Thread: Heated Insoles?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Heated Insoles?

Anyone using heated insoles like Thermacell?

I'm considering a set but the reviews are certainly mixed and usually submitted by hunters in milder conditions. I'm hoping to hear from some people riding bikes in sub zero temps. thanks.

Fatback
    I did not have good luck with heated insoles, though I didn't try the Thermacell brand.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    There have been reviews on archery talk.com. many negative experiences and someone that was connected to the company said they would stand by their product which was the thermacell brand. comments were short heat cycle before they ran out of juice and only getting one to recharge. At about $100 per pair I want 8 or more hrs per charge not 2-4

mtbr member
    I borrowed a set of the Hotronic electric insoles for a little while. They worked pretty well, although the run times were not as long as advertised. In the end I just didn't want to rely on electronics to keep my feet warm, too scary if something goes wrong.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Interesting project might be to build a non-electrical footwarmer pad that is "powered" from bodyheat. The footpad could be a liquid filled heat-exchanger with check-valve lines before& after the pad so it also functions like a pump for the liquid each time you take a step or apply pressure to the bike pedal. Pump the liquid in a loop up to another heat exchanger in contact with your belly where it gets re-warmed.

mtbr member
    I have used this brand of heated insole for the past 2 years and had good luck with them. 6 to 8 hours of run time depending on how cold it is, 8 hours 15 to 30 degrees and 6 hours anything under 0 degrees. Used mostly for ice fishing but have used them on cold or below zero rides.

http://thermosoles.com/?gclid=CM2j6Y...FQpgMgod-1oA-A

Heated Insoles?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355365976.240373.jpg
    Last edited by woody_8_5; 12-12-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 1