Powered by Pulvoron

Another "help me find a fatbike frame" - update RSD Mayor V3

So here is a story.. I have this Momentum Fatbike by Giant. The original rear wheel is a freewheel 7speed, so limited in gear ugrade. I purchased a rear Alex 80mm from Bikesmith, but the rim was offset to close the driveside, so i returned it. I plan on just selling the bike cheap.
    Now i lined up a wheelset from a Felt DD which is 150x15ta front and 197x12ta rear. I also have the Felt fork which is a tapered steerer.
    Now I like the RSD Mayor V3, 100mm threaded bb and 150x15 TA, but 1-1\8 straight steerer, so the Felt fork will not work.
    I like the RSD due to cost. Is there anything out there for that price range with the same feature with tapered HT. I could probably use a Surly ICT fork, but have to check out the specs if it will work.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dirt diggler; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:38 PM.
    FilipinoMafia - Ohio Chapter

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The RSD has a 44mm headtube, so that will work fine with a tapered steerer tube like you have on the Felt fork. You will need a ZS44 upper and an EC44/40 lower cup I believe.
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo

Powered by Pulvoron
    Hey Jason,
    thanks for the great news.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The RSD comes with a headset for tapered fork.
    Their fork is good....if price is an issue....there are many Chinese vendors on Ebay that have good forks in the $100 range

Powered by Pulvoron
    Mayor, thanks for the info. I plan on using a Felt DD tapered fork and wheelset. I just hope that the wheelset is an easy install, unless im missing something with the way RSD built the rear triangle different. My SRAM crankset should fit agaon unless something is different. The crankset is a 100mm bb.
    As of now just have to figure out color and size. Im 5,8 with 30 inseam, so maybe a small might be the ticket.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt diggler View Post
    Mayor, thanks for the info. I plan on using a Felt DD tapered fork and wheelset. I just hope that the wheelset is an easy install, unless im missing something with the way RSD built the rear triangle different. My SRAM crankset should fit agaon unless something is different. The crankset is a 100mm bb.
    As of now just have to figure out color and size. Im 5,8 with 30 inseam, so maybe a small might be the ticket.
    The RSD has a 197 rear spacing...so as long as your hub is 197.
    As far as the crank,,,,it depends on which spindle your SRAM crank has ( some at 170 spaced, some 197). The RSD has a wide chainstay yoke and you will need the wider SRAM crank.
    As far as sizing....use the chat tab on their site....helpful guys. I found their frames run on the larger size