Refreshed Tout Terrain Singletrailer (or alternative)?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Refreshed Tout Terrain Singletrailer (or alternative)?

Seems like the only option for moderate trail riding and singletrack is the Tout Terrain Singletrailer. Great reviews over the years, and a painful price tag. Before dropping that kind of coin, I was trying to see if there was ever any word on a refresh/update to the design or if anyone had seen anything coming from another vendor. Looking to bring my 18mo son along on some rides behind my Ripley here in Austin, TX and our trails are ROCKY.

Seems like it would be a fun project to DIY if you were into welding. I can only imagine what someone like Dave Weagle would come up with! LOL

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    If your not set on a trailer check out the mac-ride seat. I have one for my 2.5yo and he loves it, we go mtb on trails! I am generally stay on pretty easy xc trails but there are pictures on harder stuff with older kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelly_NH View Post
    Seems like the only option for moderate trail riding and singletrack is the Tout Terrain Singletrailer. Great reviews over the years, and a painful price tag. Before dropping that kind of coin, I was trying to see if there was ever any word on a refresh/update to the design or if anyone had seen anything coming from another vendor. Looking to bring my 18mo son along on some rides behind my Ripley here in Austin, TX and our trails are ROCKY.

Seems like it would be a fun project to DIY if you were into welding. I can only imagine what someone like Dave Weagle would come up with! LOL

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Another option to consider: When my kids were that age we rode singletrack with the them on the back of a Surly Big Dummy with plus tires. Super easy to carry a balance bike or small pedal bike on one or both sides so they can ride when they want. We rode this way up until the age of 4 for longer rides. It also makes a great around town bike and a nice work out! Now they are older, we mostly use a tow whee strap

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Also makes a great family bikepacking bike

Refreshed Tout Terrain Singletrailer (or alternative)?-img_0133.jpg