FatLab hubs : thoughts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

FatLab hubs : thoughts?

BTI | Disc FatBike Hubs from FatLab

Not a huge player in the market, but look like decent mid-range units. Not high end but not super cheap either. Anyone happen to have any personal experiences or thoughts based upon given specs?

I am looking for a set of decent mid-range hubs to build a new wheelset for my fatty and wondering how these stack up. (Will be getting laced to nextie 65mm rims.)

All fat, all the time.
    Gotta be a typo in there somewhere...

"9x170mm and 9x190mm QR rears convert to 12x150mm TA frame using adapter FY-4858"

mtbr member
    11nine Bikes spec their bikes with some FatLabs parts. Hubs, Rims and Cranks at least.

mtbr member
    Not alot of info on these on the Fatlab page. How many bearings? Their FB page shows a blue freehub body with what looks like steel inserts on multiple splines, which I like. I'm not familiar with BTI, but when I pulled up local distributors, I got the phone book - literally every bike shop in the valley. Is BTI somewhere in between a J&B and QBP ? I'm not sold on hopes, and while my Novatec's are holding up well, the nightmare of servicing and finding parts makes them a no go for future projects. If BTI access is that ubiquitous, then hopefully finding service parts for these Fatlab hubs would be easier. I'm interested. Does anyone have more info on these?

turtles make me hot
    I just held a BHS hub up to the zoomed image of these hubs and they look very similar... Like maybe the same parts. That would be cool. Does anyone know what these cost? I need hubs for my son's 907 like yesterday.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    I get the same thing, with at least half of the semi local bike shops showing up as distributors. I wondered also, if it wasn't just like QBP.

I might stop by the shop this week to inquire. I'm also curious on pricing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Bti is just another distributor. I know my LBS works with them so I use the site for reference, stock etc. I was quoted ~$250 for the set of hubs

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    So any one have any time on these? My fatboy rear hub sh!t the bed and I'm looking to replace it. Is the hope a better bet?

turtles make me hot
    I have the Hope on my 190mm bike after ruining a 907 hub. It's definitely nice.

I want to get one of these in hand possibly for my son. Going to start trying tomorrow.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Guys, I am Marvin the owner and productmanager/designer of Fatlab components and cycles.

Thanks for checking out our products and i am here to answer questions relating our products.

Our hubs are made in taiwan and they are newly designed without using any parts from other hub vendors. we have invested in our own forging tooling and make symmetrical hubs for all kind of fatbikes and also for the new boost (148) standard as used on the FATlab titanium 650b+ hard tail that will debut next month.

Our hubs are using a 6 pawl system that is similar to that as used by Reynolds for their High end road and MTB hubs and it is a good system and easily available when it comes to spare parts.

We use an end cap system that makes our hub easy to modify from 190/170 to 197/177 and we also offer more end caps versions than most other brands ... you need a difficult spec we got it! All our hubs are cnc machined from cold forged 6061 alloy and our cassette drivers are made from AL 7075 T651 alloy.

Our products are distributed in the USA by BTi and they also stock our tubeless rims and all spare parts for our hubs. Our hubs might look a lot like other brands hubs but that has nothing to do with copying or purchasing from the same vendor .... all hubs look alike the difference is in the details and inside! We offer a design that works well with all rim widths and can be bult with similar length spokes left and right and makes a stronger more durable wheel .... check out most other hub shell designs they have an offset flange position which might not be seen at first but it is noticed when riding!

best regards,
    Marvin Besselink
    Last edited by FATlab; 01-26-2015 at 09:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Well not to crap on marvins parade but I have a fat lab hub. It is definitely halo....the hub rolls smooth with a nice engagement. However with only 20 miles mine developed a funky cruchny clicking noise. Got it back to my shop and took it apart. Found a sliver of metal sheared off the leading edge of a pawl. I cleaned out the grease cleaned up some of the gouged hubshell with a dremel and smoothed the edge of the busted pawl. Put it all back together and did about eight miles and so far so good. The precision and material of the Pawl manufacturing may need to be improved.

Someone asked about bearings and they use a much better bearing then what's inside a hope. I wouldn't trust a hope hub, nothing but problems. I hope American classic comes out with a fatty hub soon

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer650 View Post
    Well not to crap on marvins parade but I have a fat lab hub. It is definitely halo....the hub rolls smooth with a nice engagement. However with only 20 miles mine developed a funky cruchny clicking noise. Got it back to my shop and took it apart. Found a sliver of metal sheared off the leading edge of a pawl. I cleaned out the grease cleaned up some of the gouged hubshell with a dremel and smoothed the edge of the busted pawl. Put it all back together and did about eight miles and so far so good. The precision and material of the Pawl manufacturing may need to be improved.

Someone asked about bearings and they use a much better bearing then what's inside a hope. I wouldn't trust a hope hub, nothing but problems. I hope American classic comes out with a fatty hub soon

Hi Tracer,

FATlab hubs are not HALO hubs ! we have our own tooling and shape there are distinct changes made in order to have a different hub and in our opinion a better hub as well.

The problem you are experiencing is one that has to do with hub/axle bending and this is a problem we are solving right now. The aluminum axles are ok for 177/170mm hubs but they are not ok for 190/197mm hubs because those bend more than usual and that results in pawls that misalign and can chew up a bit of your hubshell. Your hub was standard in a wheelset supplied by RSD on a major if i am right and you will be able to get a replacement axle from RSD soon free of charge in order to make sure that does not happen anymore.

Also we have found that the grease we use is not suitable for north american cold weather circumstances and we would recommend you use a marine grease that can withstand salt and lower temperatures better.
    We have decided that for the customers that purchase our hubs for these circumstances we will start to use this grease on their next orders.

Concerning your wish to have american classic hubs , please look at our facebookpage : https://www.facebook.com/FatlabCompo...type=3&theater

then you see that our higher end model with The BLUE driver is actually a American Classic hub which we sell and co brand as well!

They are available through BTI soon !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I appreciate a company that can publicly acknowledge a problem instead of deny it and lie to their customers. This is a perfectly good reason to support fat lab. I still think your hub and halo hub is basically the same. I like the ac free hub body and engagement design. These could be the hubs for my light wheels next year.

Also your either a stalker or you know there aren't many of those hubs in the states.

Regarding grease. I actually use Phil tenacious oil on the Pawlenty in the shell and then a light coating of Phil grease on the pawl face and body splines. Works like a charm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Tracer,

Thanks that's the only way to get better in the end !! I am not the kind of guy that eschews from talking to customers and dealers around the world because we like to do things different then other brands and are more approachable then most probably.

I live and work in Taiwan and i am originally dutch and have over 20 years of experience in the bike industry and worked for a lot of companies where things where done differently and i started my own company in order to do things the way i believe its best for us and our customers.

Thanks for the support , we will need it in this tough market! I answer direct on forums for a number of reasons, there are people out there that know bikes and a lot that don't and it's important to gather information on my product directly from end consumers and respond to that fast so we can improve our products if needed. Forums can make or break product and most peoples on forums are not aware of the financial consequences that can come from that , making products like ours is not just visiting a hub maker and slamming a decal on an existing design, we have spent 4 years cooperating with Sandman from Belgium and their test riders to make good hubs and we keep on racing them in order to make sure they remain functioning properly and fit the changing demands on the fatbike market.

regarding the Stalker issue, haha no i am not no worries there but you are right on the other point there are not many hubs that went to the usa before because we have started to ramp up our production with great care in order to make sure all is going the way we want. RSD was the first brand that used FATlab hubs and it was even a bit before we made the final step from just selling to other brands and creating the FATlab brand. We have been developing FATbike parts for over 4 years and found it was time to do our own products no standard of the shelf stuff for us anymore because it just doesn't work well enough !

BTi has now received there first delivery and we have also been delivering rims and hubs to several brands like Sandman, 11nine, Maxx Cycles, Petrichor Cycles and Grom Cycles and in Australia our parts are sold as Dice Parts and Co , our distributor (Dirtworks Australia PTY) there is a long term customer and we helped them to create their own brands and allow them to sell our parts under their label.

Thanks for the grease info i know their stuff but have no acces to it over here in Taiwan, will need to get some over and check it out soon!

best regards
    Marvin

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was looking at your rims in the BTI catalog. Can you confirm the weight on those? They have a weight listed but It seems too low for an alloy 80mm rim

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Tracer,

Yes we can and right now sometimes we also can't !

Our first 2 production runs where all below 800grs but slowly we have noticed that our first production dye for the extrusion is wearing out a bit faster than expected. We however will make a new dye in order to get to the desired weight again asap! Currently the rims are around 870grs depending on number of holes and surface finish, that is still the lightest alloy Tubeless rim in the market without extra cutouts and probably one of the more stable rims as well!!

Considering your remark that our weight is TOO low for Alloy i don't agree , it depends on how you design your shape and wall thicknesses. this is where we go a bit further then other brands in order to make that rolling mass decrease to near carbon levels but at a much lower cost then carbon. This should make lighter wheel availability easier for a bigger group of riders so we can all enjoy our fatbike rides more then before and go tubeless easier without adding 100grs of gorilla tape and rim strip to most current "lightweight" cutout rims which then again results in tire fitting issues, needlessly to discuss the stability of a rim with cutouts ... no need to be a professor and see that its not the way to do things, we find our weight savings elsewhere and remain stable in the process!

Where others just buy a rim and slap a decal on it we invest in extrusion tooling and forming jigs in order to get you what you need and have more fun!

mtbr member
    Completely OT but I really dig your logo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sorry Marvin what I should of said was that the BTI catalog seemed like it was wrong. I don't have it in front of me but I believe they had a weight listed in the 500 gram range

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Tracer,

our weights are as following:

26x55 between 599 and 620grs
    27.5x55 between 639 and 655grs
    29x55 between 660 and 675grs

26x80 originaly 795grs now around 870grs but we will be back at 800 !!

Ill check with BTI and inform them if there is any mistyping !!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I checked it and they have displayed the 26x55mm info at the 80mm ..... will have them correct it !

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    If it were my choice on rear hub selection, I would do the strongest axle possible, composed of material that had similar thermal properties to the bearings which hold it in place (think of -20 degree riding, and what that might do to tolerances).

I would also consider utilizing the best quality bearings. I am not talking about any dumb ceramic bearings, maybe angular contact (Chris King) or enduro abec-5. I really seams like the free hub bearings are taking a beating on these 190mm rear hubs. Maybe stemming from tolerance issues?

Stop using alum for fh bodies. Go steel.....PLEASE!!

I would take a good look at White Industries Snowhite for the best combo of quality, materials, and correct lubrication for all conditions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I know hope makes some stainless steel axles for their regular 142 hubs . They also make a steel and an alloy free hub body. I love the way ac does their free hub. Alloy with a plate to prevent it from gouging.

I was kind of skeptical of the 190mm spacing with a regular qr and now I know I was right to be. For the most part it will be fine. I can say for sure I don't think a 42t cog on this current hub would be all that smart.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Marvin, I see BTI lists the 12x177 rear @ 338 grams and your FB page lists the same hub @ 286 grams ?
    Do you have a Canadian Distributor ?
    I take it your only doing these in black ?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Marvin thank you for your presence in this thread. It is this level of communication from a company that is convincing me to use these hubs on my next build. I have a question concerning the 135/170 hubs. Are there endcaps to be able to convert to a bolt thru setup? My bike has standard dropouts and it would be a nice upgrade to beef up the axles a bit.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I don't believe that actual bolt-thru axles for those sizes even exist. Maybe that's a market For FATlab to get into? There's definitely interest
    Last edited by bad andy; 01-27-2015 at 12:18 PM.

mtbr member
    More info on the American Classic version. I like the idea of the freehub reinforcement to prevent gouging.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Bad Andy is onto something. I wouldn't mind haveing a stiffer solid bolt on axle in this thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Yeah. Nobody makes them. 10x135 yes, but 10x170 no. I'm not even sure the 10x135 would work... Most front standard dropouts (non-fatbike at least) are all 9mm, I'm not sure that was carried over to fatbikes or not. Possibly not since the 135 hub standard is based on a 10mm axle anyway, so maybe the 10x135 fits the front. Don't know as I have no hub that offers this! (Yet?)

mtbr member
    BA ,my 135/170 Fatback has those beefy thru-bolts.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/10m...bs-905850.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TORQUE-29er View Post
    BA ,my 135/170 Fatback has those beefy thru-bolts.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/10m...bs-905850.html

T- you're right. Fatback does make the skewers. But they won't sell them without their hubs. D'oh!

Marvin, when will BTI have stock of the hub with the AC free hub/steel inserts? Or can that freehub body be added later to the standard version already in stock at BTI? (#FY-4541)

mtbr member
    Is there somewhere to get hub measurements for the 12 x 197 hub? Planning on ordering this and spokes, but need some hub dimensions to be able to move forward.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    T- you're right. Fatback does make the skewers. But they won't sell them without their hubs. D'oh!

Marvin, when will BTI have stock of the hub with the AC free hub/steel inserts? Or can that freehub body be added later to the standard version already in stock at BTI? (#FY-4541)
    No way an American classic free hub design will convert to the current hubs. You should look them up they are very unique in their operation. It's not just a steel insert on an alloy body..

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    That's not exactly my question. Just looking for a little clarification from MArvin as he mentions here: "Concerning your wish to have american classic hubs , please look at our facebookpage : https://www.facebook.com/FatlabCompo...type=3&theater

then you see that our higher end model with The BLUE driver is actually a American Classic hub which we sell and co brand as well!

They are available through BTI soon !!"

The facebook link shows a hub with a blue alu freehub body with AC-style inserts. This hub is not yet available on BTI. So my question is basically If I buy the hub that is currently available on BTI, can it be upgraded later with the blue free hub? Or is it only compatible with the hub it is sold with?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    .............it's not. It's a different hub shell

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hub broke for the second time today. Time to take the wheel apart and get something different

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Anyone, how many POE on the fatlab rear hub? Tnx
    d butt u kicked today, could b d same butt you'll kiss tomorrow.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    None. Mine has none

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Tracer,

RSD has received spare axles by now sorry this took a while that is the downside of Asian manufacturing we always need to wait a long time until we get replacement parts !

The steel axle and a new driver or even only new pawls will fix your hub so no need to replace a complete rear hub and build a new wheel. Please contact RSD they will send the part needed over so you can be on your way without troubles asap!

@ Bad Andy, the FATlab by AC hubs are a different hub design and are made at American Classic and parts cannot be swapped between our standard FATlab hubs and the FATlab by AC hubs , sorry for that. BTI will start stocking these so your LBS can place order to them if you want them.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by skeered1 View Post
    Anyone, how many POE on the fatlab rear hub? Tnx
    Good question! I have become quite partial to the 108 that my trials bike has, so now anything less is a sloppy feel before engagement.

As for BTI, their buyers are strung out on black and silver. Friggen boring bastards!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FATlab View Post
    Hi Tracer,

RSD has received spare axles by now sorry this took a while that is the downside of Asian manufacturing we always need to wait a long time until we get replacement parts !

The steel axle and a new driver or even only new pawls will fix your hub so no need to replace a complete rear hub and build a new wheel. Please contact RSD they will send the part needed over so you can be on your way without troubles asap!

@ Bad Andy, the FATlab by AC hubs are a different hub design and are made at American Classic and parts cannot be swapped between our standard FATlab hubs and the FATlab by AC hubs , sorry for that. BTI will start stocking these so your LBS can place order to them if you want them.
    Any info on POE count? tnx

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Wish I had the answer. I've only one ride on mine so far, but they feel good. Improvement over the stock on-one units I had.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    FatLab hubs : thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1427126924997.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Damn, Tracer!
    Free riding your fatty is not recommended!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I should change my handle to breakstuff

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I would go with "Sir Snaps-A-Alot"

Rippin da fAt
    ^ What he said!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Any info on POE count? tnx
    Hi Skeered , our hubs have 30 Point of Engagement i assume that was what you meant by POE, sorry for answering late on this matter. Our drivers have 6 pawls !!

Furthermore i would like to explain the matter we have with axles in combination with a normal qr for 190mm hubs, due to heavier riders using these hubs they tend to bend and we found out that it only affects the normal QR versions in 190 mm , for these hubs we have fabricated new cro-mo axles in order to address this issue. All RSD customers will receive a new axle and when needed new pawls to rebuild their existing hubs so they are strong enough and can go back to riding them asap!

All our other hub specs are not affected by this issue it is only a case with 190 in combination with a normal QR (qr axle od 5.2mm) all 197/12 177/12 hubs work fine and are strong enough !

best regards,

FATlab components
    Marvin

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ^^^ thanks, Marvin

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xc71 View Post
    I would go with "Sir Snaps-A-Alot"
    He rides fatbikes and he can not lie..

mtbr member
    I busted the hub on my fatboy, replacement wheel was sent with a new hub and a steel axle, no problems so far, but the first aluminum ones are breaking when ridden reasonably, I am an old and slow rider, so breaking mine was an ego boost....

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by xc71 View Post
    Marvin, I see BTI lists the 12x177 rear @ 338 grams and your FB page lists the same hub @ 286 grams ?
    Do you have a Canadian Distributor ?
    I take it your only doing these in black ?
    Thanks
    Hi XC71 , sorry for my late reply, the 338gr hub is a FATlab standard hub and the 248gr version is a special FATlab by AC hub (American Classic) these can also be ordered through BTI and are only supplied in Black for now. for our standrad FATlab hub we will have a few colors coming later this season pls follow our facebookpage to stay in the loop!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Tracer, yep guilty thats our axle , can you inform me about your weight and how long you have ridden the axle this would help us in finding a way to not just settle for a promo axle but develop a lighter option that stays in one piece as well !!

so i would need your weight, tire pressure being ridden , moment it broke in a small description of the situation under which it happened and how many miles you have ridden the axle in total.

you can PM that to me or write it here thanks in advance !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm about 240 geared up to ride with a pack. Hub have trouble right away. Maybe has 100miles max. I repaired it once after a piece of a pawl sheared off. It was good for a ride or two then started to pop and clunk till it finay blew up on a climb. It worked for the snow rides since they were much slower pace with moderate grades. Both times it stopped working were on more aggressive rides in the dirtq

Rippin da fAt
    He rides fatbikes and he can not lie..
    What ever you do, don't let him rider your bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    And the hub is all back together again. New steel axle, 6 pawls and a new driver. Lots of metal cleaned out of it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Tracer, That is good news keep me posted on its function i need to be aware of any issue that might come up , sorry for being a victim of this issue and thanks for the support and feedback so far !

did you get the part of riding time weight etc pls send me a message for that when you can !

best regards
    Marvin

Rippin da fAt
    Tracer's gonna go out and freeride it and let us know if it survives!

Glad you are back up and rolling, Tracer.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Follow up report, New axle driver and pawls. 25 miles of flowy single track. Hub worked flawlessly. Got airborne a bunch of times. Grinded it out on some climbs and mashed on it out of the saddle. It's tight! Thanks for getting everything squared up asap. Major Props to RSD and Fatlab!

mtbr member
    Do your 190mm hubs come with a skewer?
    Trust me, I have a beard and gray hair.

Rippin da fAt
    Follow up report, New axle driver and pawls. 25 miles of flowy single track. Hub worked flawlessly. Got airborne a bunch of times. Grinded it out on some climbs and mashed on it out of the saddle. It's tight! Thanks for getting everything squared up asap. Major Props to RSD and Fatlab!
    Good to hear, Tracer. Let the rides begin!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    WOW! I've taken repeated air with my Mayor on my 1 minute loop in the backyard. I've hit this jump over 100 times and had no issues with my hub so far.

I did find that the o-rings we a little flimsy and ended up shredding one. Got replacements from the hardware store and am good to go.

Ipso Facto
    Marvin,

Is there a place you can steer me for build specs of the rear hub? I need to order spokes for a hub I just bought and can't find the info.

Thanks, Wil

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Marvin,
    I just emailed RSD ([email protected]) as I just experienced the exact same hub issues as Tracer650 with my 190mm QR hub, minus the broken axle. Last night I cleaned out the metal shards, smoothed everything out and regreased. the funky grinding feeling and sound is now gone, but haven't gone out for a proper mtb ride yet. I assume it'll happen again as I only had about 100mi on the hub. I weight about 190 all geared up and was not even climbing when the issue occurred. let me know if you need any more info.
    Thanks,
    Wade

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Pedal the planet sent replacement chromoly axle. RSD sending pawls. Great cust service

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    From I can read these hubs are working out pretty good so where can we purchase them?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    try pedal the planet

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks found it at bikeparts.com but my LBS already ordered a Hope hub and told them to install Eudora bearings since the Hope's bearings are not working out that good from the forum

Ipso Facto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
    From I can read these hubs are working out pretty good so where can we purchase them?

Thanks
    BTI carries them. Your LBS shouldn't have a problem getting them for you.

mtbr member
    I think my local shop charged me $85 less than what Jenson had them listed for at the time. Definitely worth a check.

I've probably got close to 1500 miles on mine without issue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Got a funny feeling that I'll be buying some soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    FATLAB 190mm QR hub is popping yet again on my Mayor, even after putting in the Chromo/steel axle Pedal the Planet sent me to replace the aluminum one. I also had in the new pawls RSD sent. Last night I cleaned out shards of metal from around the pawls inside of it. I know that if this was thru-axle in the rear I prob wouldn't have this problem. contacting RSD again

Quote Originally Posted by wadedro View Post
    Marvin,
    I just emailed RSD ([email protected]) as I just experienced the exact same hub issues as Tracer650 with my 190mm QR hub, minus the broken axle. Last night I cleaned out the metal shards, smoothed everything out and regreased. the funky grinding feeling and sound is now gone, but haven't gone out for a proper mtb ride yet. I assume it'll happen again as I only had about 100mi on the hub. I weight about 190 all geared up and was not even climbing when the issue occurred. let me know if you need any more info.
    Thanks,
    Wade

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by wadedro View Post
    FATLAB 190mm QR hub is popping yet again on my Mayor, even after putting in the Chromo/steel axle Pedal the Planet sent me to replace the aluminum one. I also had in the new pawls RSD sent. Last night I cleaned out shards of metal from around the pawls inside of it. I know that if this was thru-axle in the rear I prob wouldn't have this problem. contacting RSD again
    Sorry guys for not being responsive for a while busy as hell over here!

Other then the RSD Major spec that is normal qr 190 we have no serious issues with our hubs. Installing the coo-moly axle we supplied as replacements to RSD and in case the pawls and driver are damaged also replacing those should fix the issue.

if further problems occur with one of you please in case of contacting RSD also cc me per email at [email protected] so i can follow up faster as i am not constantly looking up the thread !!

best regards,
    Marvin

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FATlab View Post
    Sorry guys for not being responsive for a while busy as hell over here!

Other then the RSD Major spec that is normal qr 190 we have no serious issues with our hubs. Installing the coo-moly axle we supplied as replacements to RSD and in case the pawls and driver are damaged also replacing those should fix the issue.

if further problems occur with one of you please in case of contacting RSD also cc me per email at [email protected] so i can follow up faster as i am not constantly looking up the thread !!

best regards,
    Marvin

issue was resolved with a new driver, which RSD sent me after we had a quick phone call last week (NOTE, RSD customer service is fantastic!!!! Alex is great).

The problem was the original driver got worn out when I was still riding with the alum axle that came with the orig hub, prior to RSD sending me the ChroMo axle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i echo the sentiment regarding RSD's fantastic service. i too have a mayor with fatlab hubs and i upgraded to the GX drivetrain. had some issue with the pawls initially but alex was awesome to deal with.

mtbr member
    Info is still pretty scarce on these hubs. Interested in building up a wheelset but can't find the building specs anywhere. Does anyone have the specs on a 12x177 rear, boost 12x110 front and possibly a 15x150 front?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

fatlab hub dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Hobine View Post
    Info is still pretty scarce on these hubs. Interested in building up a wheelset but can't find the building specs anywhere. Does anyone have the specs on a 12x177 rear, boost 12x110 front and possibly a 15x150 front?
    Hi guys we have been crazy busy with our new line of plusbikes and wheels etc and we have also worked on a full FATlab cycles and Components Catalogue , the components catalogue has all information on wheelbuilds needed inside and if you want one before its available from the site send an email to [email protected] and ill get it to you!

Best Regards,
    marvin

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Does anyone know if these guys are still around? Trying to purchase a set of hubs and no response from them. There is no distributor in my country for FL - Canada.

mtbr member
    From Florida to Cananda? You mean the US?

From what i understand you can order them at your local shop through BTI.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkerik View Post
    From Florida to Cananda? You mean the US?

From what i understand you can order them at your local shop through BTI.
    No, I meant no Distributor in Canada for Fat Labs.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I recently bought some wheels from Nextie that came with Fatlab hubs. I have had no problems with them so far.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Dear Forum members FATlab is alive and kicking we just do not have a proper distributor in the USA and deliver through DG Cycles in NH or direct from Taiwan

if you have questions or want to order products from us please email: [email protected] and we will take care. we ship free of charge on orders above USD 499,-- and have friendly rates on orders below that amount. we accept paypal so things can be done smoooth and fast !!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Weird, I emailed you guys several times trying to purchase hubs but never got a reply??
    I see BTi no longer has your hubs available.

Rippin da fAt
    BTI seems to stop carrying lines frequently.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...