Anyone have a Wolfstooth GC or Anything Similar?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Anyone have a Wolfstooth GC or Anything Similar?

Just seeing if anyone has a Wolfstooth GC or another brand 42T cassette ring, that they tried and couldn't get working as intended and are looking to get rid of it. I want to put one on my daughter's new 24" wheeled bike (as she had one on her 20" wheeled bike and it was awesome). Her little brother is now getting the 20" bike, so I would love for her to have the same range she had before with her 1x system. It can be fairly used too, as her little legs won't be putting too much torque into the system. PM or respond to this thread if you have anything.

The reason I had one to put on her 20" bike was because I couldn't get it to shift as I needed on my Mukluk, so hoping someone else had the same issue.

Thanks - BS

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Wrong forum dude!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sorry Mr. Honda, I first read about the GCs here on the Fat Forum, and I bought it for my Muk like a lot of others did too, and had problems with it, like a lot of others did too. Just seeing if anyone has the same difficulties that I did and we could all prosper.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll get my daughter some Duro Wildlife Leopard 24 x 3.0 DH Tires, so she can be fattish and I can feel better about bringing it up in this forum.

sluice box
    Yes I have one and it works great and is not for sale. Try the classifieds, or the Drivetrain sub-forum, or just pony up and buy one from Wolftooth.

mtbr member
    I have the Wolftooth on my Speciailized Fatboy and my S-Works Epic. They work very well, but you may need to use a longer 'b' screw.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I actually have one. It's specs for shimano cassettes. Pm me with an offer or if you want pics. Anno is worn but it shifts fine. Never had a chain on it with more than .5 stretch. Just liked 2x10 better on my xc bike