mongoose Vinson - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: mongoose Vinson

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    For those interested, my tubeless setup has finally died.

When turning my rear wheel, I could hear a weird growling sound and found the cause was a Stans baby inside of my tire (already). I broke the bead to get it out and that was all she wrote.

The air pressure flattened the 1/4" or so foam tape I had in there to the point that I could see the slot dents of the nipples.

Worse, when I tried to peel it back off, the adhesive will not let go. So the top layer of foam pulls off leaving a rough bottom layer stuck to the adhesive that you have to roll off very slowly. I got frustrated and put one of my old tubes back on and remounted the tire so I could put the bike away.

So I ended up ordering two rim strips and two Q tubes that I'll pick up tomorrow. It'll be a nightmare trying to get the adhesive off of the rim strip, and don't trust it with all the manipulating (have heard that cutouts will crease the strip and cause weak points that can break through). I'm also not keen on the idea of leaving all of the rough foam/adhesive in there and just throwing in a tube.

So I'll replace the strip and have to clean up the beads tomorrow. My front is still tubeless, but I'll save myself a mess on the trail and just redo it now.

Life is such a *****.

mtbr member
    I noticed since I bought the bike 2 months ago that the fork on my vinson was a little off but ever so slightly and not as much as some others have stated.everything lines up and there have been no problems .since its slight and rides normal ,brakes are normal and the wheel goes on and off easily Im not going to worry about it for what I paid for it.just hope it wont be a problem down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by dledinger View Post
    Thank you Fugsworth. I did not even think to look there.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more than this thread has indicated.

I took a quick glance at mine and it looked fine. It went together fine. When tightening the stem nothing wanted to line up quite right. Another quick look and I could plainly see that the fork was twisted exactly as previous posts indicated.

I am fairly certain this is not shipping damage. Mine is virtually identical to the others. It must have left the factory this way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I will add that I'm in the same boat as BIGFAT29. Mine seems very slightly twisted when I look at it, but everything still lines up and works fine, so I'm not concerned with that at all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    I noticed since I bought the bike 2 months ago that the fork on my vinson was a little off but ever so slightly and not as much as some others have stated.everything lines up and there have been no problems .since its slight and rides normal ,brakes are normal and the wheel goes on and off easily Im not going to worry about it for what I paid for it.just hope it wont be a problem down the road.
    For what it's worth, my wife contacted Pacific today and she said there was no wait at all. She said the woman was super helpful, and asked right off if we had a bent fork. She asked for some numbers off the bike and said we'd get a fork in the mail as soon as they could get one off the ship.

I'd call if I were you. At the very least it helps Pacific track this problem and narrow it down to the affected serial number range.

I'm going to ride it, not worry, and be glad when the new fork comes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkers View Post
    The air pressure flattened the 1/4" or so foam tape I had in there to the point that I could see the slot dents of the nipples.
    I figured this out with my HL80s...the foam is done once you get it all together. The idea that it forms a "bead lock" is crazy. It flattens out to nothing in short order.

I'll probably still give it a go on this bike. Think I'll run the stock rear tire and a SS up front. Should work ok for singletrack and beach rides.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Well beautiful day in Green Bay WI finally got to take a little ride to test out the fatty. Only got a 12 mile trip in but minus a little rear brake adjustment the bike road very well. Seems to wanna skip a little bit when under a lot of pressure so might have to get a little adjustment done at shop or give it a shot at tuning it myself. Pretty new to the biking world so never messed with any adjustment screw before without making it worse. But overall very pleased with this bike if on the fence of picking one up I would say it's well worth the price shifted flawlessly and rode great. Feels better than my specialized hard rock disc and components seam better also. And hard rock was more expensive. Only thing that seams cheap on the bike like most of you have said is just all minor parts that most normally would replace anyway. So I would like to thank you all for all the feed back on this forum. Was so up in the air on this bike and now not a doubt in my mind this bike is worth every dollar and then some. May say mongoose on it and may be frowned upon by certain people but mongoose was the bees knees when I was growing up and I think they are on the right track again. Bike turns a lot of heads that's for sure. So if on edge of deciding on this bike. Pick one up and hit the trails and don't be afraid to ride a little slower behind that sexy little brunette running on the trails because the view is to die for. Lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Hanger Found! Tubeless Ready?

Just joined to share some info, since I gathered some from here. I remember someone looking for a derailleur hanger for the Vinson. Found one at Wheels Manufacturing Derailleur Hanger 27 Not that I need it right now. Good to know it is available.

Also, I tried the foam bit to aid in going tubeless. Yes it squished down to nothing. On the second attempt I built up the shoulder for the bead by wrapping a half inch width of Gorilla Tape around the inside edges of the rim. Need the wider shoulder to keep the bead in place. If the tire looses pressure while hanging around in the garage, it is difficult to air up if the bead doesn't stay seated. Working for now. Think I am getting a slow leak where the rim is pinned or welded together. Don't think it is welded like the nicer rim in the following video. I wrapped first with reversed orange duct tape, then two rounds of 3" Gorilla Tape. Last it was the many rounds of Gorilla tape ripped down to a half inch width. Took pretty much a whole 2" roll to build up 4 shoulders on the 2 rims. This video is titled, "Fat Bike Tubeless Set Up The Right Way" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnpLaIziCY It's basically how I did mine. Bought threaded Schrader Valves on EBay from a seller called Gredescorp. Not sure if I am sold on tubeless yet at least with the mongoose rims.

Was riding my 2001 Stumpjumper hardtail with Nokian Extremes all winter before the Vinson came in January. I have a set of Snowshoes XL with studs. The Nokians are better on ice with the studs being closer together. The snowshoes a major improvement on the missions in the snow, but are grippy and slow on the way to the trail. Enjoying the ride.

So there's my 2 cents. Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Anyone found the chain line on this bike? I think I'm too stupid cause I'm getting some really rediculous numbers.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Ordered one for my wife yesterday on sale. 30% off... was $405 plus $55 to ship, but I had to pay tax in CA. Still excellent deal. Back up to $579 today. Now She'll have better fatbike than me. I originally bought Dolo for myself to mess around on. I fortunately was able to upgrade the crappy parts on the Dolo with stuff I already had.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Played around with the bike a bit tonight. Changed it over to a 1X setup with a 96 BCD ring and pulled all the reflectors. More budget parts coming in the mail this week.

So far:
    35.5lb Stock weight

Minus:
    366 grams / FD, shifter, cables
    68 grams / wheel reflectors
    45 grams / front and rear reflectors
    210 gram / chain rings

Added:
    50 grams / NW chainring

Total loss: 1.41 lbs.

I'll be able to take a few links out of the chain but need to confirm a few other things first. I didn't have a 8 speed quicklink, but a 9 speed one fit just fine. Now I can take it off when I need to. Also, the 8 Speed chain fits well on a narrow wide ring. Tighter than I expected.

My bottom bracket was installed by a freaking 500lb gorilla. I didn't think I'd ever get it out. Had to get very creative.

Otherwise, this a fun budget project

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Got mine single sped tonight. Stripped off all the rings and replaced with a Wolf Tooth narrow wide, removed the stock levers and put on Avid FR5's (even though honestly I didn't hate the stock ones).

Current gearing is 30/22. I gotta go low to get my fat ass up the hills around here and I know I'll still be walking a few probably.

But the single speed thing will be cool if it works out. This bike is already a blast, making it SS will almost be reminiscent of my childhood when I would just get on a bike and ride.

First go around I had some popping and skipping and found my chain had slackened substantially. I tightened it back up even a bit tighter than it was before and it was both quieter and didn't pop any more under load.

We'll see how long it lasts and how well it works.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Only a couple rides, but the stock ones actually do work acceptably. They just look hideous. I have FR-5s on a few different bikes around here....I need to order another pair.

How are you tightening the chain as a SS?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I used some Avid Speed Dial 7 levers with the stock calipers. They worked well until I warped the front rotor during the Birkie. I put a mismatched set of XX brakes on it now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    That looks like a great setup. I like how it used the hanger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yeah, and fixed tensioners supposedly work a bit better than the spring loaded ones.

I'm excited to give it a try.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Bent my qr yesterday when it got full of mud. 35 mm is the correct size then?
    Worked for me, but my replacement is not a QR, but uses an allen bolt.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Thought I'd let you all know the seatpost size appears to have changed. I got in my shim that I ordered at the same time as the bike, and sure enough the bike has a 31.6 seatpost.

The earlier ones were 30.6, right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    The price also changed to 699 at the sports authority

Regretting my decision when the 25 percent coupon was out last week at a base price of 579

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Saw a Vinson at the Lancaster PA store, to bad already have 2 Dolos and wwould need to unload at least 1 before I can get 1.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I'd be selling one of those Dolos. I love this bike.

mtbr member

Thought I'd let you all know the seatpost size appears to have changed. I got in my shim that I ordered at the same time as the bike, and sure enough the bike has a 31.6 seatpost.

The earlier ones were 30.6, right?
    yes they were 30.6 wich limited upgrade replacements. Thomson seatposts are one of very few in 30.6 that's why I bought a Thomson. you did read the 31.6 off the post right ? its odd they would change it but if they did its for the better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Bigfat,

Yeah, it's stamped right on the back of the post and I measured it too. I thought it was an odd thing to change, as I believe it would require a whole new seat tube.

I wonder if there are any other differences in the latest models.

mtbr member
    Mongoose Vinson All-Terrain Fat Bike - SportsAuthority.com

25% off and still free ship.... only a few hours left

mtbr member
    May 2012
    where do you find the 25% off info. I would assume it is no longer in effect since price is showing as 699.

mtbr member
    It was on a FLASH sale. For 6 hours you get one item 25% off. Sign up for their email campaign and you'll know when they have sales. And you get 10% off for signing up

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

as for me, no luck with 10% off

Quote Originally Posted by ShredMaster View Post
    It was on a FLASH sale. For 6 hours you get one item 25% off. Sign up for their email campaign and you'll know when they have sales. And you get 10% off for signing up
    Thank you for contacting Sports Authority.

We are contacting you in regards to your recent request to have a promotion applied to order number 4010325935. We apologize for the disappointment you have been caused when the Sign Up and Save discount was not applied. Many manufacturers and brands will not allow their products to be discounted. Due to this, their brands will be excluded from our promotional offers. We must abide by the agreements that we have with these brands and manufacturers and not discount their products as requested. We are always offering new and different promotional offers that can be redeemed on an online purchase. However, discounts cannot be combined to place an order. Due to the 20% being applied to the order, an additional discount cannot be applied.
    To view a list of all excluded brands you may copy and paste the link into the URL of your browser:

In-Store Exclusions - SportsAuthority.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I ordered it(when it was 579), and paid with 20% off:
    Cost Summary
    Item Sub-Total: $463.99
    Shipping: $0.00
    Sales Tax: $32.48
    Total: $496.47

Will get it next week from California, can't wait ))).
    Hopefully my fork will not be bent!

Originally o ordered dolomite for 212...+ ordered crank set, megarange freewheel, new shifters, YST BB bearings, problem solvers FD adapter, FD etc. Then I realized, that there is no chance that i'll be able to do it by myself(no time and place to fix it) (((. Now, i'm trying to send all that back. And waiting for Vinson

mtbr member
    I had to call twice and they honored the 10% promo. I think a few others here had luck with it as well. But our bikes were purchased in January I believe. I always call to speak to a person as you have a beer chance pleading your case. Either way bike is a steal at the standard promotional deals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    new question: what size quick release seat post clamp do I need for the mongoose vinson? I purchased this bike in January. my measurement shows about 39 or 40 mm diameter (outside measure of seat tube). thank you. great bike, and yes changed out several minor things, ergon grips,avid speed dial levers, terry saddle. biggest improvement was on one floaters. thanks for this forum!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    35 mm fit mine just fine.

Might pick up a set of floaters too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I had to call twice and they honored the 10% promo. I think a few others here had luck with it as well. But our bikes were purchased in January I believe. I always call to speak to a person as you have a beer chance pleading your case. Either way bike is a steal at the standard promotional deals.
    Nope, no luck again. I called them, and they said they not gonna double the 20% off and 10% for sing up (((. It's ok i'll get 5 bucks and 464 point in league account.It's still not that bad at all for 496 with taxes and free delivery!

mtbr member

vinson price

Quote Originally Posted by r0ma4 View Post
    Nope, no luck again. I called them, and they said they not gonna double the 20% off and 10% for sing up (((. It's ok i'll get 5 bucks and 464 point in league account.It's still not that bad at all for 496 with taxes and free delivery!
    if you got it for 496.00 be proud that's pretty good. I got my vinson for 490.00 total . any bike like the vinson for under 500.00 is a awesome deal !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    if you got it for 496.00 be proud that's pretty good. I got my vinson for 490.00 total . any bike like the vinson for under 500.00 is a awesome deal !
    Agreed. Even at the previous retail of 579.99 I would still buy another.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I was able to get the 10% off retail on mine, leaving the total at $522 and was a bit disappointed seeing some of the great deals that SA sent to me AFTER I already bought the bike.

However, I agree with ShredMaster, that even at full on retail, this bike is worth it.

I've had to do a few things with it, but I am so damn happy with the bike overall, I can't believe it sometimes. I ride with a guy who has a Framed Alaskan that is without a doubt nicer bike than the Vinson. But I was telling him today that the best part about this bike, is that for what I paid, I'm not afraid to try different things on it.

I've been riding the bike as fast and hard as I can to see what is going to give on it. I told myself that if I break something, that's what will be my motivation to spend a bit more money on a higher end bike. However, the more I ride this bike and the more I make it mine, I've begun to think if something were to ever happen, I'd just replace it with another...

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I was able to get the 10% off retail on mine, leaving the total at $522 and was a bit disappointed seeing some of the great deals that SA sent to me AFTER I already bought the bike.

However, I agree with ShredMaster, that even at full on retail, this bike is worth it.

I've had to do a few things with it, but I am so damn happy with the bike overall, I can't believe it sometimes. I ride with a guy who has a Framed Alaskan that is without a doubt nicer bike than the Vinson. But I was telling him today that the best part about this bike, is that for what I paid, I'm not afraid to try different things on it.

I've been riding the bike as fast and hard as I can to see what is going to give on it. I told myself that if I break something, that's what will be my motivation to spend a bit more money on a higher end bike. However, the more I ride this bike and the more I make it mine, I've begun to think if something were to ever happen, I'd just replace it with another...
    shinkers, thanks for reply on 35mm seat post clamp, ordered a chromag on sale from jenson.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbikenewbie View Post
    shinkers, thanks for reply on 35mm seat post clamp, ordered a chromag on sale from jenson.
    Is it worth it, to replace stock QR with this one? I might order it to

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I bent the lever on my stock qr pretty quickly.

Replaced it with a salsa flip lock that is quite a bit better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thanks! I think i'll order Chromag Seat QR Clamp Orange 35mm for 15$.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Could some one help me with STEM. I'm only 5'57" so i think i need smth between 40-50 mm. Any advices on brand and model and clamp size?
    Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Could some one help me with STEM. I'm only 5'57" so i think i need smth between 40-50 mm. Any advices on brand and model and clamp size?
    Thanks in advance.
    I was using a 45mm stem. There are tons of options out there
    I went with something black, cheap, and functional. I was upgrading the entire cockpit to fit my needs at the same time. I needed a non offset post as well to bring in the cockpit. 750mm bars with a 30mm rise also brought it in nicely once angled properly. I bought ControlTech components off Amazon due to price and super fast shipping.

I just sold my Vinson but took the upgrades off prior. I have the bars, stem, seatpost, and cane creek shim for the post if you have any interest. I can send you pics if you like.

Otherwise treat yourself to the plethora of options out there. So many good affordable options out there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbikenewbie View Post
    You might want to double check this.

There are two different size seat tubes used, depending on when your bike was made.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thanks for answer. You will be using this for the next bike? If you don't need it, in this case i can make our life easier, and i can buy it from you?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    More parts swapped today:

Dropped:
    Stock grips...66 grams
    4 chain links...10
    Dork disk...19
    Brake levers...186
    Bars...343
    Stem...239
    Spacers...29
    Saddle...325
    Seatpost...352
    Tubes...746
    Stock front tire (didn't weigh)

Added:
    Silicone grips...96
    Avid Levers...152
    Carbon / alloy 60mm stem...132
    Carbon spacers...16
    Carbon bars, 680mm...132
    Carbon saddle...97
    Carbon seatpost (27.2)...225
    Cane Creek seatpost shim...48
    24X2.7 tubes...496 (both)
    Snowshoe 4.5 on front...(didn't weigh today, it's in my notes somewhere and approx 1200 grams)

Also modified the cassette to 11-34 by using parts from a 8 speed "megarange" cassette that I picked up for $12.

Now I'm running 11, 13, 15, 18, 21, 24, 28, 34. The 11-15, 34 and lock ring are new, and the 18-28 and spacers are stock. I'll have to pull it back apart to check the weight as I wanted to check the shifting before I got too carried away. Shifts great though.

Other ideas:
    - Stripping paint. I thought this would look real cool, but the white powdercoat goes nicely with the Chinese carbon parts. I'll have to think about that.
    - Lighter rim strips? I could probably save a little there and make them whatever color I choose at the same time.
    - Modify a hollowtech crank and BB....should be a fun project.
    - Rotors. Definitely weight to save there. Not sure if I care enough to spend the money now.

Anyway, my fishing scale shows somewhere around 31 pounds. That's about the end of the easy picking.

This sure is a fun bike to tinker with....without spending much money. My single front ring and Snowshoe front tire are from the parts bin. I spent $95 on the carbon, $39 on the cassette, tubes and grips, and another $16 on the brake levers.

mtbr member
    Other ideas:
    - Lighter rim strips? I could probably save a little there and make them whatever color I
    The stock rim strip is a bit heavy... at least compared to a single 2" layer of duck tape. I'd say the rim strip was twice if not 3x as heavy. I found an orange that was a dead match to the paint. That's pretty much the only reason I swapped it out. The weight loss was a plus.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    You might want to double check this.

There are two different size seat tubes used, depending on when your bike was made.
    Dear folks, that I why I mentioned I purchased in Jan. anyway, based on shinkers 35MM suggestion, and seeing the number 35 stamped on my stock qr seatclamp, I ordered qr Chromag 35mm on sale from Jenson, I will update upon receipt and install. main reason for swap, is I still adjust seat height sometimes, and original seems brittle. thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I keep trying to kill my Vinson, and today I got close.

Found a very steep double track descent from a valleys rim to it's bottom in about a quarter of a mile. The day had been going great and I was ready for more so I hit it going balls to the wall (my first mistake).

About halfway down, a rock that I'm pretty sure teleported to the middle of the trail, came out of no where and ran into my front wheel. I pinch flatted instantaneously and some how found myself riding on the top tube using my feet for brakes (no idea how it happened). I had to have been doing 25 or 30 at the time, and my life flashed in front of my eyes when I hit.

Upon inspection I found a nice little snakebite puncture and a ding in my rim. I threw a tube in and kept on with the day, and when I got home I straightened out the ding with some pliers.

Went back to tubeless though. Even if I have to buy new foam every time, I really don't want to pinch flat again. Ever.

My tensioner also bit the dust right before I got to my truck. Seems the roller didn't hold up all that well and part of it fell off (?). Hopefully Gusset will help me figure something out.

I have tried flipping my Big Fat Larry's around too. They feel like slicks when you hit any type of loose over hard.

mtbr member
    Quick question for you guys. First page lists the rotors on this bike as 180mm front and 160mm rear. I just saw some guys video overview on YouTube and he said 160 front and rear. He also called the stem a seatpost so he may not be the most credible source. Looking for a confirmation of the rotor sizes. Thanks.
    2014 Diamondback Sortie 29 2.0
    2015 Diamondback DB8 27.5 DH

mtbr member
    180 front 160 rear

mtbr member
    That's great news. I have some deore brakes and rotors in that size that came stock on my other bike that I can throw right on then.

I wish the timing was a little better. I am a store manager with Sports Authority and we finally just got these in. I'm thinking I'll grab one with my discount and make it into a fun summer project. I think I'll even repaint the frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Trails around here are finally starting to dry up a bit looking forward to finally hitting some single track with it on Wednesday. Been mostly gravel trails and a few small loops but been very wet and muddy. Bike still impresses me for the price and the type of use I bought it for. Stock tires are annoying. Gonna try to put some baby powder in between tire and tube. Seems to be were the squawking sound is coming from. Tire rubbing on tube unless it tire and rim making noise. Anyone else come up with solution seeing don't want to stick money in to tires at this point yet. Waiting till the missions wear out

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Finally brought mine to fresh air

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I like the bike! Can't even compare with Dolomite. The only things I don't like: brakes, can't adjust it well. And strange squeak sound from tire. And frame a little bit bigger than I need

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    So happy that a went with vinson, not dolomite. The seatpost 31.6.

mtbr member
    The brakes are very adjustable... What are you trying to adjust?
    The levers are junk, I'd swap them out. Huge difference in brake feel after.
    Nice shot of NYC and the freedom towers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Chromag seat post on sale from Jenson a great deal, easier and more sturdy than original (35mm stamped on seat clamp), I also swapped brake levers for avid speed dials , but best improvement IMHO was getting on one floater tires! Any suggestions on nylon composite pedals? Oh yeah, I love this bike!

mtbr member
    These worked great for me and were also super easy to service.

https://www.danscomp.com/products/46...SP_Pedals.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I commandeered my dad's Vinson for a nice spring snow storm ride. The Bud/Dozer combo did well and kept me on the trail. This is a great bike and even though my bike cost more I would take one of these any day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mongoose Vinson-snow-mongoose-vinson-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I still can't believe it, but I love the brakes on this bike. Especially with some Avid levers. Mine are now noise free (after some break in) but seem very reliable, easy to modulate, pretty easy to adjust, and will lock both tires up if I need them too. Even the stock levers weren't the worst thing I've ever felt.

I'm running Odyssey Twisted PC's on my bike because I've always liked them. They seem pretty grippy and are also pretty wide (I have big feet). With 510's I have every bit as much grip as I had with SPD's (except for pulling straight up of course).

It's too bad that Mongoose only made this bike in one size. I think it'd be THE bike in the price range if multiple sizes were available. Even beating out Bikesdirect. Sadly though, it's not. I'm just glad that I fit an 18 just about perfectly.

I'm sure the Argus will be great if it ever get's out, and that'll be available in multiple sizes. But personally I'd rather just see the Vinson in at least an S M and L rather than a whole new more expensive bike that's probably great, but doesn't look as schnazzy to me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I want this one really bad ))) SP12-NCX Suspension Seatpost, and i think i'm gonna buy it, especially if i will be able to get it fro Europe for 80 $

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Got anodized seatpost clamp off ebay for $8 incl. shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mongoose Vinson-2015-04-17-16.10.44.jpg  

mongoose Vinson-2015-04-17-16.07.02.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I did repaint it though to be more me....

mtbr member
    that paint job is sweet !

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Any good suggestions for crank set broke off pedal today on trails. Thank god for electrical tape was able to tape it in place to make it back out. But need to replace so figuring mine as well upgrade a bit. Don't want to break the bank on parts more than the bike but any suggestions would be appreciated. 2x would prolly be the way to go. Don't really need that 3rd gear.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thank you I will check that out. Pretty much newbie when it comes to bikes. But lovin this fattie. To bad the stump was stronger than the bike. Lol hopefully can get back on the trails in a couple days

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    That's even cheaper than I thought. If there's any other suggestions I'm up to them. I am a large rider 300lbs. So I understand the added stress to pedals and crank. Guess looking to say under $150 if there is anything that may hold up to my weight. But worse case at $30 For that shimano crank set I can replace crank numerous times if any other logs want to get in my path. Just was unsure with the fat bikes if certain cranks won't clear the fame. I lack the knowledge of knowing what will fit.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The brakes are very adjustable... What are you trying to adjust?
    The levers are junk, I'd swap them out. Huge difference in brake feel after.
    Nice shot of NYC and the freedom towers.
    yep, ordered
    1 x Avid Speed Dial 7 Levers
    Gray, Pair
    1 x Azonic World Force Riser Handlebar 2014
    White, 2" Rise, 762Mm (30") Wide, 31.8Mm
    1 x Chromag Seat Qr Clamp
    Orange 35Mm

It looks like the top of my rotor(3-5 teeth) touching the front wheel caliper. So i need spacer or extra washers to put caliper further.
    So, now I'm crazy about to replace my brakes with bb7.
    Maybe i will replace only front brake. Or it will be better to go with full upgrade(200 front 55$ and 180 rear 47$BB7)? 125$ with delivery ...dmn costly
    Is it worth to go with front 200mm/rear 180mm bb7? Or just stay with 180/160?

