Fatbike SS cogs -- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Fatbike SS cogs -

Single Speeders - what gear are you riding?
    The best thing for me to do is just pick a rear cog in my cluster and see if I can stick with it/no shifting before I go purchase a $49 Absolute Black cog. That's what I'll end up doing - but I'm curious about ratios you guys have settled into for Summer riding. This means my 29+ Chupie wheels as well. For the rare snow trip the mech is going back on I think.

For the old school 26" bike, 32/20 worked for me - my Farley comes with a 28t chain ring. I'm guessing I'll settle in at 28/18.

Discuss
    Last edited by Gambit21; 12-17-2015 at 02:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I ride 33/24, it works well for me. I like to stay seated most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit21 View Post
    Single Speeders - what gear are you riding?
    The best thing for me to do is just pick a rear cog in my cluster and see if I can stick with it/no shifting before I go purchase a $49 Absolute Black cog. That's what I'll end up doing - but I'm curious about ratios you guys have settled into for Summer riding. This means my 29+ Chupie wheels as well. For the rare snow trip the mech is going back on I think.

For the old school 26" bike, 32/20 worked for me - my Farley comes with a 28t chain ring. I'm guessing I'll settle in at 20/18.

Discuss
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76 Flickr

is buachail foighneach me
    Search function on this forum sucks(it's overwhelmed), but there is a thread on the fornt page right now that answers this question, no searching needed. http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/sin...ds-820822.html There are a few more as well if you google it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks, seen it. Just looking for new/fresh input since there might be some new SSer's around.

WNC Native
    I've ran 32x21 on a couple bikes and 30x20 on one. Taking delivery of another SS fat bike today and I'm going to go a tad easier this time at 32x22. A lot depends on your terrain!

I'm in western NC and my rides tend to have at least 100' per mile of elevation gain. I do have some hefty climbs in Pisgah though.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew