Big Foot Help- Mtbr.com

Thread: Big Foot Help

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Big Foot Help

Looked at a 2014 Big Foot today. 19 inch frame, didn't ride it but stood over it in shop. Sales person told me that frame was ok for me even though I am 5'7". The bike was also for sale at MSRP even though the 2015 models are being sold.
    I was told I could order the 2015 Bigfoot 6.1 or 6.2 for the MSRP. Is the 19 inch frame to big for me? Also is there a big difference between the 6.2 and the 2014 Bigfoot? Should I pay full MSRP for the left over 2014 Big Foot, I know there isn't much play in the price of bikes at LBS.
    I was leaning to ordering the 6.1 Bigfoot for the cheaper price. This will be me first Fat Bike and first bike I purchased in years.

Rocking on a Rocky
    What is your inseam?
    :thumbsup:It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    My inseam is approximately 30 inches.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Danado, I'm 5-7 with a 32 1/2-33" inseam. I have a small 2014 Bigfoot. That's a 15". It's a great bike, but so is the 2015 6.2. The entry-level bike for 2015 (6.3) is around $1,000, but you will need to upgrade a few things on it almost immediately. So the extra price on either the 2014 or 2015 6.2 is likely well spent. These two bikes are almost identical; the 2015 has Vee Snowshoe tires while the 2014 has Vee Missions. The Missions SUCK on snow (and that's kind). And the 2015 has single-wall wheels vs double walls for the 2014. (the singlewalls will be slightly lighter and the wheels are where you feel the weight the most).

Find someone with a medium to see how it feels. Or see if your dealer has any Norco Chargers in stock. They're essentially the same frame, only narrower. I just don't think you'll end up liking a bike that long (large), but I could be wrong.

Rocking on a Rocky
    The best advice I could give go to another shop and shop.
    :thumbsup:It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks for your help everyone. EagleHawk one other question, when you describe long on a bike (I am about the same height as you) what are you referring to? I've never been fitted for a bike before. The last thing I've ridden is a 250cc enduro on single track. Being so short, the balls of my feet barely touched the ground on the bike. Sitting on the big foot frame I was able to touch the ground no problem with my feet.