Loving my Mukluk!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Loving my Mukluk!

Got it for $1359 shipped from HucknRoll, drilled the Daryls, added the Carver fork, and some other goodies I had and she's right at 31 lbs.

Got 2 rides in and then for sh*ts and giggles raced her in the local Tuesday night Sport class (10 miles) and finished 13th out of 19. People were like "WTF is that thing?"

Fat & Single
    Very nice ! nearly 1.5lb knocked off the front with that fork.

Did you buy it with HuDu's fitted ?

Awesome price too
    Santa Cruz Hightower LT Evil Following Trek 9.9 Superfly SL IndyFab Deluxe 29 Pivot Vault CX Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice work on the Muk. Still love that color...

nvphatty
    heck of a find for that price.

mtbr member
    Got the HuDus in mildly used condition from another inmate here. One thing that took some getting used to is the lowish bb height. Besides that all is good. I'll be downsizing the 36t ring to something a little more XC friendly too.

Geordie biker
    awesome looking bike, enjoy it!
    2014 milage so far - 2,485
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

B2

Carver fork

Aside from the weight savings, how do you like the ride feel of the carver fork on your Muk? I have a Muk 2 with a steel enabler fork and am thinking of going to carbon if there is a noticeable improvement in ride quality. I ride and sometimes race the Muk year round and it seems a bit harsh at times. Of course I will also be loosing 2 water bottle mounts
    if I switch.
    Thanks
    "Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished."...Dean Koontz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b2b2 View Post
    Aside from the weight savings, how do you like the ride feel of the carver fork on your Muk? I have a Muk 2 with a steel enabler fork and am thinking of going to carbon if there is a noticeable improvement in ride quality. I ride and sometimes race the Muk year round and it seems a bit harsh at times. Of course I will also be loosing 2 water bottle mounts
    if I switch.
    Thanks
    I rode a SIR9 SS for a few years with the niner carbon fork and knew from that experience that I would be putting a carbon fork on this bike. Demoing the Carver just closed the deal and it was at the right price. The Enabler came off the bike right out of the box and the carver went on. It damps well, isn't too flextime and tracks nicely.

Members who have read this thread: 0