Barbegazi tire issue- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018

Barbegazi tire issue

wondering if any of you guys have ever experience leaking sealant from the side wall from the Brabegazi 27.5x 4.5 tires. this just started happening , tires have been setup tubes for 3 seasons summer and winter riding, here are a couple of pictures of the leaking. looks like the sidewalls are wore to the point of sealant leaking threw.. any suggestions on why this is happen
    thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Barbegazi tire issue-img_0408.jpg  

Barbegazi tire issue-img_0409.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Tires are a wear item and the side walls flex a lot. Fabric thins. I'd it holds are ride it and not worry. Maybe freshen the sealant up.
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

turtles make me hot
    My Surly tires do that all the time. Just means the sealant is breaking down. Freshen up the sealant.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    yea. the sealant was just replaced, it seems to be holding air pressure, but it looks to be bleeding thru more.. i noticed the stock Barbegazi that came on my farley is 60TPI could this cause the sidewall to wear out faster ?

turtles make me hot
    What sealant is in it? It seemed to happen worse with Stan's for me. Not bad with Truckerco.

I run 120 tpi Surly Bud and Knard. I run the tires til the treads are done. No sidewall issues ever.
    I like turtles

WNC Native
    In had similar issues with a Hodag and a few other tires. Moving away from Stan's sealant fixed it for the most part, but fat tire sidewalls do get more wear and this definitely doesn't help the issue.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    using stans sealant , maybe ill give the a different sealant a shot... im guessing the 60TPI isnt helping things also, noticed the Barbegazi also have a 120TPI tire also... not sure why they make the same tire with 2 different TPI rating.

mtbr member
    I don't think you can even get new Barb's in 60TPI anymore, the 120's have been available for almost two years.
    I've got two sets of 120's, no issues at all on the pair I've been running since Spring, (Stans Sealant)
    2020 Trek Farley 7 Roarange
    2018 Trek Farley 7 ViperRed

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    older posts on topic
    https://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/st...l-1015379.html
    Post #50 has photos of my Bontrager Hodags - that was Jan '17, at 736 miles I moved that tire to a different wheel, changed to Orange Seal and put 893 more miles on it. Rode it last night in fact. It still weeps a little but no where near as bad as in my photos.

If I look in my basement right now I can see the sidewalls weeping on a Kenda, Hodag, 2 Schwalbes, 2 Surly's and a Maxxis. Top them off if you don't hear it sloshing around and ride it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    i ordered some of that orange sealant , see if that helps with the bleed thru... figure try if on one of the tires...