craft pant question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

craft pant question

I know at least a few of you highly recommend the Craft pants. I was looking to order a couple of pair, for my wife and I. How ever the woman's sizing looks "weird".

My wife is a little under 5'6" and has a 32" inseam.. and is thin at 100 pounds. According to their sizing chart.. one needs to go, with an extra large, to get any length. ???

Does anyone have any insight to their sizing?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    She sounds like a prime canidate for some foxwear gear

http://www.foxwear.net/

I don't have any of his products but he comes highly recommended elsewhere on these forums (and others).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG410
    She sounds like a prime canidate for some foxwear gear

http://www.foxwear.net/

I don't have any of his products but he comes highly recommended elsewhere on these forums (and others).

I have to agree with the Foxwear recommendation. I just completed the Triple D last weekend in Foxwear clothing. I had on a pair of Boure knickers, Foxwear winter pants, Foxwear Powerstretch base layer, thin Patagonia wool base layer, and a Foxwear Powerstrech shirt. That was it for the layers and I was very comfortable all day long. The pants are a steal at around $85. Lous is easy to work with and very quick in delivering the goods. Give him a call and you won't be disappointed.

Steve

mtbr member

Foxwear

Agree with other posters. I have Lou's jacket and winter pants. Both are excellent - wind resistant in front and breathable in back. High quality, custom made, and competitive prices. Pay on delivery. As a single layer the pants will take me down to 0F in comfort. Add a thin under layer below that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    my pant length is 32" and I bought the large craft storm pants. the medium fit too with regard to the length. I went one size up so I could wear a base layer under the pants. I love them with or without a base layer. they do have a draw string to tighten the waist.

can you try them on anywhere?

Oji
    Jun 2008

Good job! Foxwear

Not to pile on here, but a recent size glitch I had on an order from Lou at Foxwear was covered quickly and completely with no hassles whatsoever. I got a pair of tights made from the 250 weight Power Stretch material and they are just excellent in comfort and quality of craft. This was my first ever purchase from Foxwear and Lou responded to email promptly and worked with me on questions about fabrics and sizing. I will definitely purchase more from him and have referred friends to his site.

Cliff

PUG U!!!

Craft pants

I have a 32" inseam, and I'm very happy with the XL pants. Even room for a base layer, but not always needed. These pants are toasty!!

Peace

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    ok.. the Fox clothing sounds interesting, and I will contemplate it. I had read about it here previously. The Craft product is also good, and being a shop rat, I can get them cheaper.

I don't think my wife should need custom made stuff. 5'6" with a 32" inseam.. to me seems the typical long leg short torso [compared to men] She is perhaps a little thinner than ave.

Those of you that have posted about the Craft pant, I don't know if you are men or women.. or which pants you have. ??

An extra large.. is going to swim on her. she is a around a 26" waist and those show a 36" -38"

I am wondering if their sizing charts are accurate. Re-looking at the mens sizing.. it looks like they accidently reprinted the waist size in the leg length. ???

Well I guess I can contact Craft.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Well the Foxwear clothing is looking better all the time

I wrote Craft the end of last week, and have heard nothing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have some Craft pants, think they might be some XC pant, but anyways they are medium. I have a 32inch inseam, 5' 8", 145lbs soaking wet. They fit great. I think a Medium is the way to go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsy
    I have some Craft pants, think they might be some XC pant, but anyways they are medium. I have a 32inch inseam, 5' 8", 145lbs soaking wet. They fit great. I think a Medium is the way to go.
    Are you male or female? and do you have men's or women's mediums.

My wife is also 40 -45 pounds lighter than you. I understand wanting them a little large.. but I think they would swim on her.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Are you male or female? and do you have men's or women's mediums.

My wife is also 40 -45 pounds lighter than you. I understand wanting them a little large.. but I think they would swim on her.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    male last time i checked. These are a relaxed fit. Just get them, try them out.....no good, send them back. I love em'

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    male last time i checked. These are a relaxed fit. Just get them, try them out.....no good, send them back. I love em'
    Thanks.. I guess I did not need to know your sex.. just whether they were men's or women's pants.

thank you...

Members who have read this thread: 0