Fatillac for sale.- Mtbr.com
    This place needs an enema

Fatillac for sale.

LenzSport Fatillac. Size medium.

I'm 5'10" and I love the way it fits. I'd say it's apropos for normally proportioned people in the range of 5'7" to 5'11".

I built this bike brand new, every part, late this past February.

I rode it a tiny bit in March (not much because it was still too snowy) and then 2-3 times a week through April and May.

And then basically didn't touch it until I plucked it from it's hook to clean it up to take these pictures.

I have a standing rule that any bike that hasn't been used in 2 months is *gone*. This one just sat for 4. Time to go.

The pics below tell most of the story. Happy to send them in full-res.

These are 27.5" wheels with 3.8" tires. Kind of the best of all possible worlds when you're looking for an equal blend of float, speed, and rollover capability.

Rear shock is a Monarch RT3 Debonair, 200 x 51mm stroke. All pics here show the bike with 5" levers, but I have the 6" versions as well. You can have one or the other, or both for a bit more.

Fork is a Fox 34 Boost, with 150mm travel. It came new as 120mm. I installed a new air shaft and bath oil to increase it by 30mm. I probably have the 120mm shaft if you'd like to experiment with it.

I built this bike with a very specific purpose in mind: To be able to comfortably, quickly, and efficiently ride pavement, gravel, and singletrack en route to or from what I *really* prefer to be riding: washes, arroyos, and 'off piste' rock.

Knowing that these zones are messy, chossy, far from groomed, I opted for an 11 speed drivetrain, because 11 speed derailleurs have a much smaller form factor (they hang out less into harm's way) than 12 speed. I opted for a 46t cassette so that I'd still have stump-pulling uphill torque when needed.

Fork stanchions are clean, smoove, perfect.

Bars are the integrated Syncros Hixon IC SL. 50mm effective stem reach, 760mm width.

Cork grips because they're comfy in a wide range of temperatures.

I ran this bike with twist shifting most of the time because I'm habituated to it. I installed the above trigger shifter today: Brand new.

Brakes are XT. 4 piston front, 2 piston rear, 180mm rotors on both ends.

125mm Reverb Stealth, WTB Volt ti.

The bike wasn't a garage queen: There are a handful of scratches on both the frame and fork lower legs, in the places you'd expect on a bike ridden in the desert.

I had a custom frame bag made for it. It (and the top tube bag pictured) is included in the total price, but both can be excluded if desired.

Cane Creek headset. 110 lower cup, Viscoset external cup. It is set on max damping right now and that's the way I always rode it. Damping can be removed completely if desired -- it's a pretty simple and slick system.

DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT SuperComp triple butted spokes, DT Prolock nipples. Some dust visible because I rarely powerwash my bikes and *never* spray my hubs.

4 piston caliper up front, 2 piston out back.

Not pictured well above: Cranks are RaceFace Next carbon, BB is an RWC ceramic bearing unit, chainring is a 28t Wolftooth oval. There are lots of titanium bolts on the bike.

I've written volumes about this chassis over the years that I've owned them. The bike is as dialed as any bike I've ever owned, but I've just not been riding it. Not for a lack of terrain -- there is heaps of it out the front, side, and back doors. Nope, I'm not riding it because none of my friends have a bike anywhere near as capable, so when I ride it I end up riding solo.

Riding solo is good sometimes -- but I've had a literal lifetime of it already. And because none of my riding partners is even considering adding another bike to their quiver, it makes sense for me to divest myself of this one.

Price=$5000 firm, and includes everything pictured above, as well as shipping to the lower 48.

Please don't bother with lowball offers. The bike is worth every penny and more of my asking price, and I'm in no hurry to sell it.

If you're seriously considering this bike, these are some options that we can discuss:

-5" levers, 6" levers, or both.

-RockShox rear shock pictured, also have a DT Swiss unit that works great on this bike for certain applications.

-29" wheelset appropriate for 2.6" or 2.8" tires, making this bike a 3-season quiver killer. This chassis can fit up to 2.8's, but not 3.0's.

-Frame bag and top tube 'gas tank' can be deleted for credit.

-I have 24t and 26t chainrings for it.

Interested?

[email protected]

Also, the bike is located in Grand Junction, Colorado. Pick it up here and save $125. Or I'll meet you halfway between Denver, Durango, or Salt Lake and save you $60.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Iím interested. Whatís the widest tire you could put on here for winter fat biking? Iím in Carbondale.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratefulone View Post
    Iím interested. Whatís the widest tire you could put on here for winter fat biking? Iím in Carbondale.

I have a dedicated snowbike, so I've never tried to run anything bigger than 3.8" on this one. Probably not bigger than 4.0. Definitely not 4.5".

I'm in GJ and will be in the shop all week if you want to come down and ogle/ride it.