9:Zero:7 First real ride and this is what my face looked like...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

BIKE PIX added! 9:Zero:7 First real ride and this is what my face looked like...

We finally finished running the brakes and putting on the correct (read: usable) FD yesterday and we took it up into the woods for a ride last night. My friends thought I was nuts when they saw it but I think I changed their minds when I held tightly to their wheels and was even faster than a few on FS bikes.

Of course, we are all at different abilities but I haven't ridden in the woods all year so to start with my fatty was interesting.

The only thing I think I need to drop the pressure a bit - ran it at 11psi- to keep down some of the bouncing but this is NE singletrack and it's rocky so I wanted to start a bit higher and tune as time went on.

It was a blast and super nimble- thanks 9:zero:7- and powered up some climbs I certainly would have had to hike on my regular 29er.

Overall, an awesome ride with an awesome machine that garners awesome stares.
    Last edited by pjbaz; 09-29-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: finally added some bike pix

mtbr member
    Pictures and build specs please.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappy View Post
    pictures and build specs please.
    yes please!

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappy View Post
    Pictures and build specs please.
    or it didn't happen..

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    haha, forgot to shoot pix because we were off to ride and it was getting dark. I'll get one and post it up soon.

Specs are:

2012 907 L frame in black
    907 fork
    Hope hubs
    RD with cutouts
    DT spokes and nipples
    Husker Dus front and rear
    Surly tubes and liners
    e.13 Fatbike cranks and BB and double- running it 2X10
    BB7s front and rear
    Thomson X4 stem
    Thomson Elite post
    WTB Rocket V saddle
    FULL SRAM X7 drivetrain- RD, FD (with PS adapter), trigger shifters, chain and cassette
    On-One Mary bars
    Oury grips
    Crank Bros Candy pedals
    Avid Full metal Jacket brake lines
    Jagwire Ripcord shifter cables

nvphatty
    i believe i believe...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Sorry for the delay and thanks for believing nvphatty...here she is.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    the only changes that are needed is a saddle(Selle Anatomica) and it needs to be parked in my garage.......

I love it. makes me rethink if i want to buy or build

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by killarbb View Post
    the only changes that are needed is a saddle(Selle Anatomica) and it needs to be parked in my garage.......

I love it. makes me rethink if i want to buy or build
    The saddle is the WTB Rocket V "test" saddle (why it's black and yellow) from the LBS. I'm not sure about it just yet but I have a feeling I'll change to a straight black one at some point.

As far as buy or build- depending on what bike you buy it could be a LOT less expensive. I am into this for dealer cost on every part I think and I'm in deeper than I planned when I decided to go fat. "Oh, the X7 is only XX more, then let's go with that" happened a lot on this build. When I spec'd it out on paper I figured a cheapo crank- dealer cost about $45- and you'll notice I have an e.13 which was WAY more than that even at cost!

Regardless, it's awesome and I am VERY happy I built it. Thanks for the kind words man even if this specific bike won't end up in your garage.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbaz View Post

As far as buy or build- depending on what bike you buy it could be a LOT less expensive. I am into this for dealer cost on every part I think and I'm in deeper than I planned when I decided to go fat. "Oh, the X7 is only XX more, then let's go with that" happened a lot on this build. When I spec'd it out on paper I figured a cheapo crank- dealer cost about $45- and you'll notice I have an e.13 which was WAY more than that even at cost!
    Pretty much exactly what happened to me...... still happy with my build

nvphatty
    Sorry for the delay and thanks for believing nvphatty...here she is.
    ahhhhhhh sweetness, whats her name if thats not too personal?? a bit of pinkish accents tells of a female owner yes??

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    ahhhhhhh sweetness, whats her name if thats not too personal?? a bit of pinkish accents tells of a female owner yes??

HAHA, NOPE I'm a dude. Pink accents on all my bikes keeps random people from riding them. I have pink cables on my Inbred 29er, pink HS on a BMX race bike, pink rims and hubs on my fixie, etc.

I haven't named her yet, only one ride so far so nothing has jumped out.

Geordie biker
    sweet bike!
    2014 milage so far - 2,485
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

nvphatty
    HAHA, NOPE I'm a dude. Pink accents on all my bikes keeps random people from riding them. I have pink cables on my Inbred 29er, pink HS on a BMX race bike, pink rims and hubs on my fixie, etc.

I haven't named her yet, only one ride so far so nothing has jumped out.
    so a method to the madness eah? ok mr name that bike in 30sec or less..

Members who have read this thread: 0