FIF
    mtbr member
    Oct 2018

2019 Borealis Crestone

Good afternoon all,

I've had a few fellow riders inquire about the new color of the Crestone that Steve out at Borealis has received, so I just thought I would share a couple of photos.

For what it is worth, on my scale it is running 28.3lbs for a large frame with the Lauf fork, carbon rims, pedals, 4" Jumbo Jim snake skins, water bottle cage, tire pump, and set up tubeless. This is about a pound heavier than my previous Framed Alaskan carbon that was set up the exact same way and I think this weight difference has to do with the double walled carbon rims that Borealis uses vs the single wall carbon rims that Framed uses as well as Borealis using slightly heavier hubs vs. the DT Swiss big rides. As a result of some of the recalls that Framed has had recently on their frames and rims (which we heard directly from their sales staff at their retail store called The House when we tried to order a new bike), I decided to go with a Borealis despite having absolutely no issues with my Framed Alaskan carbon other than my wife laying claim to it as she wanted to upgrade to a full carbon from her Farley 5.

My initial reaction to the Crestone is that it has not disappointed and has performed exactly as expected. The only complaint I would have is that the rear skewer has released itself twice on rides thus far. One more time I will call it a bum skewer and replace it.

I hope this may help some of you as you research a potential new ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Borealis Crestone-crestone-3.jpg  

2019 Borealis Crestone-crestone-2.jpg  

2019 Borealis Crestone-crestone-1.jpg