Rides like a girl
    Feb 2015

The Beists and Minnesota 3.0

I'm enjoying the Minnesota 3.0 XWT with the Bulldozers. They work well in the areas I ride...in the summer. But I desperately need different tires for the winter.

I was all about the Bud/Lou combo, but I read here they don't fit. The Bulldozers say 4.7 on the sidewall, and the Beists say 4.6. If their numbers are measured similarly, they SHOULD work. But we al know the printed numbers on the sidewalls aren't always so accurate.

Does anyone know if the Beists and the Minnesota 3.0 XWT play well together?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Beists don't fit on a Minnesota, at least with 80mm rims, according to a friend. Bulldozer is slightly smaller than the Beist, according to my experience with both tires.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I have Van Helgas on my 3.0. I bought them for winter use. I tossed the bulldozers that came with the 3.0. I thought they were horrible. A combination between price, traction and weight seemed to favor the Van Helgas. The thing that sealed the deal for me was that the winner of the Arrowhead 135 used them. If they are good enough for him, they're plenty good enough for me.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Not sure about the 3.0, but I have a 2015 Alaskan (aluminum) and I used the Flowbeist/Dunderbeist combo last winter and loved them.

Currently have Maxxis Minion FBF/FBR on it - 4.8" tires and they fit. But again, I'm not sure about the width difference/clearance between a 3.0 and an Alaskan.

Rides like a girl
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor 777 View Post
    Not sure about the 3.0, but I have a 2015 Alaskan (aluminum) and I used the Flowbeist/Dunderbeist combo last winter and loved them.

Currently have Maxxis Minion FBF/FBR on it - 4.8" tires and they fit. But again, I'm not sure about the width difference/clearance between a 3.0 and an Alaskan.
    Interesting. I'll take a measurement and see if it looks like they will work. Thanks.