Cranks + BB- Mtbr.com

Thread: Cranks + BB

mtbr member

Cranks + BB

I have no clue about BB's and cranks, looking for a good deal $$$ on some Cranks+BB

Must be light! Only require a single chainring (probably put a bashguard on later too)
    Going on a 907 (S) Aluminium frame. Also I'm pretty light so they are not going to get hammered.

I found some pretty sweet prices at upgradecycle but wanted to check I have the right components for a 100mm BB shell.

Is this BB suitable?

RaceFace Team DH-Freeride

With any of these Cranks?

Race Face EVOLVE
    Race Face ATLAS
    Race Face RIDE XC

or e13 combo

BB e*thirteen XCX+ Bottom Bracket

Cranks

e*thirteen by The Hive XCX+
    this one states it's fatbike specifc

How bout these?

e*thirteen XCX+ Single Speed Crankt 170mm
    e*thirteen Triple XC Crankset
    e*thirteen by The Hive XCX+

Anyone else running discounts, need to get my budget for build back on track FAST!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    devil is in the details. For the Raceface stuff, unless it is brand new, the Atlas was the only Crank to work with the fatbikes, and it was a specific version. With e.13 there are fatbike, and non, of the same crank.

In either case it is important that you verify that the crankset is designed around a 100mm Bottom Bracket shell. That is the magic number for the BB and fatbikes.

nvphatty
    Depending on whom you purchase the parts from RF cranksets come with a BB as part of the pkg.
    ATLAS is 1 a few folks here use myself included. do some searching with bluesky, jensenUSA, universal cycles.

mtbr member
    Sweet! Just ordered the last RaceFace Atlas FR Crank Arms on clearance for $188

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I hope you got the ones for the !00mm bb shell. On the link you provided they are the ones listed as discontinued. If you ordered the ones for a smaller BB the spindle that is fixed to the crank arm will be the wrong length.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    devil is in the details. For the Raceface stuff, unless it is brand new, the Atlas was the only Crank to work with the fatbikes, and it was a specific version.
    I see three cranks from Race Face what will work. Right side of the page.

Race Face 2012

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcat View Post
    I hope you got the ones for the !00mm bb shell. On the link you provided they are the ones listed as discontinued. If you ordered the ones for a smaller BB the spindle that is fixed to the crank arm will be the wrong length.
    I got the very last 170mm - 100mm BB shell (green). Will see what it looks like, might strip it down if I don't like the colour.

Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    I see three cranks from Race Face what will work. Right side of the page.

Race Face 2012
    That be new stuff just released, full retail price for them

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFcourse View Post
    I got the very last 170mm - 100mm BB shell (green). Will see what it looks like, might strip it down if I don't like the colour.
    I'm glad. I was afraid you made a major gaf.

Members who have read this thread: 0