Mukluk 2 Derailleur Question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Mukluk 2 Derailleur Question

I am packing up my Muk 2 for an airplane trip and I am pulling off my rear wheel for the first time. When i remove the skewer and wheel the rear derailleur just falls off the bike. The derailleur hanger fits nicely into a groove in the frame and when the quick release is closed it is pressed in and does not move. It seems to have worked fine like this all winter. There is a bolt hole, but there is no bolt to attach the derailleur to the frame. I have been riding it this way all winter, but never pulled the back wheel and noticed it. Should there be a bolt attaching the derailleur to the frame. My guess is yes like other bikes, but not sure what happened to mine. Any info from other Muk 2 owners would be greatly appreciated as this is now a crisis for me. If I am missing a bolt, do you know if this is a standard thing a shop might have, or is it something I need to get from Salsa...

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    yeah, there is a bold there. A really large headed Allen. I would contact bike shop that build it up.

Sandy Pants
    Feb 2011
    My MukII has a bolt. Most shops should have this.
    - the Lipid Licker rides again -

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    It's the same type used for your chainrings. I was swapping shifters last week and noticed mine was really loose. I've never had a derailer hanger come loose before, so maybe they were shipped not tight. Might be worth a check by other Muk II owners.

Members who have read this thread: 1