Carbon Fork 150x15- Mtbr.com
    banned
    Nov 2008

We the people ... Carbon Fork 150x15

I'm looking to purchase a carbon fork in 150x15 with tapered head tube. I've come across a few, but I'm probably missing some. This is going on my Norco Sasquatch.

The two forks I'm looking at:
    Carver Popeye
    Framed Alaskan carbon

Any other carbon forks I'm missing in or near that price bracket?

I haven't looked into the cheaper ebay carbon forks, but maybe I should?
    The cheaper stuff worries me a little because I'm around 250lbs, even though it's probably coming out of the same factory.

Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Check out sarma bikes
    I believe they have an option

Mine is a 135 front and I am very pleased with it

aka bOb
    I've had a few and I prefer the Trek/Bontrager Haru just a little spendy unless you can find a take off.

banned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blidner View Post
    Check out sarma bikes
    I believe they have an option

Mine is a 135 front and I am very pleased with it
    Thanks, but they aren't spec'ed for 150x15 hub.

Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I've had a few and I prefer the Trek/Bontrager Haru just a little spendy unless you can find a take off.
    Yeah this does look like a nicer option, now if I could just find one....
    I'm guessing the quality is better with the Trek fork compared to the others, or maybe vibration control is better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Trek has been doing Carbon a long time - I trust them above most others.
    The Salsa Makwa is the other I would choose if I didn't go with the Trek (which comes stock on my bike)

Carbon forks are not something where bargain shopping is the wisest way to go.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I just purchased a Salsa Makwa fork, and o really like it. Can't go wrong with the Trek either.

Rocking on a Rocky
    :thumbsup:It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hey, I believe RSD in Toronto has a carbon fork they sell separately. I have one on my new Mayor and it looks very well made.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post

Yeah this does look like a nicer option, now if I could just find one....
    I'm guessing the quality is better with the Trek fork compared to the others, or maybe vibration control is better.
    Just the quality is great and there are some cool little touches. Riding wise I doubt you would notice much of a difference. I would trust it a little more at your weight but you don't hear of many fork failures. I do like the Makwa as well but not sure if you can get a 2016 150mm wide version aftermarket yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Borealis Echo. A-C makes it a good swap for a 100mm Bluto. Have been riding one for a few weeks and have found it excellent in all respects.

banned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit21 View Post
    Trek has been doing Carbon a long time - I trust them above most others.
    The Salsa Makwa is the other I would choose if I didn't go with the Trek (which comes stock on my bike)

Carbon forks are not something where bargain shopping is the wisest way to go.
    Yeah I'm not really trying to bargin shop, especially at my weight....I know what the outcome usually is....believe me. Just wondering if their are any other quality carbon forks I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Just the quality is great and there are some cool little touches. Riding wise I doubt you would notice much of a difference. I would trust it a little more at your weight but you don't hear of many fork failures. I do like the Makwa as well but not sure if you can get a 2016 150mm wide version aftermarket yet?
    I'll check out the Salsa fork. Thanks.
    I would imagine all of these forks are coming out of the same factory?

mtbr member
    This thing is built to last!

150mm Carbon Thru-Axle Fork from 9:ZERO:7

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jlynn907 View Post
    This thing is built to last!

150mm Carbon Thru-Axle Fork from 9:ZERO:7
    I just saw that today........must resist buying that for my bike. On another note, the OP should be aware of what offset fork his frame is designed for as well if it is a concern to keep the original geometry. The 907 fork replaces a bike typically designed for a 100mm Bluto, which the Norco is spec'd with, and has a 51mm offset like the Treks. I couldn't determine the offset spec from Norco's site.
    9:Zero:7 Whiteout
    Ibis Ripley LS v2
    Ibis Ripmo

banned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskenraider View Post
    I just saw that today........must resist buying that for my bike. On another note, the OP should be aware of what offset fork his frame is designed for as well if it is a concern to keep the original geometry. The 907 fork replaces a bike typically designed for a 100mm Bluto, which the Norco is spec'd with, and has a 51mm offset like the Treks. I couldn't determine the offset spec from Norco's site.
    Yes, that's also something I need to take into consideration the stock fork offset. I was assuming it was 51mm also because the Bluto equipped Sasquatch is the same frame as the RST equipped Sasquatch. I'll see what Norco has to say.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    They used to, Giant makes most of their carbon stuff now
    Giant makes a majority of the carbon frames/forks on the market.
    I bike with tires.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    The new Specialized Fatboy carbon models have 15 x 150. Sometimes people take them off and sell them to put on a Bluto.

Specialized Carbon Fiber Fat Boy Chisel Fork Bike Fatboy MTB Mountain Fattie 26" | eBay

banned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    The new Specialized Fatboy carbon models have 15 x 150. Sometimes people take them off and sell them to put on a Bluto.

Specialized Carbon Fiber Fat Boy Chisel Fork Bike Fatboy MTB Mountain Fattie 26" | eBay
    HA! I looked at that the other day. The steerer tube looks a little short at 170mm but it would probably work on my Norco with a headtube length of 110mm. I just like a lot of wiggly room need be. A little surprised their aren't more OEM carbon fork take offs for sale on Ebay,.....well at least ones that's meet my criteria.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    The 135 QR Carbon Fatboy fork (which is what I have) shows up on ebay frequently for about ~$200.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Bikes Direct has one, full carbon for $250. I've got it and it's served me well so far, though I haven't put it through the full rigors of typical mtn bike trails yet. While it's a few grams heavier and looks very similar, I'm not sure how it compares strength-wise to the Framed model, which has apparently been tested (I had looked at that one as well). I'd guess they're very close. I noticed the Carver fork has an alloy steer tube, adding weight and probably some strength.

banned
    Nov 2008
    Picked up my fatty yesterday at my LBS and we were discussing carbon forks. A customer of theirs purchased one of those cheap eBay carbon fatbike forks. Then they proceeded to show me graphic pictures of his bloody broken face, missing teeth and broken nose. The fork experienced catastrophic failure and he wasn't doing anything stupid just riding along. Sharing is caring....haha

Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post
    Bikes Direct has one, full carbon for $250. I've got it and it's served me well so far, though I haven't put it through the full rigors of typical mtn bike trails yet. While it's a few grams heavier and looks very similar, I'm not sure how it compares strength-wise to the Framed model, which has apparently been tested (I had looked at that one as well). I'd guess they're very close. I noticed the Carver fork has an alloy steer tube, adding weight and probably some strength.
    Yeah the carver is like 900grams and the full carbon rigids are usually 700-800 grams. I do like the added strength of the aluminum steerer tube. I'm not a weight weenie either, especially since this is a fatbike after all.

Classic weekend warrior
    Carver also has a full carbon 15x150 fork that's lighter than the Popeye and has anything cage mounts. Not on their website yet.. . You'd have to email them

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Carbon cycle fork on eBay. $130 shipped and they are tough. There are other threads about them on here. The weight is good too at around 600g. If you want name brand then pick one from the other suggestions.