formal introduction....- Mtbr.com
    meh....

formal introduction....

hello,
    my name in monte. i ride bikes. mountain bikes in particular. i'm seriously thinking about getting a fat bike. i've heard it's a sickness. bikes, that is. but that's okay, seems like a good sickness to have.

i'm also 4 stone ipa's to the wind, but i don't think that should matter. should it? you're not going to hold that against me, are yo0u?

i've got a perfectly good fs 29er, but what the hey.... full rigid on 4" tires sounds like fun.

to be continued....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte
    hello,
    my name in monte. i ride bikes. mountain bikes in particular. i'm seriously thinking about getting a fat bike. i've heard it's a sickness. bikes, that is. but that's okay, seems like a good sickness to have.

i'm also 4 stone ipa's to the wind, but i don't think that should matter. should it? you're not going to hold that against me, are yo0u?

i've got a perfectly good fs 29er, but what the hey.... full rigid on 4" tires sounds like fun.

to be continued....

Hey Monte, remember,Fat-Bikes are also 29ers. Lots of folks build up a set of "quick switch " 29er wheels. and with all that clearence you can easily fit the really big 29er stuff (i.e. Kris Holm 47mm/ WTB weirwolf 2.55). many also switch out the ridgid fork w/ suspension for their 29er set-up (the Maverick SC32 w/29er kit will fit a lg Marge/Endo or a 29er). It's two (or more) bikes in one ! gettin' to be lots of choices out there too!

Cheers,
    -Ward

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Monte, Ward here again. Turns out we're from the same state. I'm down here in Yakima...got a few good mtb(and ski) partners from your area (no fat-bikers yet but some thinkin' about it). Get one, man, and lets roll! Rode all over the Oregon Dunes last July- worked great! Haven't had mine up to Mt. St. Helens yet but they should rip in the ash & pummice (next summer!). Let me know if (when-your sick man) ya get one and i'll meet ya for a beer somewhere & we'll have a chat.

Take care,
    -Ward

hispanic mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte
    *snip*
    *snip*.
    Of course not! That's the best frame of mind to consider fat bikes!
    Ward's right- you can build up a 29" wheelset for summer, or better yet, just pump up the tire pressure into double digits, and you'll be good to go!
    Do it, do it, do it...

Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

mtbr member
    Addiction will take over. YOU will enjoy it... Been two + years with the pugs, and it IS my only ride now. Winter, summer, Sand, Snow, Rock, Single track, Double Track, it will take it all in stride. You'll be suprised how agile it really is, and SO will your riding partners.
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

mtbr member
    welcome to the fatbike forum monte
    these bikes are quite addictive indeed
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stiski
    Addiction will take over. YOU will enjoy it... Been two + years with the pugs, and it IS my only ride now. Winter, summer, Sand, Snow, Rock, Single track, Double Track, it will take it all in stride. You'll be suprised how agile it really is, and SO will your riding partners.
    and people called me crazy for thinking that. i am glad to see i have another on my side.
    2013 mongoose Fat bike
    2012 Moonlander.

http://undergroundvelo.proboards.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0