Endo Supplies- Mtbr.com

Thread: Endo Supplies

mtbr member

Endo Supplies

I'm not seeing Endo's in stock anywhere online...anyone got a good line on them? Prices?

I heard the new 120tpi version might not be available until sometime in January, any word on that?

mtbr member
    if you cant find the endos bens cycles has a pair or two of the innova spyder tires instock for $59 each

mtbr member

seek and...

some cross-post info from the Surly forum on the new tires...still don't know about current Endo availability (but if it is mid-December for the new model, perhaps it is worth waiting for...)

Surly Responds

alright fatheads, here is a response regarding the new tires from Surly:

"Alan-

Hereís The Skinny on the Fats:

The goal was to improve performance and durability while keeping weight and price similar.

Both the Endomorph (due in mid-Dec) and the Larry (due in mid-Future) will feature 120tpi casings.

This will allow them to be more supple at the tread for better floatation- and potentially provide less snow buildup, depending on conditions.

But we had to make a better-handling tire, one with a stiffer sidewall. So the overall amount of rubber there was increased and an anti-abrasion strip was added to the sidewall to make it more durable. Hopefully this will increase the tireís lifespan significantly, though itís still mostly dependent on the rider.

Larry will have a rounder profile, which will naturally help with front-end handling, and its consistent knobs will get a bit more bite even if used in the rear. Iím very excited about this.

Let me know if you have other questions, and good luck!

Aaron"

and then: "One thing that I inadvertently omitted, but will surely come up, is weight.

We predict the new Endos will be almost exactly the same weight. Larry weight is TBD."

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    So you can wait a month or try local shops to see if any have on laying around. I know my shop has one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Larry

FYI-QBP's Item Watch has an estimated arrival date of 2/15/2010 for the Larry's...... After an extremely squirrely downhill this afternoon on the Endos I can't wait to try the Larrys.

meh....

due in mid-Future....

what's that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Larry is the new tire option from Surly. Little more aggressive Knobbies... and did someone say a little bigger (2.8)? Lots of info & pics buried a ways back- I think they're on the Surly site now too . I probably wont use them in the sand but exited to try them in the dirt and the snow. Like everyone says it looks like a natural as a front tire- possibly better tracking & grip, but I'm also thinkin' about runnin' one "backwards" on the rear for possible improved traction on steep lose climbs. , it's been my experiance though that bigger lugs create suction on wet sand and tend to "saw" into the soft sand lessening the ability to "float".

mtbr member

120tpi

The new Endo's are in at Universal Cycles ($110)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    vip10 code knocks them down to $ 99 bucks at Universal.....

mtbr member
    High Intensity Bike has 10 of them in stock in their eBay store. Do a search for "endomorph". They are selling them for $99.99, Buy-It-Now.

Lighten up.
    Got 'em in my cart at Universal, but realized I dumped my Universal VIP email...

...is "vip10" the only code for Universal? Thought there might be another one based on a higher amount spent, etc.

Down South Yooper
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoman
    Got 'em in my cart at Universal, but realized I dumped my Universal VIP email...

...is "vip10" the only code for Universal? Thought there might be another one based on a higher amount spent, etc.
    vip15 works for 15% off if you get up to $300..

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

Lighten up.
    Thanks, Plum!

Endos + tubes, on the way.

mtbr member

new Endo's

got my Speedway 70m rim wheels taped up and mounted the new 120tpi Endos, using the Schwalbe 13F tubes. The tubes seem to fill the space nicely - no voids (at around 12psi).

This is my first time using Endos, and the beads on these things are REALLY loose on the Speedway rims...so much so that about 1/4 of one side just popped off the rim while inflating. Let me know if that is normal and any balancing techniques that have proven handy for getting the bead seated evenly on the rim.

No ride reports yet, I'm still building the fatback, waiting on a few parts and prepping others. So while I still have some time, I'm wondering whether anyone has modified the Endo's, like adding siping to the ridges on the tread?

mtbr member
    this happened to me with an endo on a 80mm vicious rim. no tools required to mount these tires. it's like a hot dog in a hallway.
    litespeed's break

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I also had the same thing mounting the "new" Endos on a Vicious rim. I just worked the tire around with my hands and it fit on well after that. The sidewalls seem thicker and the overall quality of the tire looks a lot better than the older version.

mtbr member

Endo mods

anyone make modifications to the tread?

Members who have read this thread: 0