I wish it would snow allready!!!- Mtbr.com
    Home of the Gravedigger

I wish it would snow allready!!!

Not enough snow to ride. Too much mud to ride. Weather not nice enough for a road ride. I guess I'll just have to stick to reading about cycling today. If anyone gets a good ride in today, post a picture.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Wow. Put a beater together with fenders and go ride your damn bike.

Home of the Gravedigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmucker
    Wow. Put a beater together with fenders and go ride your damn bike.
    I wish I had a beater today. Yesterday I spent more time cleaning my bike after riding it than I did riding it. Snow flakes just started coming down, so hopefully there is something measurable by tonight so I can make some fresh tracks...even if it just on my street!

mtbr member
    the beach is always ridable,365 days a year

plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

Home of the Gravedigger
    Very nice pics. Typically Colorado offers year round cycling....except for these transition days where it goes from 70F one day to snowing the next day. The pavement and dirt stays too warm and the moisture just melts and makes a mess.

bored ex-shop rat

New question here.

Hey C.
    What racks are you using on your pugs?
    Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000)

Ride = Life
    Perfect day to take apart my eccentric BB on the single speed; rebuild my titus's front brake. JensonUSA order arrived in mail yesterday, time to swap bars on my commuter bike. Spin in basement, while watching Manchester United loose to Liverpool, Steelers game just started. Beer. Pizza. Surf Internet. Rinse and repeat.
    "Riding is about rhythm and flow. It's the wind in your face and the challenge of hammering up a long hill…" - Gary Klein

Ride = Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaber
    Not enough snow to ride. Too much mud to ride. Weather not nice enough for a road ride. I guess I'll just have to stick to reading about cycling today. If anyone gets a good ride in today, post a picture.
    What are some of your road routes from home?

I rode 86 w to Perry to PlumCreek to Ridge Rd back into our community recently to try the new extension on Plum Creek. You head south often? How about out lake gulch?

Do you map them with GPS?
    "Riding is about rhythm and flow. It's the wind in your face and the challenge of hammering up a long hill…" - Gary Klein

Home of the Gravedigger
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxti
    What are some of your road routes from home?

I rode 86 w to Perry to PlumCreek to Ridge Rd back into our community recently to try the new extension on Plum Creek. You head south often? How about out lake gulch?

Do you map them with GPS?
    My favorite rides are:

86 to 83, Russelville Road (and some of the neighborhoods in that area) and then Lake Gulch to town and back up the hill to Founders.

I also ride out to Palmer lake and Larkspur pretty regularly. Most of my road rides are right around 60 miles. This year I've mountain biked a lot more than road. I think it was all the rain we had. I hate getting stuck out in the rain on a road ride, but somehow it does not seem as bad on a mountain ride.

mtbr member
    Hey C.
    What racks are you using on your pugs?
    i just did a spec of my pug on my blog for someone who was intrested velopax and theres a link to the racks,there cheapy lightwieght rear mtb racks im running for mudgaurds,i found last winter my ass froze on cold days after sitting for an hour along 10 miles of beaches if wet from water splashes combined with a cold tailwind!,they were only £30 for the pair too

Ride = Life
    My favorite rides are:

86 to 83, Russelville Road (and some of the neighborhoods in that area) and then Lake Gulch to town and back up the hill to Founders.

I also ride out to Palmer lake and Larkspur pretty regularly. Most of my road rides are right around 60 miles. This year I've mountain biked a lot more than road. I think it was all the rain we had. I hate getting stuck out in the rain on a road ride, but somehow it does not seem as bad on a mountain ride.
    Russelville Rd is part of the 40 mile E-Rock ride we did this year. That part of the area is pretty nice. I may have to try from home to Palmer Lake and back some time.

I hate climbing up 86. No shoulder and cars blow. Try the new plum creek extension. Nice shoulder on east bound side and you can nearly go the speed limit heading west bound. Twisty road makes for a fun decent.

Home of the Gravedigger
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxti
    Russelville Rd is part of the 40 mile E-Rock ride we did this year. That part of the area is pretty nice. I may have to try from home to Palmer Lake and back some time.

I hate climbing up 86. No shoulder and cars blow. Try the new plum creek extension. Nice shoulder on east bound side and you can nearly go the speed limit heading west bound. Twisty road makes for a fun decent.
    I did the 100 mile E-rock this year on my SS Van Dessel. I'm not sure if I'll do that again. No shoulder and cars no longer phase me. I have had people throw things at me, shout things, spit, and last year people started calling the cops w/ bogus claims and CR PD loves to give citations to cyclists. I nearly got thrown in jail this summer when a cop pulled me over because someone said I was climbing the hill from town up 86 on the wrong side of the road. I turned blue in the face trying to convince the cop that I would not ever do that. They even called for back up after it started getting heated. I was furious. This is one of the other reasons I have been getting back into mountain biking!

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Get a trainer for $20 off craigslist, do intervals for an hour, get stronger for more riding outside fun! I know people hate indoor riding, it does suck, but just an hour of intervals mixed in with your normal riding would make a noticeable difference in not too long.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

Candlestick Maker
    I'm wishing for snow, or even ice now that I have switched to my studded tires....

baker

Ride = Life
    I did the 100 mile E-rock this year on my SS Van Dessel. I'm not sure if I'll do that again. No shoulder and cars no longer phase me. I have had people throw things at me, shout things, spit, and last year people started calling the cops w/ bogus claims and CR PD loves to give citations to cyclists. I nearly got thrown in jail this summer when a cop pulled me over because someone said I was climbing the hill from town up 86 on the wrong side of the road. I turned blue in the face trying to convince the cop that I would not ever do that. They even called for back up after it started getting heated. I was furious. This is one of the other reasons I have been getting back into mountain biking!
    Your luck sucks. CRPD has been pretty good to me. It might be the Bicycle Colorado "Share the Road" jersey I ride, when on the road with cars. I think I can get my wife to try for the metric century or full century this year. We'll bring all 18 speeds with us though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sounds like you need a Cross Check to add to the stable.

mtbr member
    just ride it. you dont need snow. 8-9 psi and go see what it can do. unless you dont want to be surprised and have only one bike in the future.
    2013 mongoose Fat bike
    2012 Moonlander.

http://undergroundvelo.proboards.com/

mtbr member
    like BH says just go ride
    if you need inspiration to go ride read through some older posts of jill homers blog `up in alaska` http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/
    she rides daily in awful conditions,
    she makes us all weak mortals as she gets out and does it,i need to order her book on the iditabike,

Members who have read this thread: 0