high volume/low pressure floor pump- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

high volume/low pressure floor pump

Now that I have a Moonlander, I need a high volume, low pressure floor pump. My road pump takes too long and also, when I set up tubeless it will make it easier to inflate the tires. I assume a large diameter barrel on the floor pump will be what I'm looking for.
    Any suggestions?
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    For not too much more, you can get a small air compressor. That's what I did, and could not be happier. Plus you end up finding other uses for the compressor

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Floor Pumps HV

Lezyne pumps are real nice in my experience.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Lezyne and Joe Blow are the two I have used. From my experience, each have their inherent flaws. The challenge I have had with Lezyne is that when the tire is under low pressure, there is a tendency for the core to come out when unscrewing the adapter. With the Joe Blow, I have to replace the head as the seals go bad. YMMV. Of the two, I definitely like the Lezyne better.

Since you already have a pump, I would suggest getting a small compressor and using the pump to top off your tires. Even with HV pumps, I have had challenges getting the tire to seat on tubeless rims. No such challenges with a compressor. You can get a small compressor that will meet your needs for under $100

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Specialized Airtool Mtb. It's made to seat tubeless 29er tires. i have had great luck using it. The guage only goes up to 70, so you can really fine tune psi. release valve on the handle is awesome. it comes with an extra seal too. we have been using an Airtool pump in the shop for over a year now, without replacing the seal.
    Specialized Bicycle Components

Fat & Single
    Topeak Joe blow Mountain, 0-70psi gauge, has the biggest air capacity of any floor pump. Coming in close behind is the Lezyne dirt floor drive, also 0-70psi gauge, slightly less air volume but way smoother than the joe blow.... though twice the price too.

Both have a decent gauge accuracy, you need to know your pressure and pump to your magic line, very good volume for 4.8" tyres.

I did a lot of research about a year ago and bought a Joe Blow, then shortly after my friend pulled out the Lezyne dirt..... there might be something better out there now but that's my findings and experience.
    Santa Cruz Hightower LT Evil Following Trek 9.9 Superfly SL IndyFab Deluxe 29 Pivot Vault CX Cervelo R3 Disc