Looking for a high volume floor pump for fat tires.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Looking for a high volume floor pump for fat tires.

Looking for a high volume floor pump for fat tires. Can anybody recommend me a good high volume floor pump?

Rocking on a Rocky
    This is an interesting topic and is not been discussed much. I would say the Fat Joe but I might be a little biased.
    :thumbsup:It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

Ambassador of Chub
    "The only way we can truly control the outcome of a ride is not going on it, which is a choice I'm unwilling to make." -K.B.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    My wife bought me this for Xmas and it is v.nice and came at just the right time! It pumps ~.6 psi per pump, compared to my specialized road-bike pump at ~.25 per pump. The gauge only goes up to 30psi. I was able to pump my Snowshoes up to 21 psi with a reasonably small amount of work.

http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Joe-Blow-Floor-Pump/dp/B00Q3IBCM8

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Any cheap floor pump will do. A good gauge is more important, I have an SKS Airchecker.

mtbr member
    I use a cheap $20 sette air 2,floor pump from price point, quick, puts out a decent output. I could have a tire pumped to ten psi in around a 1-2 minutes.
    Last edited by traditiionalist; 01-15-2016 at 04:25 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I am waiting for the SKS Big Wheel to be released. Until then it is my SKS Rennkompressor and the Meiser Accu-Gage 15 psi model.
    Flotilla or Buffet.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    No one mentioned Lezyne yet? I used to think bike pumps were devices sent to this planet from Satan himself, meant to get you to shout curse words at high volumes before I got a Leyzne. Now I like bike pumps. I've got a mini portable that I've used for years and it still works the same as it did when new. Also got a high volume floor pump. Good stuff, worth the extra 20-30 bucks that you pay over crap plastic pumps that shatter in your hands during the 5th use.

Ambassador of Chub
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    No one mentioned Lezyne yet?
    Mentioned quite a bit in the link provided above. Not the first time this topic has come up - just the first time this week...
    Last edited by Smithhammer; 01-13-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    "The only way we can truly control the outcome of a ride is not going on it, which is a choice I'm unwilling to make." -K.B.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Professional Crastinator
    I am starting to laugh at these "fatbike specific" pump threads. Are there people out there pumping up 50 fat tires a day by hand or something? I mean, I changed a fat tube in 10 minutes with a mini pump. What kinda time savings are we really talking about here?

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas View Post
    I am starting to laugh at these "fatbike specific" pump threads. Are there people out there pumping up 50 fat tires a day by hand or something? I mean, I changed a fat tube in 10 minutes with a mini pump. What kinda time savings are we really talking about here?

-F
    I want a fat bike specific pump so I don't have to pump, remove pump, put gauge on, put pump back on, pump, remove pump, put gauge on, etc.

Based on where I ride and the conditions I run different pressures so being able to do it all with on device is better for me.
    Flotilla or Buffet.

mtbr member
    Check out the Topeak JoeBlow Fat Floor Pump

turtles make me hot
    I have a Topeak Joe Blow Mountain that I keep in my truck. It works great on fat bikes and I've even used it on the road when I had to make an emergency repair and plug my Suburban's tire.
    I also have the Bontrager Flash Charger. I keep that one at home and mostly use it for setting up new tubeless fat tires. Works awesome.
    I like turtles

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by yakkoTDI View Post
    I want a fat bike specific pump so I don't have to pump, remove pump, put gauge on, put pump back on, pump, remove pump, put gauge on, etc.

Based on where I ride and the conditions I run different pressures so being able to do it all with on device is better for me.
    Gotcha.

On my floor pump, the needle moves off zero at 9.5psi. Coincidentally, 9.5psi is the highest pressure I would typically run. If I need less, I just let out a tap or 2 on the valve. I have a 0-30psi gauge that I used to calibrate my pinching fingers so now I can tell just by squeezing the tire, and pretty much just by riding it.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Ambassador of Chub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas View Post

-F
    Agreed - a lot of the 'fat bike specific' stuff is silly. But, a high(er) volume pump that moves more air with fewer pumps is nice to have if you own a fattie, even more so with 5" tires.

The Topeak Joe Blow works well and definitely moves more air with a larger chamber than a typical floor pump. But don't expect much out of the built-in gauge - I would still plan on having a Meiser if a functional gauge is important to you.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Check out the Topeak JoeBlow Fat Floor Pump
    Joe Blow Fat and Joe Blow Mountain appear to be the same pump (same lad diameter body) but with different gauges.

Santa Cruz Hightower LT

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I fitted a digital gauge on my HV Lezyne, but only reads whole #s. The HV output is great nonetheless...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Finally just got the Topeak JoeBlow Fat Floor Pump. And I love it for the fat tires, takes less time to fill them.