hello- Mtbr.com

Thread: hello

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

hello

Hello,

Just saying hello to this forum from Belgium. I order my first fat bike. Now I must wait for it till December. I love the pics on this forum and also the lots of information.

Sorry for my English writing.

mtbr member
    Welcome! Your English is just fine and what a great Christmas present! What bike did you order?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    We are Specialized fans.... The new Fatboy Expert.

mtbr noob

(Good enuf english)
    roxo56
    Surly Troll
    SC Butcher

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSOR View Post
    We are Specialized fans.... The new Fatboy Expert.
    Shhhhhhhh.... Talk like that is bound to get you a good lashing in these parts

Congrats!!

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    I love when a european apologizes for their English skills, because said skill is usually impeccable.

Way to keep up the stereotype, buddy
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (as of 2016). As a profiteer of the bicycle industry, I am not to be taken very seriously.

mtbr member
    Prepare to giggle like a little boy.
    Still cleaning my Fatback.
    It's a life style.

mtbr member
    Belgium huh, i'm living against the Belgium Border (actually, when i'm in the garden
    i look at Belgium).
    You live in Limburg? (I live near Hamont-Achel).

Hope we have a few winters like last years. Can't wait to try the fatty in the snow.
    Specialized... Nice!

A Surly Maverick
    Welcome Rusor

There are quite alot of Europeans here on the Fat Forum I'm pleased to say !

Your English is excellent (probably better than mine and I AM English !).
    Life IS a Beach and then you Corrode :)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hello. I'm joining this tread as well, since I am new to this forum.

I live in Oslo, Norway, and I am also waiting for my Specialized Fatboy Expert :-)
    I hope it will be here sooner than December, as winter come earlier than that here in Oslo ;-)

Love the forum by the way. We have a similiar forum at www'terrengsykkel'no (all norwegian), but as we are only so few norwegians in the world, the MTBR has all the answers :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat. View Post
    Belgium huh, i'm living against the Belgium Border (actually, when i'm in the garden
    i look at Belgium).
    You live in Limburg? (I live near Hamont-Achel).

Hope we have a few winters like last years. Can't wait to try the fatty in the snow.
    Specialized... Nice!
    Same for me here (Black Forest/Germany). Usually snow conditions are pretty bad to ride on with a regular bike because of constant melting and refreezing cycles it gets really bumpy and unpredictable what's below the fresh fallen snow. And even if it does then get well below the freezing point, the snow below can remain kind of muddy.

My one time epic* ride was years ago when it started to powder snow on hard frozen ground in the afternoon. By 9pm there was a 25cm layer - grabbed the halogen light and didn't return before 3am.

So I have a LOT of expectations in the fatty for those inferior qualities of snow - it better delivers.

*yes, on a Specialized

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Diller View Post
    I love when a european apologizes for their English skills, because said skill is usually impeccable.

Way to keep up the stereotype, buddy
    Sorry for our little uncertainty!

Btw, the fatbike community on mtbr is way bigger than at every other place so I like to come here. I love the internationality in this place!

Nice side effect, I can talk some English and improve my skills, what I usually canīt do in my everyday life.

I look forward to see all your new Spec..

Cheers from Germany!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hoi,
    Thanks for the reactions.

I live in Belgium also on the border with the Nederlands but not in Limburg. The other site of the country..... Essen.
    And as I say we are Specialized fans.... Till the Fatboy arrived is this what we riding...

The new Rumor for the woman and the Epiq for me....

And now waiting waiting waiting.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Yesterday I saw the Fat boy for the first time at the fair Bikemotion in the Netherlands.
    Whoehaaaaa It s a cool bike.... and I'm the first in Belgium who has a order.... Yes

GRTS Rusor

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Ahhhhh, what a sight :-)

I was one of the first to order one in Norway, early September. December is getting closer every day.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pez d spencer View Post
    Ahhhhh, what a sight :-)

I was one of the first to order one in Norway, early September. December is getting closer every day.
    Yes, the same here..... the order was August and the delivery is scheduled for late December. I hope he is earlier. In Norway to..... I will see your pic's soon

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hopefully early December, yes. As I am going on a 4 week vacation from the 15th of December ;-)

I tried the Diamant Mammut a weekend in August, and I completely loved it. Fatbike is the future :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I hope they don't decide to ship the bikes w/ Bud/Lou. The Ground Control look to be a better all arounder.
    But I'm sure others will disagree

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    I hope they don't decide to ship the bikes w/ Bud/Lou. The Ground Control look to be a better all arounder.
    But I'm sure others will disagree
    Depends; if ground control means they will be delayed, I hope they will ship them with B/L. But I don't think specialized will ship bikes without their own tires when they have advertised them already.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I realize that, but they are already delayed. It's Oct. and still no rubber.
    After seeing this pic Dec doesn't look good, unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    I realize that, but they are already delayed. It's Oct. and still no rubber.
    After seeing this pic Dec doesn't look good, unfortunately.
    This is still the same bike the show everywhere. The promised me the devilry is still for the end off December,beginning off January for Europe

Members who have read this thread: 0