Steering Box Scraper #1

Fat Bike sizing... Beargrease more specifically

I'm venturing over the fat bike side and have my eye on a Beargrease. My concern is sizing. I ride a 58 in Gravel and Road bikes, the side says it for people 188cm and taller. The guy who is selling it is less than 1" taller and says it fits fine. I'm worried XL is super long and will stretch me way out. Height wise he's running his saddle 7mm taller than I normally do on my gravel bike.

I'm searching for input. The price point is right and it's pretty close to home. Which isn't the story for most bikes I've looked at.
    Anthony

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubStyle View Post
    I'm venturing over the fat bike side and have my eye on a Beargrease. My concern is sizing. I ride a 58 in Gravel and Road bikes, the side says it for people 188cm and taller. The guy who is selling it is less than 1" taller and says it fits fine. I'm worried XL is super long and will stretch me way out. Height wise he's running his saddle 7mm taller than I normally do on my gravel bike.

I'm searching for input. The price point is right and it's pretty close to home. Which isn't the story for most bikes I've looked at.
    I'd say go ride it. I typically ride a Large on almost all bike or a 56cm on road/gravel bikes. I rode an XL beargrease 2016 model no problem, and I didn't feel too stretch, the person had a stem that was longer than a broom stick. I say if he's not far, take it for a spin and see how comfortable you feel on it, I'm 5'11 and you being a but taller, I'd say you should be fine, but I'm sure more folks can chime in and give you more opinions. Either way, it's an awesome bike.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Steering Box Scraper #1
    Thank you Vto2.0 for the response. I'll go ride it.
    Anthony

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I ride a 58 in road and gravel and I ride the xl mukluk. I tried the xl fatboy and the xl bear grease and the mukluk just felt more like my style. I'll bet you'll be just fine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    58 road and L beargrease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk