Larry on Clownshoe?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Larry on Clownshoe?

I'm pretty excited to be building up a new fatbike.

I have been on a Pugsley for the past few years, and I run Nates in the winter and a pair of Larrys in the summer. Seems to work pretty well.

I would like to use Clownshoes as rims for the wheels I build for my new bike. I'll be using a Bud/Lou combo for winter riding.

So I was thinking, I'd just sell the Pug with the Nates on it, and perhaps run the Larrys again for summer? Or would the profile be weird or something on a much wider rim? Will I need a bigger summer friendly tire for the dirt rides (i.e. BFL)? I don't like dragging the Nates around in the summer, pretty sure I'd have similar feelings about Lou, so I'd like to have some sort of summer tire plan. I haven't heard of anyone trying a Larry on a Clownshoe, so I figured I'd post up here to see what thoughts were.

Thanks for any thoughts/opinions! Also, those Clownshoes are expensive rims! If anyone knows of a less expensive 90-100mm rim option, please let me know!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    I'm pretty excited to be building up a new fatbike.

I have been on a Pugsley for the past few years, and I run Nates in the winter and a pair of Larrys in the summer. Seems to work pretty well.

I would like to use Clownshoes as rims for the wheels I build for my new bike. I'll be using a Bud/Lou combo for winter riding.

So I was thinking, I'd just sell the Pug with the Nates on it, and perhaps run the Larrys again for summer? Or would the profile be weird or something on a much wider rim? Will I need a bigger summer friendly tire for the dirt rides (i.e. BFL)? I don't like dragging the Nates around in the summer, pretty sure I'd have similar feelings about Lou, so I'd like to have some sort of summer tire plan. I haven't heard of anyone trying a Larry on a Clownshoe, so I figured I'd post up here to see what thoughts were.

Thanks for any thoughts/opinions! Also, those Clownshoes are expensive rims! If anyone knows of a less expensive 90-100mm rim option, please let me know!
    Based on my experience using 4" tires on Darryls I'd want BFLs for a summer tire on CS.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Larry on Clownshoe?

I love my BFL's on CS's on my ML'r as a summer tire. Rolls great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander