FINALLY got first notable snow of the season- Mtbr.com
    since 4/10/2009

FINALLY got first notable snow of the season

It's the 10th of January, and this morning there's FINALLY enough snow accumulation to force people to do something about it.

Unfortunately, it rained ALL DAY yesterday, so the pavement is quite icy, as well. AND temps are supposed to continue dropping into the wee hours of tomorrow morning, so tomorrow morning will be the coldest temps of the season. Wee! But, it hasn't really been cold enough for long enough for the slop underneath all the snow to really set up just yet. There's not enough snow to completely isolate the rider from it.

The way things are here, I'm sure there were quite a few people out on the trails first thing riding in the snow, and would have punched through into the mud in short order. I think I'm going to wait until later today or maybe even tomorrow until the mud is well and truly frozen before I try to ride in it.

It's not going to peek above freezing again for about a week, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the snow.

I'm not a big fan of these snowstorms that come at the tail end of a bunch of rain. Looks like there might be another snowfall sometime midweek. Hopefully it drops as much as what fell this morning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    It's the 10th of January, and this morning there's FINALLY enough snow accumulation to force people to do something about it.

Unfortunately, it rained ALL DAY yesterday, so the pavement is quite icy, as well. AND temps are supposed to continue dropping into the wee hours of tomorrow morning, so tomorrow morning will be the coldest temps of the season. Wee! But, it hasn't really been cold enough for long enough for the slop underneath all the snow to really set up just yet. There's not enough snow to completely isolate the rider from it.

The way things are here, I'm sure there were quite a few people out on the trails first thing riding in the snow, and would have punched through into the mud in short order. I think I'm going to wait until later today or maybe even tomorrow until the mud is well and truly frozen before I try to ride in it.

It's not going to peek above freezing again for about a week, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the snow.

I'm not a big fan of these snowstorms that come at the tail end of a bunch of rain. Looks like there might be another snowfall sometime midweek. Hopefully it drops as much as what fell this morning.
    You didn't mention in your post, so I looked at your profile to find out that this is happening 'somewhere'...

Cooooool dude!

since 4/10/2009
    Another reason to ride later:

The wife is driving home from Michigan on the icy roads. Probably a good idea to be somewhat accessible until she gets home, at least.