Full fenders 26*4.8- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2019

Full fenders 26*4.8

I'm thinking of going for 26*4.8 tires but I'm not finding fenders for it. I see there's lot of 26*4 fenders readily available

mtbr member
    Most situations that would warrant 4.8 tires would not warrant a fender, let alone a "full fender", thus not much market for them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    I'm thinking of ordering wheels from bikes direct and they give 4.8. I'm not really serious in to offroad. Need some form of protection when I use the bike for commute. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    When you say "wheels", do you mean wheels+tires, whole bike or just tires?

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Wheels and tires. I'm planning to build bike myself

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkin View Post
    Wheels and tires. I'm planning to build bike myself
    If you're now planning to build the bike yourself, and it's mainly for commuting, why 4.8?

(And how much does 'build bike myself' mean build bike myself? Lace your own wheels? Basic assembly?)
    ~edit: My Bad. < thinking of ordering wheels from bikes direct

In the interest of form follows function, before you start spending more dollars after you already got the 100mm BBSHD BB e-bike drive, how about more on the actual conditions you expect to be riding in.

26" has a lot of tire choices in the 3.8/4.0 range, and if you're not going to need float, not much point in going fatter. And there's also rim width to consider; different resulting profiles for different conditions.

Tubeless will make for better grip, a nicer ride and more range, plus most punctures will self-seal. Variations of getto-tubeless work, but maybe there's tubeless ready rims for not too much. And tubeless ready tires.

And down the line you can sub in a second wheel set in 29" for summer/warm times.
    Crazy on this ship of fools...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    These are what you're looking for
    https://classic-cycle.com/all/488/fa...tra-wide?c=407
    Same style as common fenders like those from Planet Bike, but 5" wide. They work very well both on and off the road.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    If you're now planning to build the bike yourself, and it's mainly for commuting, why 4.8?

(And how much does 'build bike myself' mean build bike myself? Lace your own wheels? Basic assembly?)
    ~edit: My Bad. < thinking of ordering wheels from bikes direct

In the interest of form follows function, before you start spending more dollars after you already got the 100mm BBSHD BB e-bike drive, how about more on the actual conditions you expect to be riding in.

26" has a lot of tire choices in the 3.8/4.0 range, and if you're not going to need float, not much point in going fatter. And there's also rim width to consider; different resulting profiles for different conditions.

Tubeless will make for better grip, a nicer ride and more range, plus most punctures will self-seal. Variations of getto-tubeless work, but maybe there's tubeless ready rims for not too much. And tubeless ready tires.

And down the line you can sub in a second wheel set in 29" for summer/warm times.
    Thanks for the tips. This is what I was thinking, instead of getting regular quick release, I can get thru axle wheels. In BD I see good wheelset with 4.8 tires and both are already tubeless ready.

I see wheelset and tire cost much more elsewhere