAIR of FatBike SunRingle MuleFut Tubeless Compatible Thru-Axle Wheels + FREE Tires: VeeRubber SnowShoe 120Tpi

I've had good luck with Bikes Direct, ymmv....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Any idea what this wheelset weighs?
    "Nothing is free."

Fargo Ti / Jones TI Spaceframe SS / Mukluk Ti / Foundry Cross / Colnago Master / Cannondale Tandem

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Product Specs Rim only:

830g
    Outer Rim Width: 80mm
    Inner Rim Width: 74.4mm
    Size: 26in (559)
    Pinned
    STR Tubeless Ready
    Disc only
    Hole Count: 32 (Dual Row)
    ERD 551mm
    Hole Offset 19mm

Product specs on the wheelset op mentioned (brass nipples, novatec hubs, it doesn't mention weight, but its probably in the 2600-2900g range:

Spec Info Per Mfg.

F/TIRE(TR) VEE RUBBER 26X4.5 VRB370 SnowShoe 120TPI Silica Comp. Foldable Light weight
    R/TIRE(TR)VEE RUBBER 26X4.5 VRB370 SnowShoe 120TPI Silica Comp. Foldable Light weight
    TUBES(TB) VEE RUBBER 26X4.25/4.7 FV
    RIM TAPES(RT) PVC 26x70x835x1.0x835mm BLACK W/FV
    RIMS(RM) SUN-RINGLE Mulefüt SL 80mm, 32H, W/FV BLACK ANOD. W/ Lightening HOLES ( 32mm )
    SPOKE(SK) 14Gx64PCS STAINLESS W/BRASS 14MM NIPPLE
    F/HUB(HB) NOVATEC D201SB-15 ALLOY FRONT DISC HUB 32H,OLD:15mmx150mm FOR FAT BIKE , 2 Precision BEARINGS , W/O THROUGH PARTS , POLISH ANOD. BLACK
    R/HUB(FH) NOVATEC D202SB-X12MM-S4S ALLOY REAR DISC HUB W/ STEEL CASSETTE BODY 32H. OL: 12x197MM CRMO AXLE, 4 Precision BEARINGS, 2RS, POLISH ANOD. BLACK
    QR ADAPTER NOVATEC TYPE 1-QR ADAPTER L: 200mm W/10mm HUB CRMO AXLE & SIDE CAP ( BLK ) W/QUICK RELEASE
    R/HUB NOVATEC ( 5mm ) ALLOY BLK LEVER & NUT , CRMO AXLE L: 210mm FOR O.L.N.: 190mm
    NOTE: These come with NO ADAPTERS. The rear Thru-axle is 197mm
    Comes with the CONVERSION kit that changes the rear axle to QR 190mm

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy81 View Post
    Please add links, description of the rims (some might not even know what a mulefot is..) specs, info on bikes direct, +whatever..

Right now the post is a lille bit like a tweet and kinda empty..☺

Thanks for the heads up though.
    You're joking, right? Please tell me you are.

I'm not normally this snarky, but, you do know you're using a computer, connected to the internet, right?

Let me google that for you
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    You're joking, right? Please tell me you are.

I'm not normally this snarky, but, you do know you're using a computer, connected to the internet, right?

Let me google that for you
    Mate, strange that you choose to be snarky about somehing like this, it's very unneccesary and it reflects badly on you as a moderator.

I'm absolutely not joking.

The op referred to a spesific deal without linking to it. Spesific deal. You want people to start googling? "please tell me YOU are joking".

Anybody can google, but why fill up a forum with posts that is essentially empty..

My whole point is that the more info you find in a post the more value it'll have. It's great to be able to find all the info in the actual post, not having to search out everything (no offence to the op here). I know some of the terms, but 'm sure many people do not.

Especially for people new to fatbiking that do not know mulefut, or people overseas that don't benefit from ordering from bikes direct it's quite nice to actually have the info.

Imagine if someone searced mulefut and found this: https://www.google.no/search?q=mulef...=1200&bih=1809
    Then they'd ask here in the thread what it is, and get flamed for "not searching".
    I'm sure you'd be first in that line

Also since the heading says "mulefuts finally!" It works kinda like clickbait (again sorry to the op for using you as an example here") since the heading doesn't spesify what it is related to. New version, new something, personal experience, finally testing it, etc etc.
    If the post is filled with useful info about the topic, I believe it's a lot more propriate in a forum like this.
    Perhaps I'm wrong though since the moderators disagree..

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Wow - sorry for all the trouble!

I casually browse the FB (OK fat bike or fat bike) forums, and learned a few things simply by osmosis... BD = Bikes Direct, and well Mulefuts IMHO, have been spoken about for so long as great tubeless rims, that I didn't think I needed to expound on that.

The Header was my enthusiastic way of expressing how happy i was to find a good deal on them...

A shame the caused such a ruckus! Again - my apologies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I like Bacon, but now I wonder if split pea soup would be better with mulefut feet?
    Sometimes Rickety, not a turd

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd View Post
    I like Bacon, but now I wonder if split pea soup would be better with mulefut feet?
    oh FooK you gonna make me google it ?

Your search - wonder if split pea soup would be better with mulefut feet? - did not match any documents.
    Suggestions:

• Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    • Try different keywords.
    • Try more general keywords.
    • Try fewer keywords.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

I casually browse the FB (OK fat bike or fat bike) forums, and learned a few things simply by osmosis... BD = Bikes Direct, and well Mulefuts IMHO, have been spoken about for so long as great tubeless rims, that I didn't think I needed to expound on that.

The Header was my enthusiastic way of expressing how happy i was to find a good deal on them...

I got your post from reading it. The only thing maybe you could have spelled out was BD, if someone dud not know. Although they could have asked if they did not know. I would not expect all the specs, info about bikes direct and a manufacturers blueprint with your post. In my mind if someone want's more info that is what the Internet is for. You will be surprised what you can learn by "Googling". Maybe it is me but I don't need to be spoon feed info, I can look it up. That is how I learn, and figure things out.
    '15 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    '19 Karate Monkey
    Motobecane Boris
    Raleigh Willard 3, Furley & Militis 3 (SS)
    Nashbar Carbon Road

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy81 View Post
    Mate, strange that you choose to be snarky about somehing like this, it's very unneccesary and it reflects badly on you as a moderator.

I'm absolutely not joking.

The op referred to a spesific deal without linking to it. Spesific deal. You want people to start googling? "please tell me YOU are joking".

Anybody can google, but why fill up a forum with posts that is essentially empty..
    Forums stimulate interest, and curiosity. That should lead to, research. Be it via Google, the search function here (which many deride as not that great, but, whatever) etc.

If everything is spoon fed to you, you learn very little other than what someone wants you to see. Like, other rims, other brands, other places to purchase, other prices, set up tips for various tubeless ready rims, and lord only know what else.

And, you should really come and hang out in the one, tiny, quirky little sub forum I'm a mod for if you want to see how I act like with my mod hat on. Because here, I'm just a normal dude, no private helicopter privileges, or expectations I act like a perfect gentleman to everyone, at every turn in the path.

That said, I'm generally a really, friendly polite person, and haven't called names or anything, just called out what appeared to be really lackluster search for information, motivation.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    You know the difference between pea soup and roast mulefut?

Anybody can roast mulefut!
    We still hang bike thieves in Wyoming [Pedal House]

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkeith View Post
    You know the difference between pea soup and roast mulefut?

Anybody can roast mulefut!
    you can get close though

4:38 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTqsV3q7rRU

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Mate, no worries. I'll take the blame for starting this one..