Last bike- Mtbr.com

Thread: Last bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Last bike

You ever had a bike that you customized and was so much fun that there is never a need to change anything? It is gratifying beyond words. No need to think of the next "Greatest" thing, just go out and ride.

It's a personal thing, so mine will not be the same for another.

Have FUN!
    Dash Pt. State Park (Tacoma), Big Sky Montana during Snowboard Season, Duluth Mn, a couple of times of year incl. Xmas.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I built my last 2 from the frame up. Everything exactly like I wanted. Itís been 4years. Love them and no need for anything different.

Doesnít stop me from wanting to try something else though

Maybe just a new wheelset........ hmmmmm

Mr. Chaos Theory
    My Mutz is my one and only! I'd like a different fork but it's such an amazing beast! I can literally get any wheels I could want on it it's a zillion bikes in one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I'm an Epic Cancer Survivor!!

WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

2017 Foes Mutz :thumbsup:

Base of Operations NH USA

Music & Bikes
    My Fatbike was built from scratch up , and my MTB too , but with a custom made frame to my specs.

I don't see how I can get a better bike.

It's more expensive than buying OEM but I found that I keep my custom bike longer
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

mtbr member
    Probably my Bucksaw. I am spoiled with many fun toys, but, I put more time (by far) on it than anything else.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    I just threw a mastadon pro on mine and it's a different animal now.

D

Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    By no means a pan on the positive vibe ya got going, but, I have several grail, custom, 26" skinny tired beasts that gather dust now.

I find building them gratifying, absolutely. Riding them even more so. I'm also not a trend chaser, but every now and then, something new bubbles to the surface, and well, it's improvements upon the status quo, cannot be denied....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

turtles make me hot
    I had a Cannondale many years ago that I bought rigid. A 26er. It was 1991 or 1992... It was run of the mill 3x7, cants, Made in USA frame. I added a Manitou Three fork, custom wheels with an XT rear hub, Sun Ringle Bubba front hub and Mavic rims that were the shit back then. I also added Avid Tri Aligns, RaceFace cranks, made the drivetrain into a 2x8 and used XTR shifters with Gorilla Billet adapters so I could run Avid levers.
    That bike was the bomb. I rode it until 2008 when my buddy finally shamed me into buying a Specialized Stumpjumper 29er fully. What an awakening. I thought that was going to be the last bike I'd ever own.
    Then I got a 135/190 black ano 907 fat bike, then a 150/197 907 and now, a Krampus. The Krampus is currently my favorite bike. It's a 1x11, Raceface Arcs on Hopes with 3 1/4 tire up front and 3" Bonty X2 on the rear. Jones bars and I recently added a Rockshox Yari. I absolutely love riding that bike. It's definitely a keeper.
    I felt the same way about the second 907 until I cracked it. Now, I'm waiting to see what the next run of Surly Ice Cream trucks look like.
    My buddies and I are all in our fifties and we've all been talking about possibly getting Lenz 29+ fullies but I can't imagine liking it any more than my Krampus. We'll see how it goes.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Just bought a 2019 rocky Mountain Blizzard 20 fatbike a couple weeks ago, put on the new sram eagle 12 speed drivetrain and a Manitou Mastodon comp ext front fork, new pedals, new seat, semi slicks for the summer since it's all I ride, if it ain't custom it ain't personal as far as I'm concerned. I fell in love with cycling with a fatbike, my passion before was muscle cars and they all had to be modified as well.

Next will be a frame up FS fat bike.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB76 View Post
    My Mutz is my one and only! I'd like a different fork but it's such an amazing beast! I can literally get any wheels I could want on it it's a zillion bikes in one.

Wow I'm jealous! I plan to built a mutz from the frame up next spring. Gorgeous bike. It just looks like you can beat it up all day and it will keep asking for more.

Mr. Chaos Theory
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyfat2019 View Post
    Wow I'm jealous! I plan to built a mutz from the frame up next spring. Gorgeous bike. It just looks like you can beat it up all day and it will keep asking for more.

It's an amazing machine, I'm still in disbelief that I own it. I want a mastadon on it but it still blows me away every time I ride it. I literally have a shit eating grin on my face every time!!

I'm an Epic Cancer Survivor!!

WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

2017 Foes Mutz :thumbsup:

Base of Operations NH USA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB76 View Post
    It's an amazing machine, I'm still in disbelief that I own it. I want a mastadon on it but it still blows me away every time I ride it. I literally have a shit eating grin on my face every time!!

I bet! I need to ride one of these so I can find out what size frame I want, I need to get building mine asap.

Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    we've all been talking about possibly getting Lenz 29+ fullies but I can't imagine liking it any more than my Krampus. We'll see how it goes.
    A someone who owns a very similar Krampus (and feels quite the same as you, about it too), as well as a Lenz Behemoth 29+?

Don't ride one, you'll find your next bike you can't live without......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com