Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by neotree605 View Post
    Second winter with my D70. Love the bike

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    +D

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Picked up a NOS small 2017 DD70 this weekend on a closeout sale for $587 out the door. Its the charcoal/magenta (pink) model with 3x9. Think that's a decent deal for someone getting into fat bikes? I'm a very casual biker who didn't start until a couple years ago when I bought a used '09 GF Mullet on CL for $225 just to get into better shape and exercise more. Now I'm down a little weight, in better shape, and doing more riding and getting into bikepacking.

Eventually I think I'll upgrade the brakes and go 1x11, still trying to wrap my head around that whole thing (gearing, which components I can keep to save $, component compatibility, etc)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcswindler4 View Post
    Picked up a NOS small 2017 DD70 this weekend on a closeout sale for $587 out the door. Its the charcoal/magenta (pink) model with 3x9. Think that's a decent deal for someone getting into fat bikes? I'm a very casual biker who didn't start until a couple years ago when I bought a used '09 GF Mullet on CL for $225 just to get into better shape and exercise more. Now I'm down a little weight, in better shape, and doing more riding and getting into bikepacking.

Eventually I think I'll upgrade the brakes and go 1x11, still trying to wrap my head around that whole thing (gearing, which components I can keep to save $, component compatibility, etc)
    Congrats on the bike! That's a great price for a good entry-level fatbike. No need to hurry on changing components. Ride the heck out of it, figure out what works for you and what doesn't, read up on components (and take the plunge when your drivetrain is worn out!).

Happy trails!

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by simasona View Post
    Congrats on the bike! That's a great price for a good entry-level fatbike. No need to hurry on changing components. Ride the heck out of it, figure out what works for you and what doesn't, read up on components (and take the plunge when your drivetrain is worn out!).

Happy trails!
    Thanks, I've been able to take it out after work before it gets dark twice, unfortunately its only been 12 miles on paved bike trails, no snow, beach, or mtb trails yet. Fat bikes are definitely different but having a great time so far.

I've been thinking more about 1x11 and want to get a list of stuff needed so I can keep my eyes peeled for deals and get parts as money and deals become available. Can I use the existing 32t middle chainring thats on the bike currently and just remove the 22t, and replace the 44t chainring with a bashguard and call that good? Or is there more to it than that?

for the rear thinking about going
    -Sunrace csmx8-eaz (11-46) 11 speed cassette
    -Shimano RD-M8000-GS rear derailleur
    -Shimano SL-M8000-R shifter

Is there anything else I would need to go 1x11 while utilizing the current middle chainring and going with Sunrace and Shimano XT components in the rear?
    Last edited by dcswindler4; 12-18-2018 at 06:31 AM.

D20
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Just got a DD10

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to road bike only, but now i only want to ride in the woods! It's a great workout and it is so much fun!!!

I am however wanting to go tubeless. Has anyone done this with the stock rims successfully? If so I'd love to hear.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by D20 View Post
    Just got a DD10

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to road bike only, but now i only want to ride in the woods! It's a great workout and it is so much fun!!!

I am however wanting to go tubeless. Has anyone done this with the stock rims successfully? If so I'd love to hear.
    Congrats on the purchase, I'm new to it as well and its definitely addicting.

I'm unsure about tubeless on the stock rims. I guess it depends on what year it is and accuracy of info i've read. The earlier model DD's we're considered not tubeless ready, but I've heard reports of people saying they've updated the rims either this year or last year and they're tubeless ready. I cannot give a definitive answer so you'll have to do more digging or bite the bullet and give it a shot...or wait for someone to confirm or deny.

D20
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dcswindler4 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase, I'm new to it as well and its definitely addicting.

I'm unsure about tubeless on the stock rims. I guess it depends on what year it is and accuracy of info i've read. The earlier model DD's we're considered not tubeless ready, but I've heard reports of people saying they've updated the rims either this year or last year and they're tubeless ready. I cannot give a definitive answer so you'll have to do more digging or bite the bullet and give it a shot...or wait for someone to confirm or deny.
    Many thanks!

So i just got my DD10 converted tubeless by a local bike shop. I rode about 30 miles so far tubeless and so far...no issues at all. Reading that ppl were having issues with tubeless scared me a bit, but I just went for it. My bike is at 29 lbs currently and I just love riding this thing!

I will say that the shop that did the tubeless conversion said they used Gorilla tape first and then used rim tape. They said the way they did it the Gorilla tape won't leave a residue behind though. 4 oz of Orange Seal as well in each tire. I'm not running a super low psi though. I think currently I'm running 14 psi.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D20 View Post
    Just got a DD10

I have a set of OEM wheels off an '18 DD70 (no cut outs), they set up easily with a wrap of Whisky tubeless tape and 4 oz of Stan's. The rims are pinned so I had some air leaking from the seam initially but it sealed up quickly and haven't lost any air since. I've been running them for a month now with no air loss, impressed so far.
    '18 Norco Ithaqua SL
    '16 Salsa Bucksaw GX1
    '14 Salsa Mukluk 2

D20
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat-in-Fundy View Post
    I have a set of OEM wheels off an '18 DD70 (no cut outs), they set up easily with a wrap of Whisky tubeless tape and 4 oz of Stan's. The rims are pinned so I had some air leaking from the seam initially but it sealed up quickly and haven't lost any air since. I've been running them for a month now with no air loss, impressed so far.
    I told a buddy of mine that i Felt (see what i did there haha) like i was i heard air loss while i was riding, but now i don't hear it anymore. In my case it could be the same as what you experienced. No air loss since here either. Loving it!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016

DD70 FSA crown race

The Felt DD Thread - DD70, DD30 and DD10-20190217_114031.jpg
    Hi,
    I would like to fit a Bluto and buy a new crown race instead of a complete headset. Can anyone advise which fsa headset is fitted. I intend to swop fork back again if I go bike packing. I don't intend to go bigger than the stock jumbo jims so I think the Bluto is an good choice for my ride experience.

Thanks

peter