2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1

Anyone else have one? Couldn't get that surly Wednesday I was after, stock seemed pretty limited in western Canada. Settled for the Bigfoot. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    What size are you riding? I am torn between a small and medium, 5-08.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fltrail View Post
    What size are you riding? I am torn between a small and medium, 5-08.
    If you are 5'8" I would suggest a medium.

I am 5'10" on a medium sasquatch but added a slightly longer stem to get comfy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm 5'8".. Medium is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm 5'10" and 2015 6.3 in medium fit me well. ('15 had 80mm stem for reference)
    2018 RSD Middlechild
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1
    2010 Giant STP SS

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is anyone riding a small? Top tube for small is correct for me, but I notice these come with 60mm stems so a medium may work also. I don' want to buy too big, happened to me once before.
    And I can not test ride either bike, no dealer nearby.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I have one too and mine is a large and outfitted with a rack, fenders, pogies and Dillenger 5s. It is my winter commuter bike. So far so good on my back road commute. It is interesting looking at the tracks made by skinnier tyred bike compared to mine and I'm enjoying the stability!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Norco Bigfoot 6.1-image.jpg  

banned
    Nov 2008
    Is anyone riding a small? Top tube for small is correct for me, but I notice these come with 60mm stems so a medium may work also. I don' want to buy too big, happened to me once before.
    And I can not test ride either bike, no dealer nearby.
    Check this out:
    Here is the 2014 Bigfoot size 17 I tested out, I'm 5'8" like you with a 30inch inseam. I could of probably raised the seat post another 1", but didn't bother. This bike had a 80mm stem on it. The theoretical top tube length is 585mm for the 2014. The bike fit me fine, but I would run a longer stem on it if I bought it.
    The new 2016 Bigfoot 6.1 in size small has a theoretical top tube length of 590mm. Which is basically identical to the 2014 specs.
    I ordered a Sasquatch 6.2 in medium which has a theoretical top tube length of 615mm, but it comes with a 50mm stem.
    I racked my brain on what size frame to buy as well, so I know what you're thinking about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm glad you get it, the numbers on a 2016 say small. I am also worried that if I went with a small would the seatpost be long enough. Web site does not give seatpost length, but with only a 14.9 seat tube itbis another concern. I' m leaning medium now based on everyone's feedback.
    Thanks to everyone's help.

banned
    Nov 2008
    I'm glad you get it, the numbers on a 2016 say small. I am also worried that if I went with a small would the seatpost be long enough. Web site does not give seatpost length, but with only a 14.9 seat tube itbis another concern. I' m leaning medium now based on everyone's feedback.
    Thanks to everyone's help.
    I just picked up my medium Sasquatch 6.2 last night. The geometry is spot on for someone our height 5'8" with 30inch inseam in medium. The top tube length of 615mm doesn't feel that long at all. You're also pretty upright on the bike. The small frame would probably be too small for us, unless you ran a very long stem.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Norco owners -- check out our Norco-only Facebook group. Once you ask to join, I will send you a PM asking for a picture if you don't have one publicly available. No pic, no join -- we get a lot of spammers trying to get in and sell junk, so we're strict. But the group is FANTASTIC. Lots of discussions about mods, etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigfootsightings/

BTW, I'm 5-7 with a 32 1/2-33 inseam. Small is the absolute perfect fit.

banned
    Nov 2008
    Would join but I don't have a Facebook account.

What length stem are you running on the small frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    100mm, but it's a riser (about 45 degrees), so the effective length is probably 80. I had a pro fit me because I have a unique body. Super long legs for my height and (obviously) a short torso. Plus my femurs are disproportionately longer than the lower bones in my legs. So I run a 420 mm seatpost with a 25 mm offset. The stem rise gets the set up just right.