Minnesota 2.0 + bullhorn bars?- Mtbr.com
    I'd rather be on my bike

Minnesota 2.0 + bullhorn bars?

I picked up a Minnesota 2.0 mainly for winter commuting in the wonderful Michigan winter that we get. It will not see much if any trail use. I have really adjusted well to bullhorn bars on my fixed gear, and am considering running them on the fat bike as well. I am pretty sure the shifters and brakes will fit much narrower bars. Has anyone tried this, done this, or known someone that has done this?
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.

bigger than you.
    fatbikes are pretty poor commuters compared to a cross-style bike with studded nokian tires and fenders. you're going to have a ton of rolling resistance, a LOT of spray and it will be a pretty miserable experience. Trails, in snow, dirt and sand, as well as bushwhacking off trail, are where fattys shine and are most fun. if I just going to be commuting, a fatbike would be pretty low on my list of viable options. But if you wanna set it up like your fixie, go for it brah.

I'd rather be on my bike
    Oh, it is a horrible commuter bike. I have already ridden it the 8.5 miles each way to work and home. It is slow, has a ton of rolling resistance even on Vee Missions. It sounds and rides like a lifted truck on 35's. Every time I get on it though, it puts a huge smile on my face. I had considered a cx bike with tires and fenders as you mentioned but I got a pretty good deal on this one from a friend so I jumped on it. After this past winter, the pure amount of snow and lack of clear roads sealed the deal for me. The night that I drove home in almost a foot of snow would have been a perfect chance to ride a fat bike like a boss.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Your mountain bike controls will be too small in diameter to fit on road bullhorns. If you switch to bar end shifters and brake levers you may have cable travel issues to deal with. The narrow (even 44 cm are narrow on a fatbike) bar will take a lot of effort to get turned. You will probably be better off with a flat bar and mountain bike bar ends.

mtbr member
    Ergon GP5 = My grip of choice for long distance riding. So comfortable and many hand postions.

Ergon GP5-L Large Grips Gray/Black - Modern Bike

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current bikes: 2010 Raleigh Talus 29er with Ergon GP5 grips, Shimano PD-T420 Click'R pedals, Topeak Explorer 29" Disc MTX Rear Rack and Topeak DXP bag.

2013 Walmart Mongoose Beast blue

"Put The Fun Between Your Legs"
    "26" isn't Dead, it just got FAT"
    "I Dream On Two Wheels"
    "Be The Motor, You Are The Engine"