Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

26x5.05 XXL

350K views 2K replies 224 participants last post by  mikesee 
#1 ·

Via Instagram from Taipei show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#965 ·
I'm no expert but wouldn't the rim width narrow the tire and decrease the diameter? The picture of it fitting shows there is plenty of room diameter wise.
A wider rim will make the tire a bit wider, a narrower rim will make the tire a bit taller.
Both have their advantages based on your riding.
Where I ride I would rather have the 80 for more sidewall protection and height. If I was flying around on hardpack the 100 would probably handle better.
But this is a snow bike. It never gets ridden on dirt.

#967 ·
I bought the Farley from my LBS and I ordered the 2XL's from them as well. Had to wait a year to get the tires.
Nothing special about either purchase though.
If anyone with a Farley 7 wants to run them I say buy one and fit it on the back first.
My Farley 7 is a 2016. The tires came in a week or so ago.
Maybe Vee has reduced the sidewall height? In the pics of the Farley 5 and 9.6 the tire seems to be rubbing above the notch where the frame is widest.
Maybe Vee reduced the sidewall height so the tire isn't as tall?
Trek says the Farley 7 can fit 5 inch tires, and these tire are 5 inches wide. But as you can see with the pics these are the biggest tires that can be fitted to this frame.

#991 ·
View attachment 1108814

View attachment 1108815

View attachment 1108816

This on an ICT just finished building, tubeless at 12 psi on HED 80 AL rims. Do not think on a 100mm rim would have any chance of fitting, I am concerned with frame flex that it will not work. Will give it a try on Thursday.
I have an ICT and the 2XL fits fine tubeless on hundos (Nexties) with no rubbing. I have the tires on 80mm mulefuts now and as some others have mentioned, the size doesn't change much between 80mm and 100mm rims; it's more the shape of the sidewall being more vertical with hundos.

#997 ·
Have anyone tried the 2xl on the rear of the F@r or F@e? I read a couple of posts here and on the f@r thread but nobody has actually tried the tire in the rear, no pics either. Can someone confirm this? I need to know if the Fuji wendingo/F@r/F@e frames fit the 2xl in any pressure up to the max psi without rubbing on the frame. Thanks

#1,000 ·
4.5 snowshoe and 2xl snowshoe combo

Fits my 250mm Sarma fork with 100mm wheels (up to 15 psi) and fits 80mm any psi . I regret not getting the 265mm or the 290mmm but the 250 was the only one in stock back in the summer. I have a ICT thru-axle fork on the way because I thought my Sarma fork was not going to work.

Attachments