11nine’s Hemicyon is. Billed as “the first full suspension downhill fat bike" ???- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    A Surly Maverick
    Reputation: Dr Feelygood !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,623

    11nine’s Hemicyon is. Billed as “the first full suspension downhill fat bike" ???

    Life IS a Beach and then you Corrode :)

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    576
    Nice! I can attest that 150mm of full suspension travel and fat tires are amazing! However the 907 looks the best to me because of the ability to run 5" tires, which will be my next project.

    -Nolan

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fat_tires_are_fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    520
    I am not typically a fs kinda guy, but I am sure a ski lift run with that would be fairly fun!
    - MOOTS Mooto X
    - Salsa Fargo
    - Niner RLT9

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: blown240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,028
    What a sweet bike. I have 7" travel on the back of mine and its great! Having a fork to match would make a great bike simply amazing!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steve Balogh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    806
    Nice bike, I was thinking more bikes like this will come out, but my question is, are the current crop of fat bike tires up to the challenges of serious downhilling? Most are designed for soft surfaces and seem a bit thin to be taking on any sharp rocks at seriously high speeds. Too bad the Nokian 3.0 isn't still around. Think back to that pic posted a few years ago of the Sandman racer shredding a Husker Du on the back of a fatty.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gcappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17 View Post
    Nice! I can attest that 150mm of full suspension travel and fat tires are amazing! However the 907 looks the best to me because of the ability to run 5" tires, which will be my next project.

    -Nolan
    I am already signed up to buy two. Pre pre. Well, at least GW told me he would email me when they will be available.

  7. #7
    not FAT free
    Reputation: RFX big foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_tires_are_fun View Post
    I am not typically a fs kinda guy, but I am sure a ski lift run with that would be fairly fun!
    that would be fun , just not everywhere it is possible, i was at Snowshoe WV and there was no way to fit fat on a lift
    and their policy did not allow to put it on a chair so no go

  8. #8
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    31,649
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_tires_are_fun View Post
    I am not typically a fs kinda guy, but I am sure a ski lift run with that would be fairly fun!
    Do not want. The gyroscopic force is immense when you pick up any real speed on a fatbike.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crow1knows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17 View Post
    Nice! I can attest that 150mm of full suspension travel and fat tires are amazing! However the 907 looks the best to me because of the ability to run 5" tires, which will be my next project.

    -Nolan
    Am I missing something? does 907 have a FS 6" travel fatbike? I can't find it.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by crow1knows View Post
    Am I missing something? does 907 have a FS 6" travel fatbike? I can't find it.
    Nope, I made a FS fatbike out of an older Lenz Lunchbox frame a few years ago.

    -Nolan

  11. #11
    A Surly Maverick
    Reputation: Dr Feelygood !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan17 View Post
    Nope, I made a FS fatbike out of an older Lenz Lunchbox frame a few years ago.

    -Nolan
    AND it was excellent !

    Dr FG
    Life IS a Beach and then you Corrode :)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 08:22 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 09:58 PM
  3. 11nine full suss fatties
    By nvphatty in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 01:12 PM
  4. 29"+ Full Suspension Bike?
    By jnroyal in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.