Gravity 2019 Bullseye MonsterFIVE- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2019

Gravity 2019 Bullseye MonsterFIVE

Good day all,

iíve been looking into purchasing an entry level fatty for a while and when I was about to click to purchase the regular GBM I saw that there is a ďnewĒ model that can host a 5Ē wheel.

Anyone can vouch for this newish model?

Save up to 60% off new Fat Bikes and Mountain Bikes - FIts Most Five INCH Tires - Gravity Bullseye MonsterFIVE

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    This is the new version of the Gravity bullseye which comes with Chaoyang big daddy tires.
    If you care about tubeless future for the bike, neither wheel or tire can be converted tubeless, (assuming that the tires are the lowest compund level for big daddy).
    The for 200 dollars seems okay but how they say the list price is $1499 is a massive exaggeration!
    For the same amount of list price you could buy a scott big jon.
    I think for the same quality of bike the northrock xc00 costco fat bike is way better cost wise for $299.99. Though it only has 4 inch tires (kenda gigas)
    Good Luck on getting a good fat bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Thanks for the heads up. The Northrock is 399 tho but still better deal than the BD. Iím shocked that a stock bike can be a better value for the money.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgch View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. The Northrock is 399 tho but still better deal than the BD. Iím shocked that a stock bike can be a better value for the money.
    Costco online sells it for 399 but when it comes to your local Costco it will be 299-350. Last year this bike was between 199-299 and online it was 500 dollars. I think if you find this in your local Costco this would be a great buy for the money in terms of value for your money.

mtbr member
    If I recall correctly, the Costco bike has a 7 speed freewheel vs 8 speed cassette on the GBM.

We are getting into the time of year where you might find a good used bike. I sold a 2015 Salsa Mukluk in great condition for $700. That was a much superior ride to either of the ones discussed above (even if limited to 4" tire).

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Yeah I know,

Someone is selling a 2019 Fatboy for a $1000. Iím even a bit skeptical of such a good deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgch View Post
    Yeah I know,

Someone is selling a 2019 Fatboy for a $1000. Iím even a bit skeptical of such a good deal.
    It doesn't hurt to investigate. I got my lightly used fatty for 60% off retail. It helped that, while excellent, Otso is not a popular brand and it is an extra large frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I bought the Fuji Wendigo used right before winter for $500. Not during the spring or summer, but right before the snowy winte. It came with upgraded 1by SRAM X7 on a Fuji Wendigo 2.1.
    Buying used saves money, but if you buy new at least you know that the frame was never broken or the tire got ripped in half (and taped back together).
    Brand new the Costco XC00 is a screamin deal.
    Mongoose makes cheap chinease frame bikes that are very shady, avoid them at all costs.

mtbr member
    There is an extensive thread on the Costco bikes that explain plus and minus of the bike.

There is also a thread on the Mongoose Argus. Some people like them.

The Framed Minnesota LTD is a nice bike for the price, especially if you want studdable tires.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    I just called Costco and they donít carry the xc00 in the whole northeast. Online is $399 as of now.