Dubai fat bike dealers?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Dubai fat bike dealers?

Any 2014 fat bike dealers in Dubai? What are they selling?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

UAE Fat Bike Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by nigerianwombat View Post
    Any 2014 fat bike dealers in Dubai? What are they selling?
    Go on Facebook and join the Arabian Sand Bikes group, also search for Ian Ganderton. Ian is the UAE Fat Bike go to guy. You can text him via the Facebook group or his Facebook,page and he will reply right away.

Alternately, in you are in Dubai, call Adventure HQ, in Jumeria. They sell a lot of Moonlanders, and may by now be carrying other brands. Ian works for the sports company that imports Moonlanders and has leads on all that is happening in the Arabian fat bike world. BTW, don't settle for any tire (or bike) less than 4.8" wide for the desert. Skinnyier tires just don't work in the sand, but the 4.8 or better have fantastic float and work in old compacted sand and "new" sand e.g. Sand that has been chewed up or has a broken surface.

mtbr member
    I have put a deposit down on the Specialized Fat Boy, available through The Cycle Hub in Motor City. they are due to arrive in october now.

I also think that the Cannondale shop on SZR is getting some Charge Cookers (based on pictures on their Facebook page).

you can also rent the moonlanders from Adventure HQ in Times Square, they are 140 AED for 24 hours if i remember correctly.

nice to see some other peeps in Dubai here.

Once my fatboy comes in, a trip to Liwa will be planned.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I see the cooker is a little cheaper than Moonlander but 4" tires might be a little weak for the sand here

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What are they charging for the fatboy? Let us know how it works at Liwa.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I see the cooker is a little cheaper than Moonlander but 4" tires might be a little weak for the sand here
    A couple of manufacturers are actually coming out with a new frame for a 5" tire this year. Should be interesting...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Here are some pretty reasonable prices. $500.

fat bike_Ա

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hope Chinese fat bikes

Here are some pretty reasonable prices. $500.

fat bike_Ա
    If your computer did not translate that page, they have Shram changers and only a 4" tire. Still my Civilian Luddite bought from a Utah based company was made in China. Giant and many others made there too. Can't be a lot of difference between a bike made in China and sold in America and a bike made in China and sold in China other than the price. A bike is just not that complicated. The 4" tire would be narrow for here but if they come out with a 4.8 or 5" I'd be willing to buy one to try it out. 1/6th the price of a Moonlander. They've only just started making them there for their market and Gobi Desert has lots of sand so maybe they'll increase tire size.

mtbr member
    What are they charging for the fatboy? Let us know how it works at Liwa.
    the only place that sells the fatboys is The Cycle Hub. i believe the regular fatboys are going for about 8000 AED, and the experts are about 10 or 11k AED.
    their delivery of the stock got delayed again, so wont be until next month when they arrive. its tough to hold back the excitement of getting a new bike, and when there are delays, it makes the waiting even harder.

mtbr member
    lots of new dealers now. Revolution bikes is selling the Borealis, cycle hub has some fat boys left over, adventure hq has surley and salsas, ride bike shop has some other brand, and the trek shop has the farleys.