Bearings for raceface next in a bucksaw?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Bearings for raceface next in a bucksaw?

Anyone know what the bearing numbers are?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Baymen12 View Post
    Anyone know what the bearing numbers are?
    This is what I used on my Bucksaw C for the Next SL Crank:

- RaceFace 30mm PF30 Bottom Bracket
    - RaceFace Cinch BB Spacer Kit Ice Cream Truck

since 4/10/2009
    ???

There are multiple BB's that will work, and the bearings are different in them. They are called different things depending on who makes them. BB86/92-30, PF41-30, and so on. If you are looking at the RF CINCH BB specifically, you want the one with the inner sleeve for 121/124mm BB shells. I have this one on my Bucksaw now. BB86 4130 - Enduro Bearings Online

The Bucksaw is NOT a PF30 frame (PF30 specifies a 46mm ID of the BB shell, while the Bucksaw has a 41mm ID of the BB shell, which is the same as BB86/92).

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Dang Harold!

Just when I though I could contribute... you go and stomp on my post...
    and correctly interpret the original question.
    Nice job!

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Tire View Post
    Dang Harold!

Just when I though I could contribute... you go and stomp on my post...
    and correctly interpret the original question.
    Nice job!
    No stomping. Just a gentle, but emphatic fix. BB naming standards are f*ck all. No rhyme or reason to all the proprietary names. Some of the numbers refer to spindle diameter, some to the BB shell, and with the odd fitments from fatbikes and various conversion BBs (the OP is essentially asking about a conversion BB here), it gets right confusing.

Consider this:

The BB shell that the Bucksaw uses is effectively a wide BB92 (the name BB92 refers to the shell width of 92mm, which the Bucksaw most certainly does not have. This is why you alternately see it referred to as PF41, which is referring to the BB shell ID, (not to be confused with PF30, whose name has nothing to do with the BB shell ID) which is a dimension that the Bucksaw shares with BB92. Yet more confusingly, the BB92 standard is a SHIMANO standard, which also specifies a 24mm crank spindle. Shimano refuses to make cranksets with fatbike length spindles. They're effectively the Cheryl Tiegs of mountain bike manufacturers. "BB shells should be less than 100mm wide. Any wider is unhealthy. It's what Dr. Oz says and I'm sticking to it." So what this does really does is push you into a SRAM GXP pressfit BB and crank.

Using a 30mm spindle with the Bucksaw's BB shell specs is kinda a hack which a few companies have decided to support. It's not ideal for a few reasons, but really opens up crankset choices. It really WOULD have been better if Salsa had used a bigger BB shell (PF30 would have been a good idea, though the new T47, I think, would have been better). Even plain 'ol BSA would have been a more versatile choice.

But when it comes down to it, I'm still not entirely certain what the OP was asking. Does OP want specific product numbers for a specific BB? If so, no specific BB was indicated. Just the crankset. Does the OP want to know which BB's will work with the frame and crankset combo? OP doesn't actually say that, either.