Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread - Page 45- Mtbr.com
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
Results 4,401 to 4,419 of 4419
    mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Got my NT Ti SL and I am more that pleases with it. I like the large 19” frame for my 5’11” height and for my riding style. But can see why Bikes Direct recommends a medium for my size. I just like the feel of a longer frame.

The front brake rotor has a very sight warp to it and I broke the C-clip on the top cross bolt of disk brake. Didn’t realize I had to remove c-clip before unscrewing the bolt that holds the plastic brake pad divider. (My fault). I will remove the rotor and see if it’s the rotor or the hub mounting surface that is causing the warp.

Assembly was fairly easy except for the handlebar clamp bolts. You have to be very careful not to cross thread the bolts. It could be done very easy if you were in a hurry. The directions that comes with the bike were no help to me but with it mostly assembled, there is no need for them. YouTube is way more helpful.

It was getting dark so I couldn’t ride for very long, just a quick ride around the block. I am quite pleased with the geometry and ride so far. It is a very light bike compared to my steel Diamondback bike I had last year.

My only complaint so far could be that I now need a heavy, $$, quality bike lock where a cheap, lightweight, bike lock worked fine with my lower cost Diamondback bike. The biggest surprise and a bonus too me is the hub clicker is not annoying loud. I could hardly hear the clicking over the hum of the tyres. I may not need to upgrade to an Onyx silent hub.

mtbr member
    Congratulations! Yeah, judging by you previous post I figured you'd be happy with the LARGE, and that was what I recommended, so I'm glad it worked out well.

You are absolutely correct about the handlebar clamp bolts being easy to cross-thread. Also, all of the stem's bolts are easy to strip -- well, it's the stem that strips -- if you overtighten just a bit. Don't ask me how I know. I know :-(

I had a good laugh about you lock predicament. We are our own worst enemy :-)

Just get a super duper nice lock. Maybe they'll steal that instead.
    Time flies like the wind
    But fruit flies like bananas.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Do any of you folks who have blown up the Novatec d202sb hubs or moved on to other hubs still have the 197mm spaced axle/endcap? I bought a set on ebay from a guy that said 190 or 197 but only came with the 190TA setup. I need 197TA setup. Bdop doesn't carry that size. I think I found one on Alixpress. Novatec USA doesn't stock it and sent me on to Bike Fettish. I'm guessing it'll be a rip off $100+ based on what they tried to sell the XD driver for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    Do any of you folks who have blown up the Novatec d202sb hubs or moved on to other hubs still have the 197mm spaced axle/endcap? I bought a set on ebay from a guy that said 190 or 197 but only came with the 190TA setup. I need 197TA setup. Bdop doesn't carry that size. I think I found one on Alixpress. Novatec USA doesn't stock it and sent me on to Bike Fettish. I'm guessing it'll be a rip off $100+ based on what they tried to sell the XD driver for.
    pm sent.

Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread-d202sb-197-ta.jpg
    Last edited by watermonkey; 04-17-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    pm sent.
    I sent you a pm with my shipping info. Not sure if you were busy with the holiday or just forgot.

mtbr member
    Can someone explain if an XD freehub body is available for the Novatec hub that shipped with the 10-speed shimano cassette?

I would think that they are available, but I can’t seem to figure out the right part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyJr View Post
    Can someone explain if an XD freehub body is available for the Novatec hub that shipped with the 10-speed shimano cassette?

I would think that they are available, but I can’t seem to figure out the right part number.

Not positive, but...
    https://www.amazon.com/Novatec-Sram-...28868627&psc=1

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Is the novatec freehub body on amazon this one?

Name:  novatec.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  78.5 KB

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    It appears the amazon one is the correct one. If you look at the chart on Bdop cyling it shows the XD driver for the D202sB to be the same as the ones that the amazon listing calls out (D712SB D772SB D482SB D882SB).

I bought from Bdop and it was quick and painless. I actually got my xd driver from China before I got parts I ordered from Jenson in CA. I live in Minnesota https://www.bdopcycling.com/Wheel%20Parts-XD-DRIVER.asp

mtbr member

Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    It appears the amazon one is the correct one. If you look at the chart on Bdop cyling it shows the XD driver for the D202sB to be the same as the ones that the amazon listing calls out (D712SB D772SB D482SB D882SB).
    Am I right in thinking that with that XD freehub body, an Eagle GX cassette can be installed on my Novatec hub?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyJr View Post
    Am I right in thinking that with that XD freehub body, an Eagle GX cassette can be installed on my Novatec hub?

YES. if it's an XD driver it can take the Eagle GX cassette

mtbr member
    Last edited by WhiskeyJr; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Took the night train for a nice ride today.. love the grip even with "slicks"

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Anyone use fenders on this bike? If so, what do you use?
    This custom one seems great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-Kbf0u0oM&t=501s

mtbr member
    I use the beaver guard ones. They fit and look great.

https://beaverguardfatbike.com/

mtbr member
    I'm very happy with the SKS Fatboards.
    Time flies like the wind
    But fruit flies like bananas.

Professional Crastinator

Internal Cable Plugs Tough to Remove

After 3 years of [ab]use, the ol' Sturgis is due for some TLC. The screws in the frame plugs are really stuck. I rounded them out after letting them sit with Blaster on them for 24 hrs. I will be slotting them with the mini wheel next. Forgot to grease/anti-seize when new.

Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread-20190502_234614.jpg

-F

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    After going tubeless with Vee Speedsters 26x3.5 she's weighing in at ~28.6lbs / 13kg with pedals and bottle cages. I've also swapped in carbon bars and seat post. This is on the 17 inch night train express. I'm planning on a new wheelset and a lighter cassette, should lose another pound or so.. would be awesome to get into the 26 pound range but that might be pushing it without some carbon rims

I used clear Gorilla tape to go tubeless.. I don't think it was the best choice but it worked. I had a lot of leaks near the rim strip at first, but the sealant finally closed it all up after an hour or two. If you are going to go tubeless, make sure your rim strip is perfectly centered, even maybe trim it a bit so the adhesive has the most change to adhere to the rim to make an air tight seal

Professional Crastinator

Yin and Yang

I thought something was up with the old Sturgis, and I wanted better wheels, so I found a deal for what was supposed to be a blem. It had no blem, but I still got the deal.
    The white bike is the old one. The black bike is the new one. I have this fondness for the camo vinyl graphics, so the black bike, despite very nice matte black paint got the treatment in "Harvest Moon" camo.
    I still don't like 1x12, so that, and the heavy tires went to the old Sturgis, which, upon further review, wheelbase measuring, and head angle measuring, was found to have no issues whatsoever. So I have 2 pretty nice fatbikes right now. Soon to be 1.

Old (~34#)
    Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread-20190511_160756%5B1%5D.jpg
    And I must admit, those Minions look awesome (and they ride pretty nice, too). I really like the Kinesis rigid fork.

New (~31.5#)
    Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread-20190516_193552%5B1%5D.jpg
    With 4.0 "Summer" tires. The Carver rigid carbon fork is my add. There's a Bluto in the closet, too.

-F

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445