any Framed Alaskan Carbon frame/Carbon wheel reviews?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

New question here. any Framed Alaskan Carbon frame/Carbon wheel reviews?

hey folks, recently rode a demo all carbon fatboy, very light especially with carbon rims vs my blackborow. however pretty pricey for me because I would like carbon wheels with any future upgrade, as I feel rotational weight improvement would be key. Anyway...wondering what folks feel about price performance of the carbon/carbon wheel Framed bikes, as they seem pretty nice, albeit with slightly longer chainstay, ie; less nimble feeling. I am wondering if the rotational weight gain of this bike could make up for this chainstay potential shortcoming, or are there other things folks have seen good or bad? I am a daily 8 to 12 mile 60% gravel/40% single track rider on the admitted slower side. Appreciate any input. thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but I've got a carbon Alaskan, ran Pub Alloys and upgraded to carbon/DT wheels.
    The weight matters. Mine comes in at around 26 with a dropper post and the Lauf.
    I've run it on singletrack and 2 gravel rides (70 and 56 miles) and while it's not "fast", it makes the climbs easy.
    I've used Vee Snowshoe XL, Bulldozer 4.7, and Vee 8 tires tubeless- the Wolftrax aren't TR- and I've enjoyed shedding that weight, too.
    Also, the DT gives you the option of 36 or 54 tooth ratchets, which makes technical riding that much easier, as well as ease of servicing.
    My opinion? For price, performance, and service, they're unbeatable.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbikenewbie View Post
    hey folks, recently rode a demo all carbon fatboy, very light especially with carbon rims vs my blackborow. however pretty pricey for me because I would like carbon wheels with any future upgrade, as I feel rotational weight improvement would be key. Anyway...wondering what folks feel about price performance of the carbon/carbon wheel Framed bikes, as they seem pretty nice, albeit with slightly longer chainstay, ie; less nimble feeling. I am wondering if the rotational weight gain of this bike could make up for this chainstay potential shortcoming, or are there other things folks have seen good or bad? I am a daily 8 to 12 mile 60% gravel/40% single track rider on the admitted slower side. Appreciate any input. thanks!
    Just like GuzziBen said "For price, performance, and service, they're unbeatable."

I have the alloy AK and I love it. I am sure the carbon is nicer! Although, idk if I would go for the Lauf fork, that's just me. You should go with Bluto or carbon rigid fork. But yeah, go for the carbon AK, the Fatboy is wayyyy too expensive and you get same quality components with Framed.
    2015 Specialized Rockhopper
    2015 Giant Stance FS (wife's bike)
    2016 Framed Alaskan Alloy