Fat Bike Fantasy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Fat Bike Fantasy

Hey Fat Bike lovers, thought you might dig this. It may become an annual trek. Any other fatty lovers down next year?

I can’t sleep anymore. I sit up at night fantasizing about my upcoming adventure along the beaches of Mexico. Come the first week of December, myself, Dirty Biker of Drunk Cyclist fame, Action sports photographer and Colrado resident Devon Balet, and our buddy Travis Mcmaster (Marin, WTB, Pioneer S&M), will be taking a four day viaje fantástico en bicicleta from La Cholla, Sonora, Mexico, roughly 240 miles through salt flats, the Colorado River Delta, and down into Yuma. The trip will keep us on beaches and singletrack atop our Surly Pugsleys and Salsa Mukluks. We will be fully self supported and pack in/out all our food, hydration, and other randomness. The 3.7 inch tired bikes will be running at 10-15 psi, and we will follow the crest line of the water just as it crashes into the beach. Nothing but bros, bikes, tequilas, and who really cares for four-five days straight, 24 hours a day, rain or shine. I will also be blogging about it on our Sunday Cycles Facebook page and of course on the blog I’m boring you with right now.

Stay tuned to our blog: [COLOR="Red"]http://bicyclesphoenix.com/, Drunkcyclist.com, http://travismcmaster.blogspot.com/]Blog of Travis McMaster[/url][/COLOR], and Devon Balet Photo during the week of our trip. Those blogs will be blowing up with updates and picks.

How does one prepare for a ride like this? Drink lots of tequila, practice laughing til you puke, ride a 65 pound bike up hill in sand at 10psi? Heck, I have no clue, but nosotros tres amigos are gonna have one heck of an adventure.

Name:  mex.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  41.0 KB

This is the crazy journey I will be headed on starting next Friday. Totally uncharted, on fat bikes, through Mexico, and fully self supported. WTF are we getting ourselves into. Who knows, but if were all lucky, you will hear about it a week from Wednesday. Sunday Cycles Bike Shop meets Drunk Cyclist meets single speed phenom, meets world class action sports photographer.

We will be taking a “Phoenix to Rocky Point Shuttle” which we will have to pay for the entire vans seats as they will be required to remove all the seats to accommodate our fat bikes. Its looking like roughly 200 miles in deep sand and never ridden loose single track through Mexico, salt flats, the Colorado River Delta, across the river, through Glamis National Sand Dunes, and down into Yuma for a luxury filled Winnebago ride home.

This is the inaugural fiesta, and we have a great crew for our virginal voyage. We will be riding fat bikes: Surly Pugsley, Salsa Mukluk. As for now, a fat bike, poor decision making, an iron liver, and a death wish, seem to be the only requirements for the journey.

Stay tuned to our blog: [COLOR="Red"]http://bicyclesphoenix.com/, Drunkcyclist.com, http://travismcmaster.blogspot.com/]Blog of Travis McMaster[/url][/COLOR], and Devon Balet Photo during the week of our trip. Those blogs will be blowing up with updates and picks.

A very special thanks goes out to Osprey and Smartwool for their generous support of our journey.

Fat Bike Fantasy-pug.jpg

Name:  newlogo.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  14.8 KB

Swing by Sunday Cycles Bike Shop the week after to catch up on the adventure.

Fat Bike Fantasy « —Sunday Cycles Bike Shop— The 29er & Mountain Bike Pros
    Last edited by like2bike; 11-27-2011 at 07:25 AM.

All fat, all the time.
    Good luck, and have fun! Sounds like an amazing trip.

Geordie biker
    All the best, sounds like an epic trip and I can't wait to read the write up.

Safe journey
    2014 milage so far - 2,485
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk