Mavic Drift Shoe- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Mavic Drift Shoe

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Mavic Drift winter shoe?

Thanks for your help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Mavic Drift Shoe

There's this: http://twentynineinches.com/2013/11/...t-impressions/

Have been idly thinking about getting some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for sending the link; I'd read that and simply wondered whether anyone had any experience with them. Living in Maine, I'd be concerned about temps in the 20's, as it's that way everyday and colder. Think I'll see what they have in stock on Monday though, keep me posted if you pick up a pair and what your thoughts are.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have been using them since last winter. I had to go up 2 full sizes to have room for wool (thick) socks. I have found them to be very comfortable, fairly warm riding in temps in the teens and twenties. I do not have trouble with cold feet, so if your feet get cold easily these are not the warmest option. I wanted to get away from using overboots so these work for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I run them, they are a decent cold weather option if you size up and use thick wool socks. I wore mine today and it was 9 F (-12 C) and after about 2 hours my feet were ok. I wouldn't recommend them for extreme cold in the negatives without an active heat source. As far as water proofing goes, these are awesome, you will not get wet feet wearing these unless you submerge them for more than a dip. when worn properly you can submerge your foot briefly and stay pretty much dry. just make sure there is no fabric from socks, tights, or bib longs leading into the shoe from outside the closure cuff and make sure the cuff is tight.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    As an alternative, check out both the Shimano MW81 and Specialized Defroster (I think that's what the shesh ones are called) at your local LBS.

I have the MW81's and I had them out in 20 degree weather on thanksgiving morning and just in normal weight cycling socks my feet were super toasty. I got them slightly larger to fit thicker socks but I doubt I'll ever run thicker socks.

Edit: forgot to mention, much of the inside of the MW81 is fleece lined. This is awesome

The Fastest of Bananas
    I have the Defrosters. One ride in, I like them so far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the info everyone!! I'll more than likely make a call tomorow... hopefully they will have my size.