mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Carver Ti O'Beast or Lynskey Fatskey

Looking to build a new fat bike over the spring and am torn on whether to go with a Ti O'Beast or Fatskey. Currently riding aluminum and miss the feel of steel on my Niner. Want to go with Ti for similar compliance to steel without the corrosion issues. Have read that some Ti frames can be very "squishy" so was curious if anyone could comment on the flex of either of these 2 frames. Also, will be using the new fatty for some non-winter single track, so is one a better trail oriented fit over the other? Both look to have similar geometry.

Thanks for for thoughts and opinions!

mtbr member
    I love my Ti O'Beast. It handles amazingly well in tight single track---better than any other fattie that I've ridden. It also is great to climb on...I can stand up and climb in any snow conditions without much rear tire spin out---in short, the bike is incredibly balanced. I wasn't sure if I would like it when I bought it---I was thinking of going carbon---I am so glad I did, so much so, that I think I'm going to go with one of their frames (Ti420) as a SS MTB this summer.

I haven't tried the Linskey, so don't have anything to offer on that frame.
    Just get out ride it & have fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    If you are looking for any unique features and a fully custom geometry, there are builders who can make whatever you desire for the price of the Carver. I chose Quiring for my frame and I am pleased with the final result. I've worked with Carver for other items and both have been fantastic to work with. If you're concerned with frame flex, examine the Quiring yoke.

mtbr member
    I can't speak to the Lynskey, but I can say I love my O'Beast. Here's a link to a thread I started on it last year: http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/car...rs-894865.html . I don't find the frame flexy at all, and I ride it year round. I did find the Carver carbon fork to be flexy on dirt, although it wasn't noticeable on snow. I've since swapped over to a Ican tapered with a through axle and the fork flex is way better. Carver has excellent customer service as well.

Regards,
    Wardo

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by genefruit View Post
    If you are looking for any unique features and a fully custom geometry, there are builders who can make whatever you desire for the price of the Carver. I chose Quiring for my frame and I am pleased with the final result. I've worked with Carver for other items and both have been fantastic to work with. If you're concerned with frame flex, examine the Quiring yoke.
    I'm all about custom and U.S. made ti frames but the Carver is $1400 frame only and the Quiring starts at $2700 for the ti. That being said I would prolly go steel custom for the price next time. I did have a Quiring ti 29er for awhile and it was one sweet whip!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Have you given the rsd mayor ti a look?

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderzy View Post
    Have you given the rsd mayor ti a look?
    This. Nice frame at a fair price.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.