duel snowcats- Mtbr.com

Thread: duel snowcats

mtbr member

duel snowcats

anyone remember the days of using two snowcat rims attached together someway. i was thinking about doing this for my next ratrodbikes.com build off. i am thinking about building a steampunk monster penny farthing or a steampunk road warrior bike long and low. attached are some pics of my inspiration.

how were these rims attached. two 50mm umas with some studded nokians would look killer or one studded endo.

i am also looking for some of the old super long travel forks and frames. if you know of any let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails duel snowcats-quad_cycle.jpg  

duel snowcats-cosmos-4rwf-v8-motorcycle_main_v9nbr_12-thumb-550x368-27412.jpg  

duel snowcats-pbpic565606.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images   
    2013 mongoose Fat bike
    2012 Moonlander.

http://undergroundvelo.proboards.com/

is buachail foighneach me
    Why not make it a practical experiment at the same time? weld two 70's together and mount an endo on it. That way we know what it looks like on a 140mm rim. Or weld two 29er snowcats or umas together and mount up a 29er tire. If I remember my info correctly, they clamped two rims together, welded the hub side of the joint together, trimmed out the two touching sidewalls, then welded the inside and grinded/sanded the inner joint.

Self-defeatist
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    If I remember my info correctly, they clamped two rims together, welded the hub side of the joint together, trimmed out the two touching sidewalls, then welded the inside and grinded/sanded the inner joint.
    Nothing to it.

My vote if for two 29er Umas. When I think of steam power, I thing of huge steel wheels.

I'm covered in beer.

mtbr member
    the two tire look is what i want. i have moved away from the high wheel look for now. there was a pic some time ago of this set up.
    2013 mongoose Fat bike
    2012 Moonlander.

http://undergroundvelo.proboards.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0