Sorry, for so many questions )))

mtbr member
    the stock fork flexes a lot with the 180... the 200 might be too much imo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    the stock fork flexes a lot with the 180... the 200 might be too much imo.
    i'll keep it in mind! Thanks. Your help is priceless!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks for help everyone. Ended up ordering shimano crankset. Sram was not in stock of few days. Also picked up some better pedals along with a crank tool and pedal tool. Mine as well starts getting a few So can start learning the ins and out of working on mtb.not mechanically inclined just never worked on bikes before but seems pretty straight forward. Also really wanting to upgrade tires just so expensive. Any thoughts on like a husker du 27tpi or a h-Billie. Or will I regret going cheap on a 27tpi and better off holding out for a 120tpi. Again thanks for all the help so far. Would be clueless at this point without this forum. And awesome work on that paint job Llouie. Looks pretty sick

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Sorry for so many questions but have one more. If I decide to change to like 2x10 in future and stick a little more $ in bike. I just need a 100mm bb if going to spline style. Or would there be other measurements I also have to worry about. Sorry for dumb question just unfamiliar with what I all need to take account for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattyhybrid View Post
    Also really wanting to upgrade tires just so expensive. Any thoughts on like a husker du 27tpi or a h-Billie. Or will I regret going cheap on a 27tpi and better off holding out for a 120tpi.
    I have a set of 4.5" Vee SnowShoe's, 120tpi, Silica compound (grippy), Tubeless ready for sale if interested. I just took them off my new bike, they have about 15 miles on them. They are about 300 grams lighter per tire compared to the stock Mission Commands. I can send pics if interested.

mtbr member
    Sorry for so many questions but have one more. If I decide to change to like 2x10 in future and stick a little more $ in bike. I just need a 100mm bb if going to spline style. Or would there be other measurements I also have to worry about. Sorry for dumb question just unfamiliar with what I all need to take account for.
    I think you'd have all the range you need just ditching the big ring and running 2x8.

I think a better investment would be a steel or carbon fork. I never noticed it much riding tails in the snow or on beach rides but once I had it on dry trail and paved roads I was shocked at the fork flex... and I'm a featherweight at 145 lbs. I was just about to order a carbon fork but ended up selling the Vinson to a friend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks for offer on tires. budgets a little cramped at moment have to see what the next few weeks brings and see if I break anything else. I don't notice traction issues with my stock tires just the awful squeaking noise is very annoying. Tried baby powder and seemed to help a bit but after while noise returned.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Got my handle bar, short stem, levers, fenders ))

admin plz delete post. looks horrible

i'm sorry. idk what is wrong with pictures, on my phone it was fine. can't even find how to delete pictures or post (((
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mongoose Vinson-uploadfromtaptalk1429671171038.jpg  

mongoose Vinson-uploadfromtaptalk1429671196163.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Got my gusset pedals and avid levers today still. What a difference in feel with those levers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Still waiting on crankset to ship. Weathers looking good for Sunday. Hoping to put on some miles on some single track. Hopefully pedals stay on this time

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Happy Sunday to all!
    Bought the mongoose at the beginning of the month after deciding that there were too many missed commuting days this year due to road conditions that my cross bike just couldn't overcome safely (ice ruts on the streets). As it has warmed up and dried out I hung it up to accumulate parts (fenders, racks, lights...) for the coming winter. A poorly timed wash board mangled the drive train last Monday causing a need for the mongoose. What a hoot for the commute! It's almost twice a heavy and cost less than half of the other bike but I only lost 4 minutes and 2 mph over my regular times. After a two days of the regular rout I switched to the "no traffic" paths and found it to be very pleasant on the drainage ways and gravel paths. True to its name sake it also took a snake (I tried to miss it but thought it was a stick until too late). This bike is such a blast and so bump adsorbing that I'm re-thinking the approach to commuting.

Light freak

Been riding the sh*t of this bike

Been putting alot of trail miles on my Vinson. Had to readjust and retighten the cones on both axles after they had loosened up. Also had to retighten headset after awhile. The bike has been a solid performer

Still trying to figure out the right tire pressures for the different trail conditions. Here is a video of my last ride. Was a little concerned that I was a little low on pressure on the way up the trail when I started out. Told myself just to go easy on the way back down, yeah right. Video ends as I pinch flatted.

Light freak

From the same ride

mongoose Vinson-img_2355.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Vinson is on sale again for 25% off at Sports Authority. Sale ends today though.

mtbr member
    They also raised the price to $699.99

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thinking of going O.D green on fatty. Still waiting on crankset. No fun not being able to ride. Hope it gets here soon. So might have to give it a face lift to keep me occupied.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by INEVTBL View Post
    They also raised the price to $699.99
    You can get DSG to match the 25% coupon. I think the Vinson is $579 at DSG before the discount match.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhawk View Post
    You can get DSG to match the 25% coupon. I think the Vinson is $579 at DSG before the discount match.

Have you verified this? I have a hard time believing DSG will match that with their lower retail price. That would put it at 435.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fugsworth View Post

Have you verified this? I have a hard time believing DSG will match that with their lower retail price. That would put it at 435.
    The offer ended anyhow. Wait for DSG to have their 20% or 25% sale. It happens once a month.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    anyone have the weight for the stock pedals? TIA

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Got crankset installed smoothly. Now to figure out the front dérailleur adjustment. Not having to much luck with adjusting it even after some YouTube videos. Any pointers on front dérailleur adjustment. May just have to bring to shop as I seem to be making it worse.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I could have a look at it and show you how.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks slowride I think I got it pretty good hit the trails today with no issues other that and overweight rider. Was just a little confused but after a bit of tinkering got the hang of it

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Also did notice that fork flex you were talking about shred master. Can't belive the flex in that fork almost scary at times being a fatty on a fatty. Might have to try looking for a replacement fork and start putting away so cash. I'm sure a carbon one comes in at a a pretty nice price tag. Anyone have any links for a carbon or steel fork

mtbr member
    measure the axle to crown... that'll help narrow options

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Also did notice that fork flex you were talking about shred master. Can't belive the flex in that fork almost scary at times being a fatty on a fatty. Might have to try looking for a replacement fork and start putting away so cash. I'm sure a carbon one comes in at a a pretty nice price tag. Anyone have any links for a carbon or steel fork
    The only carbon fork I can find is a Carver O'beast. There's steel options out there, but I'm looking for lighter, not heavier.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Look at the on-one fatty fork. It is white and orange to boot.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Sports Authority is currently running a 10% off on eGift cards if you enter promo code GIFTCARD . Another way to save some money on a Vinson, buy yourself a giftcard now and then wait for the 20%-25% off single item later

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    This is how mine is looking these days. 69+ Frankenbike. I took it on a fun group ride tonight.

Krampus fork, P35 wheel, Bonty Chupacabra tire.

Also pictured, XX brakes, Origin 8 headset, RF Atlas 785mm riser bars, TLD ODI grips, UNO carbon seatpost, Spec Henge Ti saddle, X4,5,7,9 3x10 drivetrain

mtbr member
    If anyone is looking to get rid of any Vinson parts that will fit a dolo like tires rims or crankset ect at a fair price. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixsdoks View Post
    If anyone is looking to get rid of any Vinson parts that will fit a dolo like tires rims or crankset ect at a fair price. Let me know.
    I have the stock tires with ZERO miles on them. Took them off immediately....
    72tpi Folding Bead Mission Command 4.0" Tubeless Ready

I also have a set of 120tpi Snow Shoes Folding Bead 4.5" Tubeless Ready Silica Compound with less than 10 (snow) miles on them. Still look new.

$50 + Shipping for Missions

$75 + Shipping for Snow Shoes

I have pics if you have any interest.

mtbr member

I also have a set of 120tpi Snow Shoes Folding Bead 4.5" Tubeless Ready Silica Compound with less than 10 (snow) miles on them. Still look new.

I'm interested in the missions

mtbr member
    I'm interested in the missions
    Missions below, PM me for details...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mongoose Vinson-photo-1.jpg  

mongoose Vinson-photo-2.jpg  

mongoose Vinson-photo-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2015

Aloha Shred!

I'm a LB local (East End) myself, I live on West Broadway.

When I saw your posts in this thread -- I was seriously pumped.

I've been on the hunt for something I can whip on the beach, but also something I can ride down to the West End with, and maybe once or twice a week to Waldbaum's, Bungalow, that sort of thing. I'm just not a cruiser type of guy.

Occasionally, I'd also like to have a little fun on the single tracks if I'm feeling inspired...finding the time is my only obstacle on that one.

Would I be on a serious struggle bus riding the Vinson off the sand?

I also read you mentioned you sold yours and picked up another.

Just curious if you ran into any issues.

Thanks in advance, man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B_G_ View Post
    I'm a LB local (East End) myself, I live on West Broadway.
    East End for Life. I lived on Shore Rd between Lincoln and Franklin for 10 years before Superstorm Sandy came and obliterated the house. I'm in the canals now behind East End Pizza.

I've been on the hunt for something I can whip on the beach, but also something I can ride down to the West End with, and maybe once or twice a week to Waldbaum's, Bungalow, that sort of thing. I'm just not a cruiser type of guy.
    The Vinson, or any fatbike will meet those needs. The Vinson just happens to be the best bang for the buck currently IMO. Especially if you grab it on sale or promo. Its 100mm wide rims are well suited for cruising the beach. I swapped out the stock tires for 5" tires since I got the bike for so cheap and it was a huge upgrade for riding the snow and sand this winter.

Occasionally, I'd also like to have a little fun on the single tracks if I'm feeling inspired...finding the time is my only obstacle on that one.
    The dude I sold my Vinson to has been riding Cunningham and Stillwell and is super happy with it. He says the bike feels at home on the dirt as well as the sand and snow.

Would I be on a serious struggle bus riding the Vinson off the sand?

I also read you mentioned you sold yours and picked up another.

Just curious if you ran into any issues.
    The bike rides pavement fast like any other bike if you set your psi correctly.

I sold the Vinson because I broke my wrist riding it mid winter and was off the bike for 8 weeks. During that time I figured I'd sell it and look for something more fitting for my needs. The frame size was not ideal for me (too big), and I had a few friends that were interested in it and were begging me to sell it. I bought the Vinson to get into fat biking this winter and saw the advantages and fun factor immediately. Knowing I wanted to ride fat on the trails this summer I started looking for a new bike on the used market with some upgrades I knew I wanted after riding the Vinson. I wanted something with thru axles and a tapered fork to stiffen up the front end. I also wanted a smaller frame with more standover, and also legit tubeless wheels.

I never had any issues with the Vinson and the guy who owns it now has had no issues.

The Vinson is shred ready if that's what you want to do also.....

mongoose Vinson-output_i5kwvc.jpg

Good luck on your quest. You'll be very pleased with the Vinson for your needs if you go that route.

Here's the new bike all dialed in.....

mongoose Vinson-beach.jpg

mongoose Vinson-photo-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks for all the insight, Shred.

The price has shot up a little, but if I end up spending just under 600 I'll still be more than okay with the decision. I'm itching to ride, so it's getting harder and harder to wait for a promo code haha.

I'm nowhere near the level I would like to be with a wrench. I used to group-ride with some old buddies that would hook me up with any maintenance & adjustments that my p.o.s 29er needed for the day. I'm only finding out through this thread the importance of psi at all times. I'm grateful that these forums exist, because I've got some learning to do in order to give a real bike the TLC it undoubtedly needs. I need to pick up some cycling specific tools, etc.

What's your experience been like with our local bike shops?

If I pulled the trigger on SAuthority or DSportsGoods, would you trust one of their techs to put this bad boy together if you were in my shoes?

Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    If I pulled the trigger on SAuthority or DSportsGoods, would you trust one of their techs to put this bad boy together if you were in my shoes?
    My opinion would be that they're likely all over the map in capabilities. Some are no doubt good, and some no doubt bad.

If you mail order one it is very easy to assemble on your own.

mtbr member
    What's your experience been like with our local bike shops?

Thanks again!
    I don't deal with the shops in town unless I have no choice. I've been going to BikeJunkie in Bethpage for over 20 years. It's the best shop on the island IMO. Great people, great service, great bikes.

The bike is easy to assemble yourself. I'd stay clear of a tech building it. You caould spend the $$ at a real shop to assemble it at the price they charge. If you have any issues ask on here someone will help. If you feel better having a shop check it over I would use Local Cycles if you want to stay local. They are across the street from the Laurel diner.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Hey, thanks again.

Glad to hear you stuck around after SSS, very sorry to hear about your home.

I moved here from Massapequa, but each year my bond with the beach gets a little stronger.

I might be hitting you up for advice in the future if you don't mind haha. Good looks!

mtbr member
    N

shredMaster hooked me up with his Vee mission Comand that were brandy new off his Vinson at a more than reasonable price!!! had them out to me in 2 days and hooked me up with a link to get a great deal on SL tubes. I can't thank you enough dude
    You rock!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Good deal.

mtbr member
    $524.99 shipped
    Flash Sale. Only 6 hours.

mtbr member
    N

shredMaster hooked me up with his Vee mission Comand that were brandy new off his Vinson at a more than reasonable price!!! had them out to me in 2 days and hooked me up with a link to get a great deal on SL tubes. I can't thank you enough dude
    You rock!
    Anytime. Enjoy the new rubber buddy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Just looked (I have been watching for a good price), and the Vinson disappeared from DSG in the last couple days. Hopefully it reappears before the next 20% off coupon!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I just got a Vinson and am in the process of trying to assemble it. This is my first bike assembly. I got an topeak alien 3 tool kit and it's missing something I need to assemble the front tire. A 15 mm wrench. Is there a good one I can get for a bike? All my search results yield pedal wrenches.

Also, I got some Rock and Roll super web grease. Should I put some on all the nuts and bolts I am tightening?

Most importantly, on the front wheel - the side with the brake caliper - there is a rubber thing between the nut and the bike. This makes it so that very little of the nut is accessible. Once I remove both nuts do I throw away the rubber piece? It doesn't seem like it belongs there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
    I just got a Vinson and am in the process of trying to assemble it. This is my first bike assembly. I got an topeak alien 3 tool kit and it's missing something I need to assemble the front tire. A 15 mm wrench. Is there a good one I can get for a bike? All my search results yield pedal wrenches.

Also, I got some Rock and Roll super web grease. Should I put some on all the nuts and bolts I am tightening?

Most importantly, on the front wheel - the side with the brake caliper - there is a rubber thing between the nut and the bike. This makes it so that very little of the nut is accessible. Once I remove both nuts do I throw away the rubber piece? It doesn't seem like it belongs there.
    You should not need a wrench to install the front wheel, it gets mounted and secured by a quick release skewer.

Grease is not necessary IMO.

Those rubber things are to protect any damage from shipping. You can toss them.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    You should not need a wrench to install the front wheel, it gets mounted and secured by a quick release skewer.

Grease is not necessary IMO.

Those rubber things are to protect any damage from shipping. You can toss them.
    Thanks. I got that part sorted out. But now I have a bigger problem

The front wheel will not turn because the brakes appear to be set too tight from the factory. And the chain is rubbing against the rear wheel, which will only turn in reverse. I am clueless. But willing and able to learn.

fyi the tire has an equal amount of space between it and the frame on both sides.

mtbr member
    you can either adjust the pads outward with the hex key adjustment on the caliper... or you can release the brake cable tension from the caliper with an hex key.

not sure of your rear wheel problem. is the wheel sitting in the dropouts evenly? can you take some pics? never had any issue with chain rub.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    you can either adjust the pads outward with the hex key adjustment on the caliper... or you can release the brake cable tension from the caliper with an hex key.

not sure of your rear wheel problem. is the wheel sitting in the dropouts evenly? can you take some pics? never had any issue with chain rub.
    Forget about the rear wheel problem. The only thing holding me back now is the brake pads. Both front and rear are rubbing and I have no idea how to fix it. This is literally my first bike. I'm looking in the instruction manual, but that thing is worthless. I just need to make it so the pads are a little further apart. I've tried unscrewing everything back there and don't want to mess it up. This has sram x4 brakes. Exactly what do I need to tighten or loosen to fix it.

sorry for being such a noob. But I just want to get this thing on the road so i can start commuting to work. cabs are killing me

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
    Forget about the rear wheel problem. The only thing holding me back now is the brake pads. Both front and rear are rubbing and I have no idea how to fix it. This is literally my first bike. I'm looking in the instruction manual, but that thing is worthless. I just need to make it so the pads are a little further apart. I've tried unscrewing everything back there and don't want to mess it up. This has sram x4 brakes. Exactly what do I need to tighten or loosen to fix it.

sorry for being such a noob. But I just want to get this thing on the road so i can start commuting to work. cabs are killing me
    I'd recommend watching a couple youtube videos that show how to adjust mechanical disc brakes since they are all very similar (fyi the drivetrain is sram x4, not the brakes). Once you get the bike working, you should really have a bike shop look it over to make sure you didn't make any potentially dangerous mistakes.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mccarthy View Post
    I'd recommend watching a couple youtube videos that show how to adjust mechanical disc brakes since they are all very similar (fyi the drivetrain is sram x4, not the brakes). Once you get the bike working, you should really have a bike shop look it over to make sure you didn't make any potentially dangerous mistakes.
    I called my bike shop and they said a brake adjustment is only ten bucks. So I took it down there. I rode it there and noticed that the shifter was only finding two gears. The bike doctor said the whole shifter system needs work. And said never buy online again.

Brakes work though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I am fairly new to working on bikes as well YouTube is great place to get general info on working on your bikes. I don't see anything wrong with bikes bought online. As long as your not afraid to do a little work yourself and a bit a research you will do fine. Regardless if purchased on line or at local shop will need work eventually. They just tend to be a little more diligent about having everything set proper before leaving shop. Either way bikes will need maitainance and will take some learning or paying shop to do work for you Cables will stretch and shifting will need adjusting. It took me a few try's working with derailluers but after a few attemp got shifting pretty smooth. Sucks yours came shifting poorly but a few videos and adjustments and should be smooth sailing. Very helpful people here as well. I would just suggest hitting some videos on brakes and bike tune ups. Brakes are very easy just loosen two bolts and squeeze levers then retighten while holding lever. Should get it close if still issue then rim may not be in drop outs properly. My knowledge is not near what everyone one else has but will try to help with what I can

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    $524.99 shipped
    Flash Sale. Only 6 hours.

Pulled off from DSG and Sports Authority. Can this bike be ordered anywhere else?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I am fairly new to working on bikes as well YouTube is great place to get general info on working on your bikes. I don't see anything wrong with bikes bought online. As long as your not afraid to do a little work yourself and a bit a research you will do fine. Regardless if purchased on line or at local shop will need work eventually. They just tend to be a little more diligent about having everything set proper before leaving shop. Either way bikes will need maitainance and will take some learning or paying shop to do work for you Cables will stretch and shifting will need adjusting. It took me a few try's working with derailluers but after a few attemp got shifting pretty smooth. Sucks yours came shifting poorly but a few videos and adjustments and should be smooth sailing. Very helpful people here as well. I would just suggest hitting some videos on brakes and bike tune ups. Brakes are very easy just loosen two bolts and squeeze levers then retighten while holding lever. Should get it close if still issue then rim may not be in drop outs properly. My knowledge is not near what everyone one else has but will try to help with what I can

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll check out some vids on derailluers but if i screw it up too much i won't even be able to ride it to the bike shop, and I don't have a car, so that would suck. I see what the videos suggest.

mtbr member
    Pulled off from DSG and Sports Authority. Can this bike be ordered anywhere else?
    Looks like its out of stock again... Perhaps the Argus will be available soon. There's a dude on here who works for mongoose. Skota I believe. He might know some details.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I see it is also off of Mongoose's site. Bummer...I hope they haven't sold out. As a grad student with a wife also in school, this was basically my option if I was going to get a fat bike this year.

Living in WI, I feel it would be absurd for me to purchase a fat bike that didn't handle really wide rubber (at least a Bulldozer), especially since part of the point is so that I can commute on a lake instead of roads once it gets snowy (I have studs for when the snow is less than a few inches).

Any other other 190/197 options (that can fit Bud/Lou or at least Bulldozers) out there in this price range?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    As a follow-up to my above post, @skota23 is Mongoose sold out for a while, or is there another shipment of Vinsons arriving? I am getting ready to purchase a fat bike, and the question is which one I will end up with.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I've had problems on problems flat tire in the first 3 days, my rims squeek like rubbing styrafoam together and my tires also squeek.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I bent the derailer hanger on my Vinson a few days ago. I found that a replacement was available online at Wheels Manufacturing:
    Wheels Manufacturing Derailleur Hanger 27
    My LBS had the same product in stock. I know some folks were looking for replacements earlier in the thread. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    we cant keep these things in stock, I dont think they will be back in until July1st.

Argus's are in though
    SR Suntour

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by skota23 View Post
    we cant keep these things in stock, I dont think they will be back in until July1st.

Argus's are in though
    How about any news on replacement forks for those of us who have defective ones?
    I've been waiting almost 2 months.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ^^^^ +1

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fotooutdoors View Post
    I see it is also off of Mongoose's site. Bummer...I hope they haven't sold out. As a grad student with a wife also in school, this was basically my option if I was going to get a fat bike this year.

Living in WI, I feel it would be absurd for me to purchase a fat bike that didn't handle really wide rubber (at least a Bulldozer), especially since part of the point is so that I can commute on a lake instead of roads once it gets snowy (I have studs for when the snow is less than a few inches).

Any other other 190/197 options (that can fit Bud/Lou or at least Bulldozers) out there in this price range?
    You must go to UW Madison (I work there), crossing the lake could be a huge short cut! I know it won't take the biggest tires but I have been very happy with my Gravity Bullseye monster.
    2016 Motobecane Sturgis rigid
    2008 Yamaha WR250r http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by byron555 View Post
    You must go to UW Madison (I work there), crossing the lake could be a huge short cut! I know it won't take the biggest tires but I have been very happy with my Gravity Bullseye monster.
    Yep. I'm a masters student there. It really isn't a shortcut for me so much as getting off the road with cars. Its better for my safety and more so I don't get angry/annoyed at stupid drivers; I had a couple buzz me this winter, then tell me that I should be riding in the (snow-filled/ice-chunked) bike lane. Plus I just like being out on the ice. Its a giant park a few blocks from home.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I got a flat today. I want to go tubeless but in the meantime I will need an innertube. Any advice on which to get for the Vinson? It's the front tire.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fotooutdoors View Post
    Yep. I'm a masters student there. It really isn't a shortcut for me so much as getting off the road with cars. Its better for my safety and more so I don't get angry/annoyed at stupid drivers; I had a couple buzz me this winter, then tell me that I should be riding in the (snow-filled/ice-chunked) bike lane. Plus I just like being out on the ice. Its a giant park a few blocks from home.
    Also from Madison. Riding on the Mendota is awesome - wish I could include it in my commute, but I can't complain since I ride the SW commuter almost the entire way (including a couple fun detours in the wooded sections between the path and the golf courses). Grooming has been getting better every year at Seminole, Quarry Ridge, Camrock, and Blue Mounds as well.

Between the lakes, snowmobile groomed Military Ridge, and trails never closing due to being wet, opportunities to ride offroad are arguably much better in winter than summer.

mtbr member
    I am thinking about picking one of these up this summer. I am a store manager with Sports Authority so I can get it a little cheaper than what you guys have been paying (but not much). This might make next winter in NH a little more fun. Especially if it's anything like this past one.

I plan on making this a project for myself this summer so I can leave my other bikes alone and just ride them. I plan on changing almost everything and even painting the frame. I wanted to see what you existing owners have thought or found to have been great or important upgrades to this bike. Any advice or input is appreciated. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by xjohnx77 View Post
    I am thinking about picking one of these up this summer. I am a store manager with Sports Authority so I can get it a little cheaper than what you guys have been paying (but not much). This might make next winter in NH a little more fun. Especially if it's anything like this past one.

I plan on making this a project for myself this summer so I can leave my other bikes alone and just ride them. I plan on changing almost everything and even painting the frame. I wanted to see what you existing owners have thought or found to have been great or important upgrades to this bike. Any advice or input is appreciated. Thanks!
    I'm sure this has already been covered, but to save you reading the entire thread, I'd say tires and brake levers are the worst parts of the stock bike. 4.5" Kenda Juggernauts are the probably the best choice for <$75, little to no self steer and aggressive tread suitable for snow. Compressionless housing (cheap right now on nashbar) makes a huge difference in the feel of the mech. disc brakes as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mccarthy View Post
    I'm sure this has already been covered, but to save you reading the entire thread, I'd say tires and brake levers are the worst parts of the stock bike. 4.5" Kenda Juggernauts are the probably the best choice for <$75, little to no self steer and aggressive tread suitable for snow. Compressionless housing (cheap right now on nashbar) makes a huge difference in the feel of the mech. disc brakes as well.
    Yup... New levers for sure. Pedals also. 4.5 Juggernauts are a great recommendation for this bike. They look impressive and aggressive on the stock 100mm rims. Ditch the big ring and go 2x8.

If you like, swap the stem, bars, grips, post, and saddle to suit your style.

No need to go any further unless you break something.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    As for me, I changed: brake levers, handle bar( coz of the color and raise, pedals (coz of white color, better grip), shorter stem( I'm not that tall). The most enjoyable thing I've got, suspension seat post. I bought it in Europe twice cheaper than here for 70$.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    And, yes, I wish I could buy new brakes like bb7 and upgrade tires. But it costs some money. Can't afford it now

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Heads up, I just bought a Vinson for $499 (on sale during Memorial Day weekend) at MC Sports in La Crosse, WI. I stopped in because I saw one there last week. After I saw it I came here and read this ENTIRE thread. The bike was no longer on the floor so I asked about it. The salesman said it was sold, but the bike shop guy, (not a store employee, an actual bike shop guy who contracts to build them) was building one in the back as we speak. So when he was finished I asked if I could see it and talk to the bike guy. I asked about the front rotor which was not centered between the pads and flexes a little when I apply the brake. He said it was fine, (I'll need some confirmation on that). I also asked about the bent forks, as this one was bent just a little bit. He also said that is very common on the Vinson, (as we all know). $527.49 after taxes. $528.49 after I contributed a dollar to the "Make A Wish" Foundation.

Call your local MC Sports.

mtbr member
    Yup... New levers for sure. Pedals also. 4.5 Juggernauts are a great recommendation for this bike. They look impressive and aggressive on the stock 100mm rims. Ditch the big ring and go 2x8.

If you like, swap the stem, bars, grips, post, and saddle to suit your style.

No need to go any further unless you break something.
    The juggernaut 4.5 was actually the tire I had been planning. I have a set of deore hydro brakes and 180/160 rotors that came stock on my trail bike so I'm covered there.

I have plans to do everything you guys mentioned actually. Going to do a 2x10 upgrade with x9 in the back and maybe upgrade the shifters to go along with. Looks like the samox 2x crank set that comes on the spesh fatboy is a good fit on the Vinson. Going to hunt one down or see if it can be ordered through a friend who owns a shop. Def going to swap the stem, bars, post, saddle and grips for some weight reduction and aesthetics to go long with the repaint.

I do have concern about the fork. It seems hard to find a good (looking) for that has the 135mm hub spacing, qr axle dropouts and the 1 1/8" straight tube. Any leads on a good but inexpensive option?

I know I don't need to replace all of this but I'm a tinkerer. I like changing stuff even if it's just to look different. I feel I can't get a frameset and wheels for anywhere near the price of this bike so I won't feel too bad replacing a lot of the parts from the get go.

I have read this whole thread but wanted to see what some of you might not have shared. Thanks for your help and keep this thread alive and post pics as well!

mtbr member
    Personally, I think the stock 2x8 set up is reliable and offers plenty of range. The stock brakes are very capable with a decent lever swap, but deore hydros are killer budget brakes, especially if you have on hand already. The stock cranks do the job fine. You'll most likely be replacing the bottom bracket if you want to swap out cranks as they are a square tapered and options are limited. A fork upgrade is a worthy investment. Only two options for the vinson, Sarma or Carver. They both retail for $300.

Here is a link for some cheap Juggernauts in 4.5

Kenda Juggernaut Tire 26 x 4.5" Steel Bead Black - AEBike.com

If you apply this promo (MYCART05) you get another 5% off. Set of tires is like $100 shipped. Can't beat that deal anywhere. That should be your first upgrade, along with the deore hydro install. If you start spending any more cash you might have been better off with the Argus.

mtbr member
    I looked through the thread again but, can someone tell me how wide the stock handlebars are?

mtbr member
    710 or 720

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Who upgraded to a suspension seatpost? Which one did you get?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Waspswatter View Post
    Who upgraded to a suspension seatpost? Which one did you get?
    I got this SR Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seat Post 27.2mm Black and shim. Coz they messed up my order and sent 27.2 instead of 31.6. I would recommend you to buy it from china or somewhere else. I paid 70 $ in europe, over here pricetag is 120$

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    You can check ebay btw.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I got this SR Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seat Post 27.2mm Black and shim. Coz they messed up my order and sent 27.2 instead of 31.6. I would recommend you to buy it from china or somewhere else. I paid 70 $ in europe, over here pricetag is 120$
    Looks nice, but doesn't seem to be readily available here in the States, even from Ebay. :\

mtbr member
    With upgraded tubes and juggernauts what is the approximate weight? My dolo is dead because of the rear hub and I may look for a Vinny to swap my upgraded parts to and then just sell the rest

mtbr member
    Just a heads up guys. These have started to arrive back in stock at Sports Authority stores again. We are getting them back in up here in New England. This shipment looks to be the ones with the newer 31.6 seat posts also.

Question for those who have dealt with the bent forks. Does it seem to be an out of the box issue or, are they also bending from use? Saw one yesterday that was slightly bent out of the box. I'll have it replaced before I sell or buy it but I'm curious how they'll hold up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Question for those who have dealt with the bent forks. Does it seem to be an out of the box issue or, are they also bending from use? Saw one yesterday that was slightly bent out of the box. I'll have it replaced before I sell or buy it but I'm curious how they'll hold up.
    The forks are defective and arriving that way.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Mine was bent out of the box. Definitely not bent in use.

I got a shipping notice today for the replacement fork from Pacific.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just a heads up guys. These have started to arrive back in stock at Sports Authority stores again. We are getting them back in up here in New England. This shipment looks to be the ones with the newer 31.6 seat posts also.

not showing up on the website yet

mtbr member
    Anyone have a set of Vinson hubs they are looking to get rid of?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Attachment 993707

New fork arrived. Appears to be bent but much less than the original. Also it looks like the fork arms are welded to the steer tube differently so hopefully that won't affect alignment. When I get it installed with the wheel in place I will post some pictures of the results.

Total warranty process took 71 days
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mongoose Vinson-replacement-vinson-fork-600x800-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fugsworth View Post
    Total warranty process took 71 days
    Lol.....my replacement has got to be pushing that as well. I was actually surprised to receive a shipping notice and I couldn't even remember what it might be for.

Pacific was good and it was really no questions asked...just the availability sucked.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    ***EDIT***
    Problem mounting tires.
    I'm going to wipe out part of this post after some testing. There are actually a couple of issues, I think.
    Q-tubes don't appear to work very well after all. Using undersized tubes that stretch, they don't appear to expand well on the rim walls. Could be part of the issue.

Although the Q-tubes didn't mount the stock Missions very well, the stock tubes did mount the missions by 20 psi (then backed down).

However, even the stock tubes simply will not mount the On-One Floater. There is always a nagging low spot where the bead will not go up over the lip that for whatever reason, the rim manufacturers put right by the rim wall.

I layed the floater on the floor next to the mission, and it seems like the floater's beed just isn't straight like the mission.
    I just can't ride these floaters anymore. It bucks the bike up & down, and squeaks every time the non-seated spot makes it's way to the ground.

I've decided not to piss with soapy water although I hear it works for some people. I'd rather just get a tire that doesn't require it.

--Would buying 4.5 or 5 inch tires resolve this? I've only used 4 inch so far.

Also, I'll likely be selling a set of floaters, and missions to offset the cost of a wider tire if anyone has a need for them.
    Last edited by ztbishop; 06-06-2015 at 06:04 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Looking for a tire pump for my Vinson but not sure what I need. Will this work with Fat tires with low pressure?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QZFVXVO?psc=1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waspswatter View Post
    Looking for a tire pump for my Vinson but not sure what I need. Will this work with Fat tires with low pressure?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QZFVXVO?psc=1
    It will work but you'll have forearms like Conan the Barbarian when you're done inflating. Keep the pump for emergencies only. Try to adjust pressure with a floor pump.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by toothpuller View Post
    It will work but you'll have forearms like Conan the Barbarian when you're done inflating. Keep the pump for emergencies only. Try to adjust pressure with a floor pump.
    I'm looking for something to use in a flat repair situation. I just don't know enough about cycles to know if a pump made for "normal" tires will work for fat tires.

mtbr member
    Any high quality mtb trail pump will do the job.
    Worth the read ...Trail Pump Shootout | FAT-BIKE.COM

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Excellent, thanks.

Dirt Huffer
    I got the Leyzne one. It's a badass little pump.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AC/BC View Post
    I got the Leyzne one. It's a badass little pump.
    I second this. I have their high volume pump and have found it to be spectacular.

Good build, not too many strokes to fill the tube. Looks good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    mongoose Vinson-img_2769.jpgout on the vinson today mill basin drawer bridge at low tide

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I'm stealing the 10x drivetrain for a Salsa Spearfish. So I'm going back to the 3x8, but I like the range of the 3x10. I ordered a 20t granny ring to help flatten the hills.

mtbr member
    I have acquired quite the collection of parts lately for this project. I have to admit I'm getting a little carried away but, it's so much fun. Trying to hunt down a Vinson with a perfect fork in my area. I think I have one coming on my next truck this week. Fingers crossed.

