Chris King BB on a pugs?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Chris King BB on a pugs?

I'm in the process of buying parts and building my pugs. I was wondering if I can use the CK BB on a pugsley? I guess the cups would thread in fine but what about the shell in the middle? Because they don't make the 100mm version can I still use the BB without the middle shell?

any tips? otherwise I'm going to use the RaceFace Diabolus cranks/bearing set.

No, that's not phonetic
    The inboard side of the King BB bearing cartridge has a thin plastic shield. Nothing else. This allows the grease injection tool to push grease in the back of the bearing and out the outside seal. That inner plastic disc is not a real seal and more of a fig leaf, so I think you would want SOME kind of housing to separate the BB's inner guts from the frame's BB shell where all the crap from the frame drains. You could probably make something spiffy by taking the included King tube, cutting it, and splicing something together, or just suck it up and run something else entirely.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    If you wanted to... as suggested... you could just find some sort of plastic/pvc tubing the right diameter, add some rubber o-rings, and use that. It'd be cheap and no one would ever see it but it'd do exactly the same thing.

Single Speed Junkie
    Slice the plastic BB liner in two and epoxy in a short piece of tubing in between.

mtbr member
    I actually just talked to the folks at chris king about this a couple of days ago and that is what they recommended. imo the grease injection tool makes the king bb is a really good choice for snow bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Sweet.. thanks for the tips guys. now I can have a BB that matches my HS. w00t w00t

Members who have read this thread: 0