Amazon Find of the Day, Headlights:- Mtbr.com
    Elitest thrill junkie
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Wow. Not sure how to go about securitying that to my handlebars.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountfargo.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    man with heat sinks like that there will be no snow biking,, it'll melt the snow in front of you.
    spez roubaix
    fantom cross - stolen -
    crux
    moonlander

All fat, all the time.
    That comes with a helmet mount right??

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I have a headlight with 2 of those leds and its plenty bright with or without a headlamp.

mtbr member
    Bikerumor had a post on a system exhibiting visual similarities...

Trail LED Halo, DS, and XXX Light Systems Long Term Review – UPDATED

Elitest thrill junkie
    Oh yes, this looks even goofier though and is $90 instead of $1200. If it even put out 3000 it would be tons of fun...I ain't that brave tho...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

since 4/10/2009
    looks like it would be a real biatch to mount on bars with much sweep, but it's hard to see how wide the mount positions are. If they go just on either side of the stem faceplate, then it might not be a problem.

mtbr member
    Would look sweet docked to some loop bars

All fat, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopbreakindown View Post
    No doubt, along with an iphone, ipad, scanner, my home office, gopro, and everything else you can fit on loop bars

mtbr member
    I've got this bad boy mounted to my commuter:
    Amazon.com: KAWELL® YS-SW18901 Slim 18w Flood Beam LED Work Light ATV 4X4 Off Road Light 1800 Lumen 6500K 90 Degree Waterproof Light White: Automotive

It's like riding with the sun attached to the front of your bike.

Running it off my RC lipo batteries; at 16v it really is very bright, and i get about 5 hours of runtime. I also run my tail lights off the lipos as well at 8v.

Need to buy another mount so I can do some trail riding, or hell for the price a new light so I can mount it to my soon to ship Boris.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Dumb question, but how many lumens would be good for riding paved bike trails/streets? I'm looking at a NiteRider lumina 550. The MTB trails around here are closed at dusk so I want something legal/non blinding to traffic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by not2shabby View Post
    Dumb question, but how many lumens would be good for riding paved bike trails/streets? I'm looking at a NiteRider lumina 550. The MTB trails around here are closed at dusk so I want something legal/non blinding to traffic.
    I've had great success with my NiteRiderLumina 750, I don't use it on the brightest setting very often, I go medium and it lasts for a few hours.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    How fast are you riding and is there street lighting? I ride on unlit country roads in winter and on fast downhills (25mph+) you really want throw to see holes, debris etc - 1000 lumens minimum. If not so fast or less likely to encounter holes, debris, animals, people then 500-600 is OK, but the light pattern is equally important.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LO4U2C View Post
    I've had great success with my NiteRiderLumina 750, I don't use it on the brightest setting very often, I go medium and it lasts for a few hours.
    Thanks! From the reviews I've read, there's not much difference between the 750 and 550.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I don't really feel comfortable riding on roads so it'll be mostly bike/walking trails for me, especially after dark and doubt if I'll go over 20 mph, if that fast. Plus, I don't want to blind anyone coming the other way.

mtbr member

Jones Loop Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Stopbreakindown View Post
    You are correct. Looks great mounted upsidedown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazon Find of the Day, Headlights:-new-light-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by WSUPolar View Post
    Amazon.com: KAWELL® YS-SW18901 Slim 18w Flood Beam LED Work Light ATV 4X4 Off Road Light 1800 Lumen 6500K 90 Degree Waterproof Light White: Automotive

Running it off my RC lipo batteries; at 16v it really is very bright, and i get about 5 hours of runtime. I also run my tail lights off the lipos as well at 8v.

Need to buy another mount so I can do some trail riding, or hell for the price a new light so I can mount it to my soon to ship Boris.

Hey what size lipo's are you running these off of? Also what tail like are you using?

mtbr member
    I'm using 2 2S 5800mAh packs wired in series to give me one 4s (~14-16volt) 5800mAh pack. I can go roughly 5-7 hours of riding before the packs really need a charge based on voltage readings (I usually charge once a week or every other week).

The taillight is a generic pos that I bought locally that i just soldered up some wires too running it off one of the lipo's balance leads at 7v, however, I just bought these (in red of course) to replace the current blinky which imo, is woefully underbright for before sunrise commuting:
    Amazon.com: 2 pcs Set Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon White Slim COB LED DRL Daylight Driving Daytime Running Light Lamp For Car SUV Sedan Coupe Vehicle: Automotive

Elitest thrill junkie
    Opposite of what you think, you want as many lumens as possible for night when mixing with cars. On the trail here 800 is great (it's usually snow so lots of reflection, but it works ok when there's none too). With cars when commuting, I feel totally undergunned with that same 800.

All fat, all the time.
    $17 dang....the jeep needs a couple pairs of those....

Quote Originally Posted by WSUPolar View Post

mtbr member
    I got bored today (raining) so I decided to see how long the battery life would be. I started with a fully charged battery and ran it on high. Two hours and 15 minutes later the switch went from green to red. Battery voltage read 6.9v. 15 minutes later the switch started to flash red and then the light turned off. Not a bad run time for 7 leds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazon Find of the Day, Headlights:-light.jpg  

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripower View Post
    Would like to see pictures of that Stingray.
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    A few photos. 1969 L-68

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Would like to see pictures of that Stingray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazon Find of the Day, Headlights:-ditch-witch.jpg  

Amazon Find of the Day, Headlights:-rays-002.jpg  

Amazon Find of the Day, Headlights:-rays-003.jpg  

All fat, all the time.
    Favorite corvette ever. Love that year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripower View Post
    How is this light holding up for you? Is the battery cord long enough to put the battery in a Camelback?

mtbr member
    Nice light! I had a silver 1968 corvette convertible near mint and would get ridiculed and made fun of at cruise night shows, jealous bastards!