For what it's worth. I called Pacific last week and they do not have the Vinson fork in stock. They also are very strict about replacement and part orders. I thought since we are a dealer I could get an Argus fork and throw it on the Vinson. Not only would they not let me upgrade but, even as a dealer I cannot place a part order for anything other than the original replacement part for a bike that I have there in my shop. They verify serials and everything so no way around that one. It was a bummer but I totally get it. Might try to find an on one fatty carbon fork. Almost nothing on this bike will be stock when I'm done.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    For what it's worth. I called Pacific last week and they do not have the Vinson fork in stock. They also are very strict about replacement and part orders. I thought since we are a dealer I could get an Argus fork and throw it on the Vinson. Not only would they not let me upgrade but, even as a dealer I cannot place a part order for anything other than the original replacement part for a bike that I have there in my shop. They verify serials and everything so no way around that one. It was a bummer but I totally get it. Might try to find an on one fatty carbon fork. Almost nothing on this bike will be stock when I'm done.
    I have found Pacific to be quite accommodating, sending replacement parts including cranks, wheels, bearings, chains. The problem now is the stevedores strike on the west coast. Pacific told me "don't look for any parts until the fall and that the best thing to do is to take the bike back for a refund and buy another one".
    So I took their advice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I just got the Vinson setup tubeless with Vee Tire Bulldozers. I used pink insulating foam in 5" wide roll about 1/4" thick with split 24" tubes. I cut the insulation about 3.25" wide and taped the ends together offset about 6" from the stem hole. Tires held air immediately, pulled the valve cores and added some sealant, the rear may have a bit of a leak, but they seem to be holding up pretty well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Sports Authority has a 20% off coupon again. But they don't have the Vinson in stock. They do have the Malus. Besides only being a 7-speed, is there any other differences between the Malus and the Vinson? The price difference between the two bikes tell me that there must be some other step down in frame and components from the Vinson to the Malus.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    The biggest difference for me would be the undrilled rims and using a freewheel instead of a cassette. Using a freewheel will mean the axle is not supported as well and is much more likely to break. (edit: I'm pretty sure it's a freewheel, but I'm not positive)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Freewheels make it very hard to update the drivetrain. You're pretty much stuck with 7 speeds. Those coupons come up all the time it pays to be patient.

Light freak
    Vinson frame and fork are aluminum, gets the total weight of the bike down to about 36 pounds.

Tallus frame and fork are steel and weigh above 40 pounds.

Vinson is set-up to run 5" tires.

Those are the big ones I can think of

mtbr member
    Sports Authority has a 20% off coupon again. But they don't have the Vinson in stock. They do have the Malus. Besides only being a 7-speed, is there any other differences between the Malus and the Vinson? The price difference between the two bikes tell me that there must be some other step down in frame and components from the Vinson to the Malus.
    There are currently 400+ on hand in stores and 500+ more on order. If they are on order for the store they are likely also on order for the online store. They do operate as separate entities.

If you guys are looking for one I can do my best to help let you know if a nearby store should have one in stock.

mtbr member
    May 2015

True to it's namesake...

The Mongoose accidentally ran over the tale of this little guy on my ride home.

mongoose Vinson-img_20150621_170518450.jpg

Even looks a little like a cobra with the flattened head.

mtbr member
    May 2015

Some more pictures from me seeing how well it'd do in loose sand...

I rode the "trail" next to the train tracks.

mongoose Vinson-img_20150621_144000068.jpg

I saw these all over, wasn't sure what they were...

mongoose Vinson-img_20150621_150102136.jpg

Until I saw this snapper...(hit by a train?) Now I think they were turtle eggshells after the hatch.

mongoose Vinson-img_20150621_150015791.jpg

After the ride, glow...

mongoose Vinson-img_20150621_175157515.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mongoose Vinson-img_20150621_170518450.jpg  

mtbr member
    Progress...

mtbr member
    looks mint dude. very nice. enjoy.

Dilligaf
    Apr 2010
    OK so i am about 6 months in now and my stock vinson tire on the rear is squeaking like crazy. looking at tire options, anyone run the fat b nimble yet? did it cure the squeak. I really don't want to go to a heavier tire after doing so much to lighten up my bike. Also don't want to spend a lot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    my stock front tire started squeaking like crazy just this last week. Interested to hear opinions on how to get it to stop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CruJonez View Post
    OK so i am about 6 months in now and my stock vinson tire on the rear is squeaking like crazy. looking at tire options, anyone run the fat b nimble yet? did it cure the squeak. I really don't want to go to a heavier tire after doing so much to lighten up my bike. Also don't want to spend a lot.
    Lots of good reviews on the FBN tires but I feel they are to skinny to run on the 100mm rims. I believe the 4.5" Kenda Juggernauts weigh about the same as the stock tires. You can get a set for $100, I left a link a few posts back to a source with a promo code as well. If you have a little more cash I say go with the Jumbo Jim's either the 4" or 4.8". Both are lighter than the stock missions, and the 4" mounts well with a round profile on a 100mm rim.

cmg
    passed out in your garden
    more options

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/cha...ew-940419.html

Specialized Ground Controls 4.6
    always mad and usually drunk......

mtbr member

Ok It's done. Here is a list of what I ended up doing

Vinson frame, fork, rims and hubs used
    Painted using Plast Dip Black
    70mm Stem I had from another bike
    Specialized 740mm handlebar (from fatboy)
    Shimano M605 Deore hydraulic brakes
    Shimano RT66 rotors
    ODI SDG hansolo lock on grips
    Bontrager rhythm elite seat post
    Bontrager Evoke saddle
    Samox 2x10 crankset
    Race Face cinch 30mm BSA bottom bracket
    SRAM X7 direct mount front derailleur
    Origin 8 direct derailleur mount for fat bikes
    SRAM X9 10 speed rear derailleur
    SRAM X9 10 speed shifters
    SRAM PG-1030 10 speed cassette
    SRAM PC-1051 10 speed chain
    Race Face crank boots
    Shimano PD-M530 spd pedals
    Kenda Juggernaut 26x4.5 tires

mtbr member
    Me likey. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Nicely done!
    SR Suntour

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    xjohnx77, nice job on the custom Vinson. May I ask where you got the custom green Mongoose stickers?
    2019 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 27.5
    2018 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 6Fattie
    2015 GT Sensor AL Comp

mtbr member
    xjohnx77, nice job on the custom Vinson. May I ask where you got the custom green Mongoose stickers?
    The site is Cool Car Decals, Family Stickers, and UNIQUE Graphics at Full Intensity Grafx.

They did an amazing job. The decals are awesome and they were made and shipped in great time. They even included a bunch of extra free ones in the box. They gave me an extra NH one and some smaller mongoose logos for free. Totally awesome company/site. The mongoose logo is pretty much just a standard font (I forget the name) so it worked out very well and easy to replicate that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Congrats! Looks awesome!!!! How do you like Juggernaut Sport?

mtbr member
    Congrats! Looks awesome!!!! How do you like Juggernaut Sport?
    No idea really. I built this as a winter ripper so I won't really ride it for a while. I didn't ride at all on the stock Vee's and haven't even ridden a fat bike before so, I'm sorry I have no relevant comparison to give you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Dear xjohnx77, Congrats at the great job u did on the Vinson! I am amazed at how great it looks! enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    new question, been riding my Vinson pretty regularly since December, and I am looking at putting on a new chain and or maybe cassette. Do you folks think a SRAM PC850 chain and a SRAM PG850 8 speed cassette would be fine? or what do you recommend? I am trying to stay with close to similar parts and specs. thanks much, and I Love my Vinson!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Does anyone know of a direct replacement for the stock tubes? I've been trying the skinny tubes for a while and I don't feel they're worth the effort for the minimal weight savings. I always end up with a narrow spot near the valve stem if I try to run a reasonable pressure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    A few updated pics of my bike. Finally got motivated again after getting the new fork in the mail.

mongoose Vinson-0705151451.jpg

1X8 drive train:
    mongoose Vinson-0705151451a.jpg

11-34 Cassette:
    mongoose Vinson-0705151451b.jpg

Blackspire ring:
    mongoose Vinson-0705151452a.jpg

Tektro hydraulics (take offs from another bike):
    mongoose Vinson-0705151452.jpg

Sitting at 31.4 lbs as is. I'd love to see it under 30, but everything on it is a free take off or cheap Chinese knockoff and it's going to stay that way. I have a whole 10 speed drive train for it, too, but I am going to wear out the 1X8 setup first.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nbwallace View Post
    I really would like to change out the crank. But another alternative is a blackspire 96mm narrow wide. Not cheap though.

http://http://www.blackspire.com/SNA...BCD-Chainrings
    For what it's worth to anyone who might try this, the Blackspire 96BCD ring needs a bit of work. It won't fit the crank without a bit of clearancing on the "ears". Probably 1/16" to fit over the crank spider. I did mine with an oscillating spindle sander...a dremel with a sanding drum would work just as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I think a couple of places (wolftooth and absolute black) have started to make 96mm BCD narrow wide rings. Not sure they would work with eight speed, but they should work with nine as long as you use a ten speed chain. I'm running a 28t 64mm BCD narrow wide 1x10 with a 11-36 ten speed cassette.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I haven't ridden enough to say so for sure, but the Blackspire ring is working so far with the 8 speed chain. It's definitely one of the "tighter" narrow wide rings I've tried.

in the getto
    Anybody find a solution to the squeaking tires? From my troubleshooting the tire bead appears to be way too big on these rims causing movement especially at normal low pressures. Any tricks to make them fit tighter....hate to have to buy new tires for a bike I mainly ride on the beach,stock tires roll nice and good traction.
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I switched rim strips and tires. The excessive squeaking was cured. Start with changing the rim strips first before buying new tires.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast