Mukluks with Hookworms pictures?- Mtbr.com
    Tigard, Oregon

Mukluks with Hookworms pictures?

Lots of pics of Pugs and Fatbacks, any good pics of Muks with hookworms or any tire at all? Just got my Surly Open bars dialed in, thinking of trying Hookworms for the summer...

Lets see them!

Dang, was planning on loading some pics to start with but the ol iPad isn't cooperating!
    2011 Salsa Mukluk / 2006 KTM 400 EXC

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I was thinking of trying them too, but I think I'll stay with the Larrys. There's a thread "Mukluk Street Fighter Style" with some pics from a couple weeks ago...I tried to post the link, but I don't have enough post's yet.

Frt Range, CO
    Wonder why no one considers the spider tires for street, keeps everything nice and fat:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=3285

mtbr member
    I love my Spider Tires for road and dry singletrack...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5831413...in/photostream

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter View Post
    Wonder why no one considers the spider tires for street, keeps everything nice and fat.
    Does the Spider roll that much better than an Endo?

From the side it looks like the Endo would roll better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I`am just running my Larrys @8-9 psi & on mostly singletrack ,no roads(well maybe some dirt roads) I`am still amazed how well fatties work on dirt trails.I have done some trail almost as fast with my muk as my lynskey ridgeline 29er,go figure.I say lets all stay fat all year long.KP

mtbr member
    Johnclimber has done a long road ride (90 miles?) on his Larrys, might be worth asking his opinion.

The little road use I have given mine makes me think there's no need to use a different tyre for road use - unless you're worried about wearing out the Larry. Once up to speed, they truck along nicely.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57ļ36' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post
    Johnclimber has done a long road ride (90 miles?) on his Larrys, might be worth asking his opinion.

The little road use I have given mine makes me think there's no need to use a different tyre for road use - unless you're worried about wearing out the Larry. Once up to speed, they truck along nicely.
    I've put in a mixed paved bike trail/road ride of a similar length on my Mukluk. I ran the Larry's at 30 PSI and they rolled along very well. There's not a lot of tire contacting the pavement (the innermost 3 lines of tread blocks) at that pressure. I haven't noted a lot of wear on the Larry's so far, and I've ridden them mostly on pavement rather than dirt/gravel thus far.

Tigard, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by sfuller View Post
    I've put in a mixed paved bike trail/road ride of a similar length on my Mukluk. I ran the Larry's at 30 PSI and they rolled along very well. There's not a lot of tire contacting the pavement (the innermost 3 lines of tread blocks) at that pressure. I haven't noted a lot of wear on the Larry's so far, and I've ridden them mostly on pavement rather than dirt/gravel thus far.
    I was kind of thinking of saving the Larrys but if you think the wear is negligable I might not worry about it too much, but then again I would like to see how it goes with that type of tire. 30 pounds huh? I have only gone to 20 on mine... Might have to try that too!

Tigard, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter View Post
    Wonder why no one considers the spider tires for street, keeps everything nice and fat:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=3285
    The Spiders do look good but weigh just about the same I think as the Larrys and the Hookworms are only $37.00 each, actually saw them on sale a while back for $32.00... With a daughter in need of a car I might have to go with the Hookworms! lol...

Frt Range, CO
    I don't think I could bear to runing my fattie with skinnies. I have plenty of other bikes, my fattie's staying fluffly, larrys front/rear for 3 seasons, endo in the back for winter.

mtbr member

We the people ... Was posted a while back..

Here's the thread with pics.

Know a friend who did this with his Fatback, he said it rode great on the road, but it gives you less BB clearance, so he would hit peddles a bit off road.

Hmm URL, seems to not show up:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=705336
    Last edited by Dmonkey; 07-07-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: URL not showing up..
    "To Name me, is to label me." -
    Michi or Dick Van Patton

mtbr member
    I might give these tires a try. I'm going to ride the Mukluk on my 12 mile commute through Los Angeles and see how it goes.

Bunker Hill Bikes

Mukluk with Hookworms

Posted photos of my Mukluk with Hookworms a while back.

Here is the link:

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/muk...le-705336.html

-Chad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post

Sorry I've only just seen this, my 90 miler was 85% off road most of this was on fire road style trails and there was no real drag.

I recently do the Liverpool, Chester, Liverpool bike ride where I blew the pressure up to 20psi and ler rip over taking loads of roadies and only a dozen got past and away from me.

Here's a shot from my GoPro fixed to the frame overtaking a roadie, note he's in the big ring up front
    I averaged 17mph all route

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    I set the #4 fastest time running a Larry front and rear on my Pugsley on a downhill paved section of road where primarily roadies ride:

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/segments/613878/embed'></iframe>
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.