mtbr member
    Aug 2016

Framed Montana ?

I'm looking at picking up a Framed Montana in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any input on it. I'm 5'11" with a 30.5" inseam and am looking at getting a medium and am hoping I'm making the right choice. Are there any reason to avoid the carbon fiber framed bikes? The only other bike I'm interested in is Trek Farley 7 but the Framed ends up being cheaper, carbon, and FS.

mtbr member
    Following. There is one just review here, just wondering if anyone has heard of broader issues with the pivot, or if the issue was resolved. I agree it looks like a sweet ride if the pivots are normally ok

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I ordered a Beartrax last week and I should be delivered Wed, I will do a follow up on my impressions of it. So far Framed has answered all my questions when I've called but still haven't replied to any of the emails that I have sent.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    The Montana review is mine so if you have any questions, let me know. If not for the pivot issue, I'd still have it

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GEODIRT View Post
    The Montana review is mine so if you have any questions, let me know. If not for the pivot issue, I'd still have it
    I totally missed that review until your post, how was Frame's customer service? Did you have your bike assembled by a bike shop or did they honor the warranty anyway?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Customer Service was good. I did all the work myself, assembly and installing a “pivot upgrade” they sent. I shipped them a bike three times, and each time they provided a shipping label and packing materials. I sent the original bike back after the upgrade I installed didn’t work, they worked on it and sent it back and it still develop the problem. I sent the bike back again and they sent me an entire new bike, and this time I asked if it could be sent with the 27.5 wheelset and they did that no problem. Then that bike developed the same problem and I sent it back to them.
    Besides the pivot issue, I really enjoyed the bike overall, and if it didn’t have the pivot problems I would still have it. Also, it was interesting to feel the difference between the 27.5 and the 26 wheels. The bike was exactly the same except for the wheel size and the 27.5 was quicker, not that that’s a big deal really.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I got my Beartrax in yesterday it's a good looking bike and seemed to ride nice on my trip around the block. I do have concerns though because my paint is already chipping around my pivot points.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Framed Montana ?-chipping-paint.jpg  

mtbr member
    Have you taken it out on the trails yet? How do you like it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Ive taken it out on a few of the local trails and it is an absolute blast. I don't have any issues with it so far other than the minor paint chipping around the bushing. It's light for what it is and fast, the bike mechanic who tuned it for me was very impressed with the build quality of